Mesmer and Thief portals need adjusting for wvw and spvp

Swagger.1459

@RedShark.9548 said:

@Auburner.6945 said:I guess portals should not be functional if walls/gates are closed.

Quite annoying having to deal with a perma-stealthed Deadeye hiding in a keep or a tower that can port a Mesmer in to port a zerg.

I won't mind portals, just mind their functionality when the structure is closed as in getting others inside without sieging.

The problem is clearly not the portal, but the amount of stealth.Portals add a strategy to sneak objectives that are being carelessly defended. (if the defenders dont bother looking for remaining attackers with a portal, shame on them)The problem is, that even if you look for them, you can hardly find or kill them because they just vanish and run away to whereever.

Yes stealth is a problem. Bu in my opinion it is the portal:

thief the thief portal to be precise. You don't even have to hide inside the structure to recap it!

Place down port, go out of structure, after ~1 minute go back in through portal, place portal new, go out again.The biggest problem of thief portal is 60 second cd as well as 60 seconds duration.

If this was 60 seconds cd and 20 seconds duration, you would at least have a chance to spot the thief, as he would have to stay inside the structure for 40 seconds to place a new portal.

Or change the portal, so if it gets revealed, it gets destroyed.

@youle.5824 said:

@Engal.6359 said:kitten who actually thinks portal is op? Literally no one runs it because it sucks.

Top 10 in current season Flandre still use portal .. in ranked not even AT mind you where you see better plays with portal.

@youle.5824 said:And on thief the portal is used as well sometime by giving up signet of agility mostly on dd or de if not much cleansing is needed. Ex faeleth use it ...

So if a skill is -sometimes- getting used, it means it's op? Solid. :D

No but means its viable if used in highest tier of pvp... dont go putting words in people's mouth.. never said anything about portal being op. Forums...

Just a reminder that you were answering to this post:

@Engal.6359 said:kitten who actually thinks portal is op? Literally no one runs it because it sucks.

In the thread demanding nerfs to the portal skills. If you're not saying it's op, then there's no reason to argue that "it can be used!". Of course it can, but that's not the point here. Context matters.

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

Top 10 in current season Flandre still use portal .. in ranked not even AT mind you where you see better plays with portal.

@youle.5824 said:And on thief the portal is used as well sometime by giving up signet of agility mostly on dd or de if not much cleansing is needed. Ex faeleth use it ...

So if a skill is -sometimes- getting used, it means it's op? Solid. :D

No but means its viable if used in highest tier of pvp... dont go putting words in people's mouth.. never said anything about portal being op. Forums...

Just a reminder that you were answering to this post:

In the thread demanding nerfs to the portal skills.
If you're not saying it's op, then there's no reason to argue that "it can be used!". Of course it can, but that's not the point here. Context matters.

Ty for quoting, actually if you read second sentence you notice he says no one runs portal..thats the part I was answering, tought that was obvious.. so I wasnt posting an answer to thread or op statement, and yeah context matters you just didnt get which one was related to my answer.