Ban Waves Don't Work for PvP

TheComposer.6574

Okay, so i got a message from anet about how they deal with reported players in pvp and it was in no way helpful. I was told they handle problem players all at once through a ban wave. This is problematic, and i have some sound reasoning as to why. So you get grouped with the same players, i won't name drop here, but there is a very particular necro who likes to afk and not participate the moment the team loses a team fight. I mean, it could be a 2v2 that gets plussed, he's gonna quit. Instead of rage quitting, he idles, so we in turn lose lose rank points, this happened to me maybe 7 times today. Rank means nothing if you get destroyed by players afking even though everyone reports them. It needs to be handles ASAP, not when you decide to ban salty players and cheaters in droves. Especially in PvP elements of the game.

@TheComposer.6574 said:Okay, so i got a message from anet about how they deal with reported players in pvp and it was in no way helpful. I was told they handle problem players all at once through a ban wave. This is problematic, and i have some sound reasoning as to why. So you get grouped with the same players, i won't name drop here, but there is a very particular necro who likes to afk and not participate the moment the team loses a team fight. I mean, it could be a 2v2 that gets plussed, he's gonna quit. Instead of rage quitting, he idles, so we in turn lose lose rank points, this happened to me maybe 7 times today. Rank means nothing if you get destroyed by players afking even though everyone reports them. It needs to be handles ASAP, not when you decide to ban salty players and cheaters in droves. Especially in PvP elements of the game.

This among similar things will never go away. It's far to easy to manipulate matches when the goal being ranks is determined by the team as a whole. I can easily decide to lower anyone's rank if I choose just by afk means or even by not taking the match seriously and goofing off all match throwing it. Not that i do these things obviously just making the point.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@TheComposer.6574 said:Okay, so i got a message from anet about how they deal with reported players in pvp and it was in no way helpful. I was told they handle problem players all at once through a ban wave. This is problematic, and i have some sound reasoning as to why. So you get grouped with the same players, i won't name drop here, but there is a very particular necro who likes to afk and not participate the moment the team loses a team fight. I mean, it could be a 2v2 that gets plussed, he's gonna quit. Instead of rage quitting, he idles, so we in turn lose lose rank points, this happened to me maybe 7 times today. Rank means nothing if you get destroyed by players afking even though everyone reports them. It needs to be handles ASAP, not when you decide to ban salty players and cheaters in droves. Especially in PvP elements of the game.

This among similar things will never go away. It's far to easy to manipulate matches when the goal being ranks is determined by the team as a whole. I can easily decide to lower anyone's rank if I choose just by afk means or even by not taking the match seriously and goofing off all match throwing it. Not that i do these things obviously just making the point.

To be honest, if people keep reporting someone over the course of multiple matches there should be a red flag in the system to at least temp ban a person until it's investigated. People here usually don't report for no reason at all.

There are no repercussions for bad behavior in this game. You get infracted for pointing out the names of players hacking/cheating/botting/afking/throwing/etc. Yet players get reported for months or years on end for their bad behavior and not only are they not punished but they brag about not getting actioned by Anet so they don't care. In some ways it seems like the behavior is rewarded.

You've had players that throw on stream, take gold for afking on streams, screenshots, chat logs, etc. There were players that sold their accounts repeatedly, made new ones and sold those too. Players also account share for friends to get rewards they couldn't otherwise get, pay cash or gold to have others get them rewards/play their accounts, people afk because they get rewards for losing, they throw to spite others, etc., and the worst they get is a temp suspension from ranked PvP. So they go play PvE, WvW or one of their many free alt accounts or even take a short break. Then they come back and do the same.

Until Anet decides to actually punish this behavior...nothing will change. Sadly 7 years in, I doubt they will have a sudden change of heart. /shrug

Necro that afk's after a lost teamfight? Prince Vingador is back!?!?!? Pogchamp.