Halloween collection : Deepstone Fractal — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Halloween collection : Deepstone Fractal

Hi there,
I just did the Deepstone Fractal and wanted to complete the Halloween collection Mad Armory: Carapace of Chaos and loot the Ghostly Stone Essence but nothing happened.
So questions are :

• Is it a bug ?
  • Is it intended that the collection doesn't work after the end of the festival ? (This would be a veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery bad idea)
  • If it's not supposed to be active when the festival is over, why the collection can be seen in the achievement pannel while the festival has ended ?
  • Is it because I did it in Tier 1 and not tier 4 ? It's not written that it have to be t4 chest.

Few answers :

• Yes, auto-loot was deactivated
  • Yes, ghostly aura was activated thanks to Omnomberry Ghost

I wish a quick answer. Thank you very much !
Kind regards, MJ

Comments

• I've just finished the "pirates' jumping puzzle" in LA and used the Omnomberry Ghost. No problem. Don't know what happened in fractal t1. I'll retry later and give an update here.

• jediwolf.8724jediwolf.8724 Member ✭✭✭

I did it before Halloween event ended. But I did tier 1 and got it.
    Must have hit a bug. Try again after reset hopefully you will have better luck.

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

reapply the ghost aura effect before looting last chest.
    Since the ghost aura only last 10 min and the food 30 are you sure the aura was still on?

• Solvar.7953Solvar.7953 Member ✭✭✭

I think is is buggy. I did urban battlegrounds with some guild mates. Defeated the boss, we all made sure we had the ghostly essence, and none of us got achievement credit.
    We then re-did it (different tier), getting ghostly essence before defeating the boss, and it worked. Though it may have worked even if we became ghostly after defeating the boss - not sure, but the description or effect is wrong.

• @Linken.6345 said:
    Since the ghost aura only last 10 min and the food 30 are you sure the aura was still on?

I deactivated all "auto loot option" while i was beginning the fractal and I only applied the omnomberry ghost after the boss fight, before looting. So yes, i'm sure. But I understand you asked. ^^
    @Solvar.7953 Two days ago, I completed Urban Battlegrounds and did in the exact same way that I did in Deepstone. Omnomberry ghost after boss fight but before loot. No problem for me. Maybe it's buggy, you're right.

Thanks for your feedbacks ! :-)

• Taygus.4571Taygus.4571 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 7, 2019

I did it during halloween, and had auto loot on. and got it no bother. Completed all those achieves with autoloot on

I applied the ghost affect before the final boss fight.

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

@MornJack.3579 said:

@Linken.6345 said:

I deactivated all "auto loot option" while i was beginning the fractal and I only applied the omnomberry ghost after the boss fight, before looting. So yes, i'm sure. But I understand you asked. ^^
    @Solvar.7953 Two days ago, I completed Urban Battlegrounds and did in the exact same way that I did in Deepstone. Omnomberry ghost after boss fight but before loot. No problem for me. Maybe it's buggy, you're right.

Thanks for your feedbacks ! :-)

Yea the boss fight shouldent take more then 10 mins so no reason to apply it after the fight mate or were you soloing it in minstrel?