Unbalanced Elementalist Combo

Landahar.5196

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:The trick with FA in my experience is to just pay attention when they switch attunements to other than air. If you have sound on, they will say “water!” Or “Fire!” Or something along those lines. You know that once they hit you with something in these attunements they will almost always crit and will more than likely switch to air, and that’s where their burst comes from, and you can prepare for a defense in this manner

Also if you have the ability to negate critical damage like on warrior, you can just pop balance stance and you’ll have a survival window. Chaining balance stances with blocks should give you enough time to think of a strategy.

Also with FA, while playing on a necromancer, you want to have considerable range pressure because most FA ele’s will kite melle via super speed. Super speed makes them immune to chill and cripple, so having axe pressure will usually force them out of air to water Or earth. If they are taking too much damage they will either stay in these attunements even if their air attunement is off Cooldown, or they will switch to air simply to kite away or use their Blind on air 2.

I don't think people have issues dueling FA ele.

@"Mini Crinny.6190" said:This is true, but people would rather stay on whatever class they want and when they get outplayed, it's easier for them to say it's because this class is OP rather than looking at themselvesI think also is true that then try swap on 'op class' they don't get any profit and understanding that real problem not in class, but in 'hands' very non comfortable. More easy say "they a op, and it is not my issue"

@cgMatt.5162 said:

@reikken.4961 said:Wait, people actually run the sunspot trait? weaver has approximately zero condi clear without taking smothering auras (or traiting water)

I mean it's a minor trait so you don't have a choice when you run the Fire traitline.

no, no, I mean sunspot does basically nothing unless you take the trait Burning Rage. It just gives you a fire aura.

@reikken.4961 said:

@reikken.4961 said:Wait, people actually run the sunspot trait? weaver has approximately zero condi clear without taking smothering auras (or traiting water)

I mean it's a minor trait so you don't have a choice when you run the Fire traitline.

no, no, I mean sunspot does basically nothing unless you take the trait Burning Rage. It just gives you a fire aura.

I do not agree Sunspot being the one reason for Fire weaver's strength - but it is definitely part of it. This way you can get Fire aura every 4s and therefore basically permanent, together with Smothering auras the build has therefor pretty good condi clear. That trait also lets you transmute all those Sunspot auras due to the longer duration.

Burning rage is clearly inferior in PVP.