Noob quickbrand questions

Firebeard.1746

Snow Crow's builds are focused on Raids, idk exact numbers but i believe the gear there is tailored for 100% quickness uptime (under perfect conditions) without any boon extension, if pugging you'll likely have Alacgade + Quickbrand + Chrono though so technically you should be able to sustain fine even on 0% BD, though we all know how pugs are... And yes, it's 5man quickness only.

Personally i rather have a bit extra BD and lose a few hundred DPS but be able to sustain better boons cause you never know if your alacgade/chrono will actually use their skills.

Also the builds do have some concentration. Amulet/2x rings Diviner on power QB should give 23%~, and Firebrand runes for condi QB give 40% quickness duration.

For Power Quickbrand, you can go as low as 15% boon duration and still maintain permanent quickness in your subgroup if you have alacrity.For Condition Quickbrand, you don't need any concentration gear because Firebrand runes provide 30% quickness duration as well as 10% boon duration.

Keep in mind that in raids you almost always have a Chrono in the other subgroup that's going to be pressing their Signet of Inspiration to extend quickness in your subgroup as well, so in most cases you can actually get away with running 0% boon duration in raids.

• 3 weeks later...

Any experienced support firebrands here? i have a question: im kinda looking into getting the role. But i dont really know how to gear my spec. SC provides multiple builds but im not sure what to take. Usually when a FB joins group for fracs or raids, he/she also provides healing. So im stuck on how to properly do it. Currently im considering quickness (boon), healing, and either power or condi damage. Gear wise that would be either Harrier or Seraph/Plaguedocter. Some advice?

@GWMO.4785 said:Any experienced support firebrands here? i have a question: im kinda looking into getting the role. But i dont really know how to gear my spec. SC provides multiple builds but im not sure what to take. Usually when a FB joins group for fracs or raids, he/she also provides healing. So im stuck on how to properly do it. Currently im considering quickness (boon), healing, and either power or condi damage. Gear wise that would be either Harrier or Seraph/Plaguedocter. Some advice?

Depends on whre yo uwanna play. If you just pug fractals, go for full minstrel. You will carry pretty much any pleb group as unkillable healer with nice variety of options for spells and boons.

If you want do Raids and you go with full minstrel you will steal aggro from your tank, so you will have to tank any boss that hass toughness aggro. In that case as for a Healer build I would recommend going Harrier/Magi mix with about 70%-60% boon duration for nice healing and sustain xombination.

As for DPS. SC are min-maxing everything and their builds work really great with really good player groups, but you won't get this kind of group in LFG. People will die, fail mechanics, won't stack properly, so you should always aim for a minimum of 20% boon duration but I would not go over 40%-50%.

As for Condi/Power DPS: Condi is good at some bosses and power at other ones. So it doesn't matter that much the best thing is to have both, but you can play any of these builds on any boss..

At the end it depends on what you want to do. I would recommend going full minstrel. It's better for fractals and you can use it in raids, just need to learn how to tank bosses that have toughness aggro.

@GWMO.4785 said:Any experienced support firebrands here? i have a question: im kinda looking into getting the role. But i dont really know how to gear my spec. SC provides multiple builds but im not sure what to take. Usually when a FB joins group for fracs or raids, he/she also provides healing. So im stuck on how to properly do it. Currently im considering quickness (boon), healing, and either power or condi damage. Gear wise that would be either Harrier or Seraph/Plaguedocter. Some advice?

Condition quickbrand takes full vipers- you do not need any boon duration- and being as you will only really be using condition quickbrand in raids, you can either run firebrand runes (required if you are running double firebrands), or condition dps runes (can only be ran if you have a boon chrono running signet of inspiration.)Keep in mind that 2x FB + alacgade > 2x chrono on all except a few bosses and few groups, and with seize the moment a chrono may not even be running SoI (though you are unlikely to encounter this in pugs), so i'd recommend either having only firebrand runes to account for all compositions, or getting firebrand runes first and dps runes second.

Power quickbrand takes berserker/diviner mix - for raids, this is....questionable, as condi quickbrand out dps' it significantly unless you have a high dps group on samarog/KC/slothasor/some other bosses i'm forgetting, aka bosses where the breakbars clear conditions and bosses that have actual phases- if you are in a slow dps group on any of these bosses you will be better off with condi qb despite their weakness for power builds, due to the way the burn condition ramps up fast. And you probably will be in a low dps group if you are pugging due to the dps required to make power qb more effective than the quick ramp time of condi qb.For fractals you this is the required dps variant though.

Healbrand takes full harriers (+minstrel if tanking for some raid encounters). Don't mix healing and dps stats- you will end up ineffective at both. Now, FB is weird because it is much better at dps than an alacrigade, and comparing heal alacgade to healbrand is a very complicated conversation, but on the face of things to make this easier lets just say healbrand is better at healing too.

In raids: whether you take a healbrand or alacrigade is gonna be dependent on the boss but more so the GROUP, if you need dps more than you need healing you want a dps quickbrand and heal alacgade. If you need healing and defensive boons more than you need dps, like if training or running with a semi-exp group, then the quickbrand should be healing and the alacgade dps. If you need lots of healing then you could take both as healers, or change to double chrono and run a mega carry healer like tempest or scourge. If you don't need much healing, then all can be dps.

In fractals: i don't fully understand why healbrand is mostly preferred, but i think it's something to do with much more defensive boons and carry potential than heal renegade. It can also be argued that a heal renegade brings very little additional things that it couldn't do as a dps renegade: CC is the same, dps ren still brings all the utility and heal of kalla stance (the soul cleave is less powerful, but still very able to carry providing it is a good group), and both have assassin's presence. Meanwhile there's a world of difference in the utility a healbrand has compared to a dps quickbrand and much more defesnive boons and defesnive utility aka carry potential, i think someone other than me likely has more knowledge on fractal applications though.

Heal renegade is something that feels pretty redundant due to its inherent limitations. While its healing throughput can be massive, it is probably the most inflexible healer (by far) when it comes to positioning and similar issues. To me, it feels that a group going with a heal renegade can probably go without a healer as well, just relying on soulcleave's summit from the dps alacrigade. Heal FB, on the other hand, gains quite a bit of stuff by going healer and is much more flexible than the renegade. That's why many people prefer healbrand.

I was thinking about Harrier or Plaguedocter/Seraph. Since in my experience, the FB's i came across with in (pug) raids, also provide healing next to quickness. And then im personally leaning more towards the plaguedocter or seraph since firebrand generally amplifies the condi aspect of guardian. But idk if that will be any good. What do you people run? Or if you would pick one build/gearset which one would it be?

Actually, scrap that. not sure why i did stick so much with doing personal damage next to boon and heal. Ill just go magi's

@GWMO.4785 said:I was thinking about Harrier or Plaguedocter/Seraph. Since in my experience, the FB's i came across with in (pug) raids, also provide healing next to quickness. And then im personally leaning more towards the plaguedocter or seraph since firebrand generally amplifies the condi aspect of guardian. But idk if that will be any good. What do you people run? Or if you would pick one build/gearset which one would it be?

For both plague/seraph the two most important stats are minor stats- concentration and healing power. For harriers this is also true- but crucuially, harriers is a 3 stat set- a minor 3 stat gives more than a minor 4 stat. As a healer, the only two stats you need to worry abour are concentration and healing power- you can do literally three digit dps and as long as you're healing/providing boons/cc other utility etc no one will care. It is not your job to provide any dps as a healbrand. I can see a case where they could be used, but frankly, if people who speedrun raids found harrier more effective im willing to believe taking seraph/plague is enough of a hit to healing power/conc that extra damage isn't worth it.

Harriers is better simply because it is the best at providing your two most important stats.

• 3 weeks later...

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:You need ~15 percent bd to be safe with quickness uptimes. But if you have chrono in second subsquad it is 0 because he will help you.

I'd love if that was completely true but if you pug you'll rarely run into a decent group, i still get chronos running alac well even though i'm on alacgade and ask like 50 times, people just go 'ok' and don't change anything or simply ignore.

15% BD being fine on a golem doesn't mean it'll be fine on a pug run where people don't stack properly and you don't get 100% alacrity.

@BRNBRITO.9624 said:

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:You need ~15 percent bd to be safe with quickness uptimes. But if you have chrono in second subsquad it is 0 because he will help you.

I'd love if that was completely true but if you pug you'll rarely run into a decent group, i still get chronos running alac well even though i'm on alacgade and ask like 50 times, people just go 'ok' and don't change anything or simply ignore.

15% BD being fine on a golem doesn't mean it'll be fine on a pug run where people don't stack properly and you don't get 100% alacrity.

0 is fine on golem. 15 gives buffer for fails.

Mimic is more important for chronos subsquad uptimes and not firebrands.