Switching build template switches active weapon — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Switching build template switches active weapon

I have a GS on weapon set 1, and sword/pistol on weapon set 2 on Template 1. On Template 2, I have a GS on set 1, and sword/sword on set 2. GS is my Active weapon (even says so in the template popup). When I swap templates, it always switches to either sword/pistol or sword/sword, not the Active weapon. If i swap out the location of the GS and the S/S or S/P in both templates (GS being on bottom) and I swap Templates, it still always switches out of GS.

Tagged:

Comments

• Skotlex.7580Skotlex.7580 Member ✭✭✭

Hmm, I don't have that issue. Maybe your hot keys to change build happen to include whatever you've set as hot key for weapon swap? :o

• YtseJam.9784YtseJam.9784 Member ✭✭✭

it happens when both with hotkeys and by clicking on the tabs in the UI as shown in my video :(

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

@YtseJam.9784 said:
    I have a GS on weapon set 1, and sword/pistol on weapon set 2 on Template 1. On Template 2, I have a GS on set 1, and sword/sword on set 2. GS is my Active weapon (even says so in the template popup). When I swap templates, it always switches to either sword/pistol or sword/sword, not the Active weapon.

Yes, same here. It always automatically switches to the secondary weapon set instead of the primary one.

This needs to be fixed. A temporary solution is to swap your weapon sets on each loadout. :/

• YtseJam.9784YtseJam.9784 Member ✭✭✭

i tried that (as you see in my video) and nothing makes it stay on GS

• We’re aware of this bug and are investigating it.

Stéphane Lo Presti
    Content Marketing Manager

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Stephane Lo Presti.7258 said:
    We’re aware of this bug and are investigating it.

Thx for taking the time to reply to so people do see they are being heard.

• Flatley.1620Flatley.1620 Member ✭✭✭

I don't play so much these days and I'm late to this party but I, too, am seeing this. Happens when I switch between ranger and druid builds using longbow/staff.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.