Cast time reduction on revive skills?

Dadnir.5038

Is it really "OK" to do that?

Not so long ago, I've seen on this subforum several complaints about revive time being to short (mainly due to the combination of a relatively short cast time skill and quickness) and now, we got an annoucement about some revive skills having their cast time and CD reduced... Is this really the right thing to do at this point of the balance?

With big changes on the distant horizon, this could play a factor into what we might expect down the road. For example, if they decide to target support much more heavily than offense when toning everything down, then they might be trying to force support roles into rez mechanics as the major role defining component of support. That would be an interesting choice because it creates important moments of focus that are easily recognized by multiple tiers of players (cc the rezzer, cleave the body, stomp the downed) as opposed to a constant stream of support.

It could also force specific weapons, traits, and skills to be slotted. That would allow more fine tuning on behalf the developers by constraining the build.

It could also lower the skill floor for support and overemphasize its contribution in low skill games without mirrored emphasis to ease of damage application. Maybe, unless other support was hit just that hard. In that case, support would be undervalued and you would see something more like support bruisers, similar perhaps to scrapper. Cleave damage and strong cc would still be highly valued, perhaps more so. That could suggest an emphasis on stronger, more well defined roles ... Something I think the majority of the playerbase probably desires as opposed to masters of all trade.

Dunno, just thinking aloud here.

@zoopop.5630 said:It's going to Still suck so it wont matter 1 bit, Assuming you are talking about the signet for necro?

Ya it'll suck they have 1 maybe source of stab depending on the specialization. Not worth running it at all.

Well, if we talk about the elementalist's glyph, of course it will still suck. In case of the necromancer the passive of the signet might make taking the skill worthwhile and borderline OP in sPvP. If we couple that with a FB, we might be on for a new train of complaints. That's mainly why I'm wondering whether they are doing a wise things by making a move on the revive skills.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@zoopop.5630 said:It's going to Still suck so it wont matter 1 bit, Assuming you are talking about the signet for necro?

Ya it'll suck they have 1 maybe source of stab depending on the specialization. Not worth running it at all.

Well, if we talk about the elementalist's glyph, of course it will still suck. In case of the necromancer the passive of the signet might make taking the skill worthwhile and borderline OP in sPvP. If we couple that with a FB, we might be on for a new train of complaints. That's mainly why I'm wondering whether they are doing a wise things by making a move on the revive skills.

Signet of Undeath: Reduced recharge to 75 seconds in all game modes. Reduced cast time from 3 seconds to 1.5 seconds. Reduced number of allies revived from 3 to 1. Added additional health cost of 50% of base health to this skill. Increased passive lifeforce gain by 100%.

It seems Decent to be honest but honestly taking this On core necro or any other spec would mean losing out on a lot of dps over all. I personally don't see this being used in conquest at all? Probably a thing for 2vs2 ?

At the moment Core necro is better then scourge without a doubt but it lacks Dps as it is so i can't imagine it losing out on a utility for an ability to get shroud or res an allie.

@"Dadnir.5038" said:Is it really "OK" to do that?

Not so long ago, I've seen on this subforum several complaints about revive time being to short (mainly due to the combination of a relatively short cast time skill and quickness) and now, we got an annoucement about some revive skills having their cast time and CD reduced... Is this really the right thing to do at this point of the balance?

Old Cast time 3secondsCurrent meta time to kill someone from full hp with a raw nasty burst 0.8 to 1.5 seconds

That said i dont see why they shouldnt reduce some of these cast times. Alot of the skills are not usable because they take too long and the targets die or you get interrupted long before you where anywhere near finish casting the skill.

interms of necro signet i wouldnt worry aobut that active too much i dont see people using it very often its still a fairly long 1.5s cast and it has the hp cost ontop of it.

Considering i have alot of exp with how the passive works in its current unbuffed state (I use it as one of my spvp builds commonly) i dont think the passive even with the trait will make it OP in anyway. IT will be a tiny stronger if you invest in it but not by all that much the current version is 4% the new will be 6% thats maybe roughly a 260-350 (the increased 2%) points of life force difference depending on your vitality investment and if you are running soul reaping or not.

Whats likely going to happen is that people will start using signet of undeath for its passive while most people currently do not.To be clear there is a massive difference when you use it for its passive at all even right now vs when you dont use it at all. This will make people who are not use to seeing it used deem it as possibly op when realistically its not even with whats going to be the 2% increase on grandmaster trait investment.

Its not commonly used and understood thus if it starts to get used its now "OP"It does improve sustain a good bit through life force but thats already happens with its current 4% every 3 seconds vs when you dont use it at all.