Blizzard stole the CC breakbar thing

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

@Thornwolf.9721 said:The difference is Im sure Diablo will use it with more finesse than guild wars ever has. Im actually pretty convinced that Diablo 4 when it finally does come (Like three or four years) It will bury whatever is left of this game. Especially since its actual dark fantasy and looks to be taking the guild wars model and offer paid expansions, which is what this game should be doing. (With all the perks that come with an expansion of course.)

Yeah sure it will, a game that looks like it was ripped from their mobile version will magically bury this game.

of course it will
pats head

I mean this game right now is following the mobile trend, the exact same kind of monetization as of build templates. We are on a maintenance mode like trend with living world being all we have too look forward too. Diablo 4 has been said to charge for cosmetics, and is following the footsteps of the A-rpg genre but bringing everything guild wars 2 has into its building blocks. Mobile games were based around this genre because they could build it to fit the mobile market, but Diablo 4 has been stated to be mmo-lite and will offer full expansions ontop of cosmetics. (They even have mounts, which will function at least similarly to guild wars 2 with a unique dismount from what we were shown.)

It also has pvp and will have some focus on that area, ontop of being a sandbox mmo-a-rpg just like Lost ark. Guild wars 2 has a niche fan-base where no one outside of those who have been here or have been brought here by their friends would know of its existence. Do you know how many people I talk too about this game, who are always stunned its still going? Or they don't know that we exist? Guild wars 2 has like NO market presence and has no shadow, its legitamentally under the umbrella of every other game in its genre.

Games in maintenance mode don't get balance updates or story updates, they remain and maintain what already exists, therefore your point is already invalid.

D4 is essentially a mobile rip-off.

GW2's fan base is anything but niche but grats on not knowing nor understanding the meaning of the word "niche". As for "no" market presence - you have evidence to back up this false claim?

No? You don't? Didn't think so.

As for "monetization of build templates" - you get a bunch for free. free. Do you require 15 billion templates? This sounds more like a you problem than anything else.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw it in a video of someone playing the demo. Sounds more like they took a step backwards rather than improving things over the previous 'becoming increasing resistant' approach.

Anyway ... this was a stupid question. Someone copying you is basically a compliment. Copying and tweaking is how a lot of things we use on a daily basis came into being in their current state including whatever device you used to write your post.

@phokus.8934 said:

@Nightcore.5621 said:Blizzard well be addin CC break bar to World Bosses in diablo4 same as we have. Did they stole the idea from this game ?And GW2 stole it from a final fantasy game.

What is your point?

THIEF!! PERMA STEALTH > @Cuks.8241 said:

Blizzard has never been known for their innovation. Hell I can't remember one innovative thing in their games and I play since Warcraft: Orcs and Humans. What they are known (or they were at least) is for their polish, design and story telling (not writing).

You confuse the term Original and Innovative. Blizzard has always been Innovative, but not very original since most of the ideas come from other IPs just better. Pretty much 80% of WoW's Lore for example is a copy paste of LOTR but with name changes. But WoW Lore I say is more interesting and innovative.

@Its Nerfing Time.1495 said:

@Thornwolf.9721 said:The difference is Im sure Diablo will use it with more finesse than guild wars ever has. Im actually pretty convinced that Diablo 4 when it finally does come (Like three or four years) It will bury whatever is left of this game. Especially since its actual dark fantasy and looks to be taking the guild wars model and offer paid expansions, which is what this game should be doing. (With all the perks that come with an expansion of course.)

Yeah sure it will, a game that looks like it was ripped from their mobile version will magically bury this game.

of course it will
pats head

I mean this game right now is following the mobile trend, the exact same kind of monetization as of build templates. We are on a maintenance mode like trend with living world being all we have too look forward too. Diablo 4 has been said to charge for cosmetics, and is following the footsteps of the A-rpg genre but bringing everything guild wars 2 has into its building blocks. Mobile games were based around this genre because they could build it to fit the mobile market, but Diablo 4 has been stated to be mmo-lite and will offer full expansions ontop of cosmetics. (They even have mounts, which will function at least similarly to guild wars 2 with a unique dismount from what we were shown.)

It also has pvp and will have some focus on that area, ontop of being a sandbox mmo-a-rpg just like Lost ark. Guild wars 2 has a niche fan-base where no one outside of those who have been here or have been brought here by their friends would know of its existence. Do you know how many people I talk too about this game, who are always stunned its still going? Or they don't know that we exist? Guild wars 2 has like NO market presence and has no shadow, its legitamentally under the umbrella of every other game in its genre.

Games in maintenance mode don't get balance updates or story updates, they remain and maintain what already exists, therefore your point is already invalid.

GW2's fan base is anything but niche but grats on not knowing nor understanding the meaning of the word "niche". As for "no" market presence - you have evidence to back up this false claim?

As for "monetization of build templates" - you get a bunch for free.
free
. Do you require 15 billion templates? This sounds more like a
you
problem than anything else.

You can shill all you want but up until this point we were working with a skeleton crew as all the money went to other games. As for no market pressence? Do we have TV trailers? Do we have youtube trailers that ACTUALLY show up without having looked for it? Do we have anything other than a few banners on obscure websites which most people openly ignore? I don't think so, so therefor we have little to no market pressence and most people in this genre who aren't in this game have no reason once so ever to check it out or even know about it. Whats the hook? There isn't one.

Diablo 4 is an Action Rpg mobile was based around them, not the other way around. Diablo also revolutionized Rpg's and opened the door for games such as guild wars and even WoW to make their way in. Its like the Doom of fantasy games as it broke the mold of a lot of the sterotypes centered around fantasy games, to drive this home Mike O and the majority of the original crew who made guild wars 1 came from blizzard. A good chunk from blizzard north after they shut them down, and stole Diablo and made D3 which was a cluster.

Diablo 4 is essentially the Western Lost Ark as lost ark hasn't and probably never will come over to the west, its an MMO-Rpg with the action Rpg UI and gameplay which sure is a bit limiting but at least its sticking close to its roots. D4 also will have expansions, no paid content outside of Cosmetics so its running on almost the same model that GW2 ran on up until recently. They've even stated they won't sell power so your points are invalid and you're simply uneducated on what a mobile game really is, because its not the same. If D4 is essentially a mobile game then so is GW2 as they both run fundamentally on the same pay model and the same essential model all rpgs that are technically mmo's have ran on for a long time. The only reason the camera angle looks like a mobile game is because Action-RPGS were used in mobile due to them being easier to make with the camera being so far out. but if you took the time to notice D4's camera is pulled in Really close compared to any other Action RPG, you're in the face of it and the attention to detail even though this isn't even an alpha build is astonishing.

So With diablo being a bigger name that guild wars, with it basically taking everything guild wars has feature wise and rolling it into the game and using it along with its IP and dark gothic fantasy I do believe it will be solid competition for guild wars 2. A prime example is Albeion online which has a ton of players, its also like an action rpg in appearance but it has a ton of depth. Guild wars 2 needs more than an episode every two months, the occasional raid and strike mission... We need more stuff such as E-specs and Expansion level content which as of yet they don't seem to be delivering. Balance shouldn't take an almost Decade to accomplish, not unless they didn't care up until now to try. I have little faith in this company or the team~ They've lied too much and broken too many promises. Remember WvW Alliances? Yea so do I. Won't happen and IF it does I almost cynically believe they will ask for a entry fee of a moderate 30$ to get in.. And It will break the mode just like templates did, just like any feature they decide to make that goes untested.

I want this game to succeed, I just don't believe in the people we are stuck with can manage it. IF not for being so invested in tyria and the lore of the world, as well the fact Ill finally get to see jormag I'd of dipped out a long time ago. Because this doesn't feel like a game thats doing well, it feels like a game thats strapped for players and resources because of poor business decisions.

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

of course it will
pats head

free
you

You can shill all you want but up until this point we were working with a skeleton crew as all the money went to other games. As for no market pressence? Do we have TV trailers? Do we have youtube trailers that ACTUALLY show up without having looked for it? Do we have anything other than a few banners on obscure websites which most people openly ignore? I don't think so, so therefor we have little to no market pressence and most people in this genre who aren't in this game have no reason once so ever to check it out or even know about it. Whats the hook? There isn't one.

Diablo 4 is an Action Rpg mobile was based around them, not the other way around. Diablo also revolutionized Rpg's and opened the door for games such as guild wars and even WoW to make their way in. Its like the Doom of fantasy games as it broke the mold of a lot of the sterotypes centered around fantasy games, to drive this home Mike O and the majority of the original crew who made guild wars 1 came from blizzard. A good chunk from blizzard north after they shut them down, and stole Diablo and made D3 which was a cluster.

Diablo 4 is essentially the Western Lost Ark as lost ark hasn't and probably never will come over to the west, its an MMO-Rpg with the action Rpg UI and gameplay which sure is a bit limiting but at least its sticking close to its roots. D4 also will have expansions, no paid content outside of Cosmetics so its running on almost the same model that GW2 ran on up until recently. They've even stated they won't sell power so your points are invalid and you're simply uneducated on what a mobile game really is, because its not the same. If D4 is essentially a mobile game then so is GW2 as they both run fundamentally on the same pay model and the same essential model all rpgs that are technically mmo's have ran on for a long time. The only reason the camera angle looks like a mobile game is because Action-RPGS were used in mobile due to them being easier to make with the camera being so far out. but if you took the time to notice D4's camera is pulled in Really close compared to any other Action RPG, you're in the face of it and the attention to detail even though this isn't even an alpha build is astonishing.

So With diablo being a bigger name that guild wars, with it basically taking everything guild wars has feature wise and rolling it into the game and using it along with its IP and dark gothic fantasy I do believe it will be solid competition for guild wars 2. A prime example is Albeion online which has a ton of players, its also like an action rpg in appearance but it has a ton of depth. Guild wars 2 needs more than an episode every two months, the occasional raid and strike mission... We need more stuff such as E-specs and Expansion level content which as of yet they don't seem to be delivering. Balance shouldn't take an almost Decade to accomplish, not unless they didn't care up until now to try. I have little faith in this company or the team~ They've lied too much and broken too many promises. Remember WvW Alliances? Yea so do I. Won't happen and IF it does I almost cynically believe they will ask for a entry fee of a moderate 30$ to get in.. And It will break the mode just like templates did, just like any feature they decide to make that goes untested.

I want this game to succeed, I just don't believe in the people we are stuck with can manage it. IF not for being so invested in tyria and the lore of the world, as well the fact Ill finally get to see jormag I'd of dipped out a long time ago. Because this doesn't feel like a game thats doing well, it feels like a game thats strapped for players and resources because of poor business decisions.

So true

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

of course it will
pats head

free
you

Just out of curiosity, when was Diablo 4 released?

@Ashen.2907 said:

of course it will
pats head

free
you

Just out of curiosity, when was Diablo 4 released?

Wont be released till like five years from now, Thats why I said if guild wars 2 hasn't changed by then~

@"Jayden Reese.9542" said:Too bad mmo's didn't "borrow" all the great things from each and put them all into one game. Games still release with no lfg or a dozen other basic ideas and then get added as qol later on

LFG destroyed the wow community. They actually even recently commented on this becuase it's one of the success's of classic wow, that people actually have to work together and be SOCIABLE again and be nice to each other. Not just que up in LFG, start screaming after the first pull and call everyone names and rage quit and just que up in the LFG again.

@wrathmagik.3518 said:

@"Jayden Reese.9542" said:Too bad mmo's didn't "borrow" all the great things from each and put them all into one game. Games still release with no lfg or a dozen other basic ideas and then get added as qol later on

LFG destroyed the wow community. They actually even recently commented on this becuase it's one of the success's of classic wow, that people actually have to work together and be SOCIABLE again and be nice to each other. Not just que up in LFG, start screaming after the first pull and call everyone names and rage quit and just que up in the LFG again.

WoW was never that sociable. Sure LFG enabled some jerks, but the social was full of them from the start.

@Hashberry.4510 said:

WoW was never that sociable. Sure LFG enabled some jerks, but the social was full of them from the start.

it was back before the lfg since you could only team with people on your server so if you were an ahole you got left out of end game groups.

@ProtoGunner.4953 said:Well, the breakbar isn't new, there are many japanese RPGs who had similar mechanics like FF13 in which you had to break enemies for massive damage (not a giant enemy crab).

Monster Hunter has had a similar mechanic since the beginning I think.Breaking off monster parts to make them weaker and interupt their ability to use special abilities etc.. im pretty sure the concept has existed for a long time in many different ways and forms.

@Linken.6345 said:

it was back before the lfg since you could only team with people on your server so if you were an kitten you got left out of end game groups.

This. If you had a bad reputation no one would take you into raids or dungeons. Your reputation preceded you.

Personally, I'm more curious as to how the dismount ability will work in Diablo 4, and if they got the inspiration from GW2 (not sure about other games having the dismount ability).

In turn, I hope Anet will get inspired by the early visual representation of said mechanic in Diablo 4, because it looks to be profession-specific. And I wouldn't mind a profession-specific dismount ability for an upcoming mount in GW2 :)