[merged] Legendary Gear and Templates

@linamaria.1830 said:Excuse my ignorance, but how would they be screwed? For me those who have everything legendary for each character, are the ones in the most perfect and sweet spot, regardless. Those people can just simply forget about swapping gear between characters. And why would they end up having to delete (???) legendary armor? This doesn't make any sense to me. Again, excuse my ignorance.

The original topic before it got merged was to make legendary armor item storage shared between characters without having to put them in the bank, so if you crafted one for each weight class (3 total), you'd only ever have to equip 3 across all characters and have the other 6 legendary armor sets sitting in your bank doing nothing. Literally wasted time, materials, gold to craft them. That's how I understood it.

Now if the templates could hold the config when passing between the bank when you swap to other characters, that is all right. It would be similar functionality to how Arcdps had it and no value would be lost if you had already crafted 9 sets. Then it's just an issue of how many slots and price.

@cgMatt.5162 said:The original topic before it got merged was to make legendary armor item storage shared between characters without having to put them in the bank

My no.1 priority is still the removal of auto-ejecting upgrades from unlinked legendary gear and, in this context, the removal of upgrades as separate entities from the equipment storage.

@cgMatt.5162 said:

@cgMatt.5162 said:Would kind of devalue for people who made more than 3 legendary armor sets tbh. Assuming one per weight class.

People getting legendary armor do it because they don't want to deal with armor anymore, the whole entire extra effort to go for duplicates just defeats the purpose of getting it since you could always swap it from character to character at hearts content anyway, at more or less of a few minutes compared the entire investment of another set, it's pretty much just for the skin.

Now we have build templates that can't be kept even though the possibility is there. Tbh, people with ascended gear would still benefit from such ability to make the sets available account wide, avoiding the need to trade in between characters. Because you know you have that gear, you know it's a possibility, but it's stuck behind those unnecessary efforts.

I get the concept of armor swapping from bank or shared slots and everything would be really convenient, but some people made more than 3 sets for other characters so they don't have to swap. Some people have 9 sets, one for every profession, and they would be screwed over by a change like that. I'd feel bad if I had to spend all that gold and time making those sets and end up having to delete 6 sets of legendary armor, do you get what I'm saying?

What? That's not how it works frendo.Lets say Im going to give away 75g divided to 2 people, person 1 gets 50g and person 2 gets 25g, you are saying that person 2 just lost 25g over person 1 which is so dumb!Just because person 1 gains more benefits than person 2, doesn't mean person 2 is losing something. It simply means person 1 gains more.

@Setz.9675 said:Lets say Im going to give away 75g divided to 2 people, person 1 gets 50g and person 2 gets 25g, you are saying that person 2 just lost 25g over person 1 which is so dumb!This is a poor analogy for the idea you were trying to convey, nor is it relevant. Say you had 100g but now they max capacity is 25g that's a loss depending on how you handle the excess, but that's still not relevant to your idea.

A different suggestion would be to be able to change the stats of each piece of legendary armor a the same time. E.g. setting your helm to Berserker's stats, being able to right click it and "apply to all" other gear pieces. It doesn't help people that use a mix of stats, but I'm also surprised it's not in the game.

It is in the game, you can check a box to change all the legendary armor to a single stat type at once, same with legendary runes, sigils, weapons, and trinkets. But even if you have all that stuff you are still looking at 8 separate steps, and that's before you manually input all the infusions individually.

The best thing A-net can do at this point is imo is #1: increase the maximum build storage to something like 30, same with character bound template storage, and #2 make the armory storage shared across the entire account.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Jthug.9506" said:2 make the armory storage shared across the entire account.

That's the worst idea ever. It would make the equipment storage a complete mess as it would take you hours to find what you are looking for. It wouldn't solve the real technical issues the templates system is currently facing, either.

Tell me what issue"s" does exactly the system has? I'm using it fine with the only issue being that if I want to put my legendary armor sets on another class of the same weight, I have to trash the current templates of equipment I have made.

@"Shao.7236" said:Tell me what issue"s" does exactly the system has? I'm using it fine with the only issue being that if I want to put my legendary armor sets on another class of the same weight, I have to trash the current templates of equipment I have made.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/91126/official-feedback-thread-about-build-and-equipment-templates#latest

@Shao.7236 said:

@"Jthug.9506" said:2 make the armory storage shared across the entire account.

That's the worst idea ever. It would make the equipment storage a complete mess as it would take you hours to find what you are looking for. It wouldn't solve the real technical issues the templates system is currently facing, either.

Tell me what issue"s" does exactly the system has? I'm using it fine with the only issue being that if I want to put my legendary armor sets on another class of the same weight, I have to trash the current templates of equipment I have made.

Shao,

I, too, have this exact same issue, and it's my personal #1 issue with the Equipment Template system. I have 3 sets of Legendary armor, one per weight. In order to pass my light set from my Ele to my Reaper, for example, I have to destroy every Equipment Template I've setup on my Ele. And then recreate each one when I want to switch back to my Ele.... over and over again.

Anet,

We need a way to move Legendary equipment from one toon to another toon that DOESN'T DESTROY the EQUIPMENT TEMPLATES once created. (In other words - we need a TRUE EQUIPMENT TEMPLATE system.) I'm all for any solution that does that for Legendary gear (or ascended gear for that matter). An account wide/shared armory for ACCOUNT BOUND items could work. But I can see the potential of this being confusing, especially if many pieces have the same "skin." NOTE: the Build Storage system already behaves in a way that maintains its templates' build settings regardless of what Build templates are loaded. Perhaps adopting this approach would work for Equipment Templates?

@UnDeadFun.5824 said:

@"Shao.7236" said:Tell me what issue"s" does exactly the system has? I'm using it fine with the only issue being that if I want to put my legendary armor sets on another class of the same weight, I have to trash the current templates of equipment I have made.

People have such a high demand from a F2P game that only lives from microtransactions. They've done it differently, why is it so hard to accept?

I see mostly nothing wrong with what we have here because for as little money as I already give to Anet and so is everyone, they are still giving me content for free. You still get more templates out of buying a character slot than buying them apart, which says much about what they want people to do. There was already more "outrageous" ways that gems could be asked for, such as sharing slots or extra bag slots yet nobody complains about that.

Because you lost ArcDPS, something that you were warned about in every ways to not be official, shouldn't upset anyone as it feels like everyone took it for granted. Just like DX12pxy that could vanish anytime, wouldn't make me react much knowing I have made the agreement that it's unofficial.

There's a lot of abuse for any convenience that people can get nowadays, let alone for free. It shows that nobody cares enough to notice.

I'm disappointed legendary gear can't be shared between every equipment template of every character in an account.It's so annying to move gear now, it's like:1) Remove desired gear from Eq template of Char 1.2) Move said gear in bank (or shared slots).3) Take that gear with Char 2 and equip it.

@Shao.7236 said:

@Shao.7236 said:Tell me what issue"s" does exactly the system has? I'm using it fine with the only issue being that if I want to put my legendary armor sets on another class of the same weight, I have to trash the current templates of equipment I have made.

People have such a high demand from a F2P game that only lives from microtransactions.

I feel like I'm trapped in a perpetuum mobile whenever I read comments like these. ;) Please take the time to delve into the system fully and you will discover its flaws.

In any case, we don't have "high demands". On the contrary:

1. Our only demand is for things to work properly without screwing anything up (regardless of the system's immense limitation with its 6-slots limit or the pricing).
  2. GW1 itself, as well as a free GW2 3rd party tool, used to do everything perfectly, the way people who actually have use of templates needed it to work. Both systems were much simpler in their functionality, yet more efficient. Asking for something "simpler" is the exact opposite of "having high demands", no?

@"Shao.7236" said:Because you lost ArcDPS, something that you were warned about in every ways to not be official, shouldn't upset anyone as it feels like everyone took it for granted. Just like DX12pxy that could vanish anytime, wouldn't make me react much knowing I have made the agreement that it's unofficial.

There's a lot of abuse for any convenience that people can get nowadays, let alone for free. It shows that nobody cares enough to notice.

If you like them, fine. however, I think you are the one missing something here. Among the many reasons here are just a few ...Why allow a free third party app? ( which was better than official templates)Why advertise them as free but then charge for them?Why overcharge? It is cheaper to buy another character slot then expand templates?Why are they so greedy to separate templates into 3 sections to monetize each?Why release templates when they clearly did not test them?Why not allow players to opt-out of the system?Why not allow people to still use the free third-party app if they are sure of the quality of their product?

I have been a loyal GW2 customer for 7 years, a loyal GW1 customer even still today. I have bought multiple copies of each game and its expansions.I have probably spent more money in the gem shop than it would have cost me to have paid for a monthly subscription game.I don't mind paying for convenience, I do expect quality and do not want to be overcharged.If you are a paying consumer and you are not satisfied with the service provided, you have options. I will voice my discontent and if the company does not meet my satisfaction I will get those services elsewhere. ... and nothing is free, if think for a minute that all these updates and "conveniences" Anet provided were free you need to wake up.

@cgMatt.5162 said:

@Setz.9675 said:Lets say Im going to give away 75g divided to 2 people, person 1 gets 50g and person 2 gets 25g, you are saying that person 2 just lost 25g over person 1 which is so dumb!This is a poor analogy for the idea you were trying to convey, nor is it relevant. Say you had 100g but now they max capacity is 25g that's a loss depending on how you handle the excess, but that's still not relevant to your idea.

LoL, you don't have the capacity to determine what is a good or bad analogy or have any perspective to talk about relevance, dream on. I clearly conveyed the idea that people only gain benefits and aren't losing anything. What are you even trying to say with the 100g and 25g capacity? That having an excess of 6 crafted legendary armors with an account wide shared equipment storage option would be a loss? A person with 9 legendary sets would see his 9 sets being stretched up into potentially 70 characters where as a person with 3 legendary sets would see his 3 sets being stretched into 70 characters as well. Its simply disgusting how dishonest and misleading you are. The capacity doesnt become 25g but far into the 700-800g.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Shao.7236 said:Tell me what issue"s" does exactly the system has? I'm using it fine with the only issue being that if I want to put my legendary armor sets on another class of the same weight, I have to trash the current templates of equipment I have made.

People have such a high demand from a F2P game that only lives from microtransactions.

I feel like I'm trapped in a
whenever I read comments like these. ;) Please take the time to delve into the system fully and you will discover its flaws.

In any case, we don't have "high demands". On the contrary:
  1. Our
    only
    demand is for things to work properly without screwing anything up (
    regardless
    of the system's immense limitation with its 6-slots limit or the pricing).
  2. GW1 itself, as well as a free GW2 3rd party tool, used to do everything perfectly, the way people who actually have use of templates needed it to work. Both systems were
    much simpler
    in their functionality, yet
    more efficient
    . Asking for something "simpler" is the exact opposite of "having high demands", no?

Think like a business as well as what you have currently.

You know that the people in charge would (usually) do the best if they could, they are paid for it. Or even better if you could be paid to make it better you should be the one applying for said situation. There's clearly only so much that can be done but we are stuck arguing about the possibilities when it's right there in front of you that nothing is going to change.

It's evident that free is only gonna go so far.

Also it seems to go right above everyone's mind that they are trying to keep a margin of profit over their revenue by giving people features that they want but not in excess, anyway behold the complains are still there and we want everything for free and permanently with even less motives to give a dying label a reason to move on.

People took the third party tool for granted and that's where it stops for me. The current templates has only a few flaws outside the whole contreversial paywall that is always surprising to people but no different than the rest of features that you'd have to pay for including character slots effectively giving you more per gem in the end. (Yeah, real humans work there for you!)

It's also evident that the equipment sharing is driven by the idea of keeping the economy going, I could understand if they didn't do it for Ascended but they should given it's account bound, for Legendary gear it's completely whack because they are advertised and feature as the "never struggle with you armor again" kind of mentality AND the system goes against by forcing template destruction which is my complete non sense from any point but resource that don't really make players want to spend more real cash, just time.

If it had to be this way even for legendary armor, there's clearly a need for resource reduction they want to achieve. Because those people who are going to swap that legendary gear will be spending transmutation charges in which depending what kind of player you are, those are also sometimes bought on the gemstore by others, so it keeps one sort of revenue regardless unlike having people with 6 other sets that will rarely ever change. This could apply to ascended though, since some people just roll Berserker gear on everything.

@UnDeadFun.5824 said:

@"Shao.7236" said:Because you lost ArcDPS, something that you were warned about in every ways to not be official, shouldn't upset anyone as it feels like everyone took it for granted. Just like DX12pxy that could vanish anytime, wouldn't make me react much knowing I have made the agreement that it's unofficial.

If you like them, fine. however, I think you are the one missing something here. Among the many reasons here are just a few ...Why allow a free third party app? ( which was better than official templates)I can understand but we lost it, can't do much about it. It's clearly not going to change.Why advertise them as free but then charge for them?Again, some of them are free and given with each character slot.Why overcharge? It is cheaper to buy another character slot then expand templates?Looking at the other things.. It's comparable if not exactly the same.Why are they so greedy to separate templates into 3 sections to monetize each?Some people just play one game mode altogether, but I also disagree with this choice on their part. It is greedy on that.Why release templates when they clearly did not test them?Large scale testing is not exactly possible, it was clearly a network issue with all the new information that the system couldn't handle well at first.Why not allow players to opt-out of the system?Those "bugs" were collateral damage they didn't realize I guess? Honestly if you want to opt-out, not touching it counts as the same?Why not allow people to still use the free third-party app if they are sure of the quality of their product?Well, money of course. In my understanding of economy.I have been a loyal GW2 customer for 7 years, a loyal GW1 customer even still today. I have bought multiple copies of each game and its expansions.I have probably spent more money in the gem shop than it would have cost me to have paid for a monthly subscription game.I don't mind paying for convenience, I do expect quality and do not want to be overcharged.If you are a paying consumer and you are not satisfied with the service provided, you have options. I will voice my discontent and if the company does not meet my satisfaction I will get those services elsewhere. ... and nothing is free, if think for a minute that all these updates and "conveniences" Anet provided were free you need to wake up.I think you make fair points as a consumer and it's totally not out of place to make these complains but this where all and all, Anet seemingly can't make the compromise. They aim at a certain amount of limitation not for data but to keep people going at their products, I'd imagine that in time of doing it it gives them all the reason to be able to work on other things to release later.

These kind of situation is rampant in all sort of places which some are more some are less obvious, you probably know that too. I'm not here to protect anet or whatever, that's just the way I understand it and it feels shitty to lose the freedom people have had but if it keeps my favorite game going, hell with it. I know truly that it's not going as well as people like it to be, but it's the ever changing industry that really kills it, not their so called bad decisions, at least not often.

They are not like.. In a spot where they can do whatever they want, they are in that spot where they have to make the right decisions that contributes to them and the players in balance. This isn't EA or worst Bethesta we are talking about, Anet is really just trying to keep out of NCSoft decisions to scrap everything like Wildstar.

@Setz.9675 said:

LoL, you don't have the capacity to determine what is a good or bad analogy or have any perspective to talk about relevance, dream on. I clearly conveyed the idea that people only gain benefits and aren't losing anything. What are you even trying to say with the 100g and 25g capacity? That having an excess of 6 crafted legendary armors with an account wide shared equipment storage option would be a loss? A person with 9 legendary sets would see his 9 sets being stretched up into potentially 70 characters where as a person with 3 legendary sets would see his 3 sets being stretched into 70 characters as well. Its simply disgusting how dishonest and misleading you are. The capacity doesnt become 25g but far into the 700-800g.

So crafting 6 extra legendary sets that are not needed anymore since 3 is enough aint losing something?Cant you pay my rent for me I mean your already paying your rent so your not losing anything.

People are just trying to get free legendary armor without having to craft more than 3 sets. I don't think the discussion on that point is going anywhere nor am I convinced, but I think we can all agree that the stat swap needs to stay when you move it from the bank or a shared slot to another character. Anet is better off not listening to suggestions like that.

@Linken.6345 said:

So crafting 6 extra legendary sets that are not needed anymore since 3 is enough aint losing something?Cant you pay my rent for me I mean your already paying your rent so your not losing anything.

I bought my computer for 800 euro's total, the same computer 6 years later will cost me less than 400 euro. As time goes by my computer seems to become outdated and lose value, better not buy a new computer because as time goes by I would just lose money.Good analogy there with the rent, you really got me there m8. Its not like my 10 light armor users can just swap legendary armor through a bank since you know account bound and all and those 10 characters are all my virtual 'me' /s

@cgMatt.5162 said:People are just trying to get free legendary armor without having to craft more than 3 sets. I don't think the discussion on that point is going anywhere nor am I convinced, but I think we can all agree that the stat swap needs to stay when you move it from the bank or a shared slot to another character. Anet is better off not listening to suggestions like that.

Obviously I agree that stats need to be remembered in equipment storages when it involves legendary gear, equipping and unequipping. Bypassing the part of storing it into a bank is what a normal person would call a Quality of Life upgrade. Because you know, why waste time doing mandatory dumb stuff like unequipping/equipping and dragging items between tabs when a single click could achieve the same results?

Sorry man but that's not an idea I could get behind. For someone who only has 3 legendary armor sets I agree that is a huge QoL, but for people with more than 3 it's a huge slap in the face to the time they put into the game and I really hope the right people can see that from both perspectives. Come up with something better that doesn't screw people over.

@cgMatt.5162 said:Sorry man but that's not an idea I could get behind. For someone who only has 3 legendary armor sets I agree that is a huge QoL, but for people with more than 3 it's a huge slap in the face to the time they put into the game and I really hope the right people can see that from both perspectives. Come up with something better that doesn't screw people over.

equipment storage tabs screws over everyone who invested in addition bag slots and 24+ slot bags to store their gear.shared inventory slots on release screwed over everyone who bought more than 1 infinite salvage kit / permanent BLC contract / infinite gathering tools etc etcBeing screwed over is nothing new, investments either pay of or make someone loses money. Investing in legendary equipment for convenience is no different that investing in anything TP related. It either pays of or you make a loss. Your time investment and choices made in this game aren't sacred, hope you can understand this.

The truly hilarious part though is that you want a system tailored to your circumstances, where you get the maximum benefits while denying every other player in this game a true QoL feature which is a quick and easy way for ACCOUNT BOUND ARMOR SHARING and then hahahahhah say its for the fairness of the what? less than 0,5% of the playerbase that got more than 3 full sets of legendary armor? While the ENTIRE player base would benefit from an account wide armory.

@cgMatt.5162 said:It's just not the approach you want to be taking and the way they did it in the past wasn't right either.

Replace ''you'' with ''I'' next time, you don't speak for anyone but yourself.It was completely right to introduce shared inventory slots and it's completely right to introduce equipment and build storages. Both of these features are tremendous QoL improvements. What needs to happen now is to make the latter reach their fullest potential and that isn't going to happen when a minority within a minority needs to be taken into account for.

@Setz.9675 said:It was completely right to introduce shared inventory slots and it's completely right to introduce equipment and build storages. Both of these features are tremendous QoL improvements.

Not with their immense limitations (even when you spend Gems to get the maximum number available) or their still flawed functionalities (i.e., being no real templates, ejecting upgrades from legendary gear, to name just two).

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Setz.9675 said:It was completely right to introduce shared inventory slots and it's completely right to introduce equipment and build storages. Both of these features are tremendous QoL improvements.

Not with their immense limitations (even when you spend Gems to get the maximum number available) or their still flawed functionalities (i.e., being no real templates, ejecting upgrades from legendary gear, to name just two).

that why I said: ''What needs to happen now is to make the latter reach their fullest potential''.Equipment and build storage is obviously a larger project than shared inventory slots was, bugs and glitches are to be expected from a new system and it's not like the devs aren't going to fix these things. Just because not everything is as fluid in the ingame system as it was with arcs system doesnt mean equipment/build storage should have been delayed. These kind of things usually come to light when players get the mess around with it.Personally I don't think it's fair that people use arc templates as the baseline point of view to judge equipment and build storage over core GW2 (+ expansions), arc templates were not the norm for the global community but the tolerated exception.