Scooby Doo called, they want their bad guy outfit back...

about outfits. we can remove the headpiece, but not the shoulders. why is this?there are a bunch of outfits that would look absolutely awesome, if we could just remove the shoulders. sometimes even the gloves, but those to bother me as much.this latest one especially. the shoulders on this this are, hmm, whats the word. hideous? ridiculous? silly? ugly? i could go on. BUT, the outfit itself is awesome.can you imagine the sales you lose because of this?
so, answer us this question. why cant we remove shoulders like we can with armor sets. plz

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@slpr.2647 said:about outfits. we can remove the headpiece, but not the shoulders. why is this?there are a bunch of outfits that would look absolutely awesome, if we could just remove the shoulders. sometimes even the gloves, but those to bother me as much.this latest one especially. the shoulders on this this are, hmm, whats the word. hideous? ridiculous? silly? ugly? i could go on. BUT, the outfit itself is awesome.can you imagine the sales you lose because of this?

so, answer us this question. why cant we remove shoulders like we can with armor sets. plzOutfits are basically a one-piece suit, plus the head piece. This is why you can toggle the head piece visible/invisible (on/off).

I thought about buying it for my female Norn necromancer but she has an striking facial tattoo, the Demon Masque. This is important to her look and removing the outfit headpiece removes all armor headpieces too, leaving her barefaced. I also didn’t like how bulky the shoes are so it was a no purchase for me.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/b/ba/Demon_Masque_Norn.jpg

@kharmin.7683 said:

Outfits are basically a one-piece suit, plus the head piece. This is why you can toggle the head piece visible/invisible (on/off).

yes, i know this, but why? i want to why specifically we cant have a toggle for shoulders. simply because they dont want us to be able to toggle shoulders and gloves? it simply doesnt make sense. if they can give us a headpiece toggle, they can give us a shoulder/glove toggle. nobody is asking to have the ability to use armor in its place, simply toggle them off. like we can headpieces

@slpr.2647 said:

@"kharmin.7683" said:

Outfits are basically a one-piece suit, plus the head piece. This is why you can toggle the head piece visible/invisible (on/off).

yes, i know this, but why? i want to
why
specifically we cant have a toggle for shoulders. simply because they dont want us to be able to toggle shoulders and gloves? it simply doesnt make sense. if they can give us a headpiece toggle, they can give us a shoulder/glove toggle. nobody is asking to have the ability to use armor in its place, simply toggle them off. like we can headpieces

Because it is more expensive and time consuming for them to create armor skins rather than outfits, and what you're asking for is almost halfway of turning outfits into armor skins:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/969914/#Comment_969914

"Armor sets are by far the most expensive reward we can make. A full set includes heavy, medium, light, times five races, times two sexes, so it's like developing 30 sets. It takes nine months to develop. (That's for a normal armor set -- legendary is much longer.) It's not something we can do for Living World episodes. Individual pieces are good rewards for Living World episodes; full sets are more something for expansion packs." - Mike O'Brien

@Melech.4308 said:

@"kharmin.7683" said:

yes, i know this, but why? i want to
why
specifically we cant have a toggle for shoulders. simply because they dont want us to be able to toggle shoulders and gloves? it simply doesnt make sense. if they can give us a headpiece toggle, they can give us a shoulder/glove toggle. nobody is asking to have the ability to use armor in its place, simply toggle them off. like we can headpieces

Because it is more expensive and time consuming for them to create armor skins rather than outfits

"Armor sets are by far the most expensive reward we can make. A full set includes heavy, medium, light, times five races, times two sexes, so it's like developing 30 sets. It takes nine months to develop. (That's for a normal armor set -- legendary is much longer.) It's not something we can do for Living World episodes. Individual pieces are good rewards for Living World episodes; full sets are more something for expansion packs." - Mike O'Brien

not asking for them to be turned into armor sets! giving a toggle option cant be that hard, they did it for headpieces! we dont want outfits turned into armor sets. giving a toggle for shoulders and gloves doesnt have anything to with weight classes, nothing at all

Looks like Gwar raided Van Halen's closet. (θ ヮθ) (Don't look up the aforementioned if you're at work!)

And... sigh, new outfit that brings our total to 29 outfits where asura and charr get the male version of outfits only. There are another 6 outfits where charr have male only. There are only 15 outfits altogether where charr and asura female both get the female outfits! 35 total outfits the charr female gets excluded from!

Please quit treating the charr and asura players as an afterthought Anet, some of us want the same options you offer the OTHER 3 races... and some of us aren't playing human characters at all and we're getting literally less content for the same money on these outfits when you refuse to alter the female versions, just copy-paste the male version because the bodies are the same and it's less effort. If you're gonna bring snacks bring enough for the rest of the class, please.

@"Amy of Darkness.5248" said:Looks like Gwar raided Van Halen's closet. (θ ヮθ) (Don't look up the aforementioned if you're at work!)

And... sigh, new outfit that brings our total to 29 outfits where asura and charr get the male version of outfits only. There are another 6 outfits where charr have male only. There are only 15 outfits altogether where charr and asura female both get the female outfits! 35 total outfits the charr female gets excluded from!

Please quit treating the charr and asura players as an afterthought Anet, some of us want the same options you offer the OTHER 3 races... and some of us aren't playing human characters at all and we're getting literally less content for the same money on these outfits when you refuse to alter the female versions, just copy-paste the male version because the bodies are the same and it's less effort. If you're gonna bring snacks bring enough for the rest of the class, please.

I imagine this is what it would look like on a female Asura:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/53/30/f4/5330f46b8e4f25c39c0d5791f3b24cb1.jpg

This outfit looks like a Muppet Troll doll going to a rave.

...It made me laugh. A LOT. It's hard to really hate something that makes you laugh. It might fall into the "so bad, it's good" category. I'm actually tempted to buy it, now that my utter disbelief has past. I don't know what the designers were smoking, but it's got good vibes man.

To critique it:

• It's disappointing that the ladies get an elaborately cut-out body suit, with extra-special attention given to the behind, while the guys get a ripped sack cloth held up with rope (and noticeably less attention given to the same area).
  • Having the shiny metal of the chest piece use the same dye channel as the inked body tattoo was a huge mistake imo. Because if you want the metal to look like metal, gold or silver, you end up with yellow or grey tats. If you dye for the tats, you end up with weird looking metal. I'd have linked the skin tats to the earring detail/eyes color channel.