CAN WE HAVE A FIX TO TELEPORT BEHIND WALLS?

SeikeNz.3526

@SeikeNz.3526 said:thiefs and guardians keep abusing this, guardians come from nowhere and insta kill you with their symbols, thiefs keep teleporting so they don't get hit ever, it's like a exploit become official and ok this just turn the game more toxic

I think those skills work like that since game release, so it's not an exploit

To avoid this

1. Keep an eye on your mini map
  2. Usa non port spots

@Khalisto.5780 said:

@SeikeNz.3526 said:thiefs and guardians keep abusing this, guardians come from nowhere and insta kill you with their symbols, thiefs keep teleporting so they don't get hit ever, it's like a exploit become official and ok this just turn the game more toxic

To avoid this
  2. Usa non port spots

i know that's not a exploit but looks like,use non port spots? do you mean leave the node and let they pick it for free? also they can teleport behind everywall, the funny thing is that on pve you can't teleport anywhere because of no valid path but on pvp they allow it!!

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

To avoid this
  2. Usa non port spots

i know that's not a exploit but looks like,use non port spots? do you mean leave the node and let they pick it for free? also they can teleport behind everywall

If you leave the node they have to walk in to contest it, if they are contesting the node they are not behind a wall, so you can fight without dealing with the ports

By reading your complaint it seems like you getting farmed from behind the wall and still losing the node

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

To avoid this
  2. Usa non port spotsalso they can teleport behind everywall, the funny thing is that on pve you can't teleport anywhere because of no valid path but on pvp they allow it!!

hhmm, I think ports work the same in pve and pvp, you can't port to a place where you have to use jump to reach, but I'm not sure about that

@Khalisto.5780 said:

To avoid this
  2. Usa non port spots

i know that's not a exploit but looks like,use non port spots? do you mean leave the node and let they pick it for free? also they can teleport behind everywall

If you leave the node they have to walk in to contest it, if they are contesting the node they are not behind a wall, so you can fight without dealing with the ports

By reading your complaint it seems like you getting farmed from behind the wall and still losing the node

lol what a argument " leave the node and let they pick it so they don't teleport to you", probably one of the abusers

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

To avoid this
  2. Usa non port spots

lol what a argument " leave the node and let they pick it so they don't teleport to you", probably one of the abusers

it takes 5 secs to fully decap a node, so you have all this time to engage em before you lose the point and still not deal with the ports

I'm ele main btw, so I have max 2 ports, and one has like 30 secs cooldown and cannot be used from behind the walls

This strategy works for me very well, sorry if it doesn't for you

To avoid this
  2. Usa non port spots

it takes 5 secs to fully decap a node, so you have all this time to engage em before you lose the point and still not deal with the ports

I'm ele main btw, so I have max 2 ports, and one has like 30 secs cooldown and cannot be used from behind the walls

This strategy works for me very well, sorry if it doesn't for you

well guardians most of the time are dealable when they don't outrun you because rune of speed, but thiefs that abuse this aren't because you miss 90% of your skills because they keep teleporting until you die

@Khalisto.5780 said:

@"SeikeNz.3526" said:

on pvp they can port anywhere, on pve you can't

no they can't, for example if you jump in one of those box in capricorn mid, they can't port over you

In the map section you can check videos of every map where he shows spots ppl can't port in

funny joke all the non portable spots that he shows are at the "limits" of the map where no one go, but at forest of nifhel map, at the 3:49 video i got teleported behind that rock a lot of times so how you explain that? also at the bridge at 2:09, at the node at 7:44 they can teleport around that pillars and you can't do nothing, also one of the most game breakings, at battle of khylo at 5:46 the mid node, they can spam teleport behind the walls around it

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

To avoid this
  2. Usa non port spots

i know that's not a exploit but looks like,use non port spots? do you mean leave the node and let they pick it for free? also they can teleport behind everywall, the funny thing is that on pve you can't teleport anywhere because of no valid path but on pvp they allow it!!

It works the same in pve as it does in pvp. If you can target it, you can teleport to it, so long as it isn't an isolated spot that would require a jump to access. IE: You can Steal or JI up to people on a Khylo boardwalk because there are ramps that allow a walk pathing to it, but you cannot Steal or JI up to the top of a mausoleum in Legacy because it would require a jump to get there.

I use JI in Swampland Fractal for running orbs all the time. Target mosquitos behind walls and save yourself a lot of time.

These skills are supposed to work that way. They aren't broken or over powered in Conquest or even WvW because the maps are so open, and do not provide the kind of terrain that would allow things like Steal/JI to be broken. Now if we were talking some kind of pvp inside of something like The Mad King's Labyrinth, then yeah, Steal and JI would be ridiculous jump mechanisms that provided too much power to bypass the labyrinthine walls that would normally seriously limit the mobility of other classes. It would actually be impossible to catch a good Thief player between the use of Steal and Shadow Step Return, while inside of something like The Mad King's Labyrinth, or the basement of Caudecus' Maner. You'd need to have access to similar skills such as: Phase Traversal, Judge's Intervention, Steal or Swipe, to even have a fighting chance to keep up with them. Fortunately this is not the case.

But yeah, the functions of the abovementioned skills are set the way they are for a reason. Those classes need those functions to do what they do.

Situational awareness, and the ability to kite and exploit terrain are the main things that separate good players from decent (or merely mechanically competent) players. You're whining on the forums about an intended mechanic which has been part of the game since day 1, when you should be focusing on how to play better.

And don't worry about the damn node. If you have to allow a decap to draw the player out, then so be it. Node is not life. Get the kill then take the node back.

@"SeikeNz.3526" said:lol what a argument " leave the node and let they pick it so they don't teleport to you", probably one of the abusers

You still have a lot to learn about this game mode if that's what you think. Losing a node is in most cases preferable to dieing.When you hear people in-game shouting about fighting on point, they usually have no idea wtf they are talking about and are just repeating this nonsense they heard somewhere like a lemming.

@Yannir.4132 said:

@"SeikeNz.3526" said:lol what a argument " leave the node and let they pick it so they don't teleport to you", probably one of the abusers

You still have a lot to learn about this game mode if that's what you think. Losing a node is in most cases preferable to dieing.When you hear people in-game shouting about fighting on point, they usually have no idea kitten they are talking about and are just repeating this nonsense they heard somewhere like a lemming.

i want a official answer from anet if teleporting behind walls to not get hit while others classes can't is intended what i doubt, until that i will just ignore your ~pro play answer~ look like we found another abuser here

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

@SeikeNz.3526 said:lol what a argument " leave the node and let they pick it so they don't teleport to you", probably one of the abusers

You still have a lot to learn about this game mode if that's what you think. Losing a node is in most cases preferable to dieing.When you hear people in-game shouting about fighting on point, they usually have no idea kitten they are talking about and are just repeating this nonsense they heard somewhere like a lemming.

i want a official answer from anet if teleporting behind walls to not get hit while others classes can't is intended what i doubt, until that i will just ignore your ~pro play answer~ look like we found another abuser here

hhmn, I'm pretty sure almost every class has at least one spec with a targeted shadowstep skill

weaver has air sword 2reaper has one shadowstep in gs or shroudmesmer sword 3not sure if ranger smoke scale 2 lands from behind walls, i think it needs line of sightengi and warrior have no shadow steprev has sword 5 and one shiro skill

so, counting ranger only 3 classes can't do it, it's intended you gotta learn how to deal with, like everybody else have

@Khalisto.5780 said:

@SeikeNz.3526 said:lol what a argument " leave the node and let they pick it so they don't teleport to you", probably one of the abusers

hhmn, I'm pretty sure almost every class has at least one spec with a targeted shadowstep skill

weaver has air sword 2reaper has one shadowstep in gs or shroudmesmer sword 3not sure if ranger smoke scale 2 lands from behind walls, i think it needs line of sightengi and warrior have no shadow steprev has sword 5 and one shiro skill

so, counting ranger only 3 classes can't do it, it's intended you gotta learn how to deal with, like everybody else have

teleporting behind walls is not ok for a competitive game, teleporting in valid path is ok and we have to deal with it, mesmers, weavers can't teleport behind a wall, reaper is ok since its rewind not a shadowstep

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

teleporting behind walls is not ok for a competitive game, teleporting in valid path is ok and we have to deal with it, mesmers, weavers can't teleport behind a wall, reaper is ok since its rewind not a shadowstep

ok, good luck

and weaver can port from behind the wall, and im not talking about spectral walk

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Polaric_Leaphttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Swaphttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Axes_of_Symmetryhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Illusionary_Ambush

Yes, weavers and mesmers, zero teleports ^^

I don't know why you would want a "official response from anet about whether teleporting behind walls is intended"....... when its' been in the game for more than 7 years now, and has played a prominent role in high-profile tournaments watched by thousands and managed by anet themselves. Its not a bug that nobody noticed until today. It is quite clearly intended.