About bots...

Neural.1824

@Asuhrion.9738 said:when, WHEN will be taken care of the botters in lowland burns, blazeridge steppes. standing there for days while either their pets or the perma released skill are doing the kills.killing branded for t3 and 4 mats.

is it considered as botting since they let the pet do the job? I mean there's no bot involved ? theere is?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The use of auto-casting abilities to farm while not at your computer or not actively playing the game.The use of a macro to automate character skills while not at your computer or not actively playing the game.

go there and look at that ing, perma placing turrets and then try to kill one of the creeps. impossible.so its an abuse of some sort of macro to perma cast a skill.

Well, for privacy reasons, ANet does not disclose actions taken against specific players. We don't know if by reporting these "bots" whether or not a GM checked and found them at their keyboard. I do know that I have reported players in Wayfarer Hills that appeared to be botting for kills and later they weren't there. Now, it may be that they were pinged by a GM and decided to move on, or they were disconnected or otherwise removed. {shrug} We'll never know in this case or any other specific cases. Clearly, complaining about it on the forums gets us nowhere.

I do this all the time, with no auto-casting going on, I just park somewhere and place a trap down after each spawn of whatever I am killing. Could be on a necro or a ranger. Normally, if I am doing this I am watching a movie or something on my other monitor and only checking the game screen occasionally. Not illegal, but it may look illegal.

Letting your character performing any actions (autocasting), participating in events and killing mobs while you're not at your computer is not allowed. If you see "idle farmers", all you can do is report them for botting. They're not getting banned or kicked immidiately. GM has to check if they're actually afking or not (by texting to them and waiting for response).

@kratan.4619 said:I do this all the time, with no auto-casting going on, I just park somewhere and place a trap down after each spawn of whatever I am killing. Could be on a necro or a ranger. Normally, if I am doing this I am watching a movie or something on my other monitor and only checking the game screen occasionally. Not illegal, but it may look illegal.

Yeah, not against the rules but annoying to regular players depending on where you're doing this. For me, for the most part, I really don't care unless the mobs you're slaying are keeping me from completing an objective like a heart quest. To me, that type of action is selfish. Not speaking specifically to you kratan; just in general.

Thanks for not auto-casting, though. ;)

@"Antycypator.9874" said:Letting your character performing any actions (autocasting), participating in events and killing mobs while you're not at your computer is not allowed. If you see "idle farmers", all you can do is report them for botting. They're not getting banned or kicked immidiately. GM has to check if they're actually afking or not (by texting to them and waiting for response).

not at your computer or not actively playing the game

@Nath Forge Tempete.1645 said:

@Asuhrion.9738 said:when, WHEN will be taken care of the botters in lowland burns, blazeridge steppes. standing there for days while either their pets or the perma released skill are doing the kills.killing branded for t3 and 4 mats.

is it considered as botting since they let the pet do the job? I mean there's no bot involved ? theere is?

More often referred to as AFK'rs and Anet has made statements on what they do to give them a ban.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:Not at your computer is what it says. We already know that one doesn't need to be "actively" playing.

nope. i am quoting from the link u posted, my friend.

Where in that quote does it say one has to be actively playing?

in your own 1st post in this thread you linked the rules. maybe its helpful to read them. you will be enlightened.

@Asuhrion.9738 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:Not at your computer is what it says. We already know that one doesn't need to be "actively" playing.

nope. i am quoting from the link u posted, my friend.

Where in that quote does it say one has to be actively playing?

in your own 1st post in this thread you linked the rules. maybe its helpful to read them. you will be enlightened.

All depends on what they mean with not activly playing.

I would say manualy placing down turrets every 5 mins is no activly playing but clearly anet dont feel the same.

i dont rly get it what that nitpicking is about ? fact is that it is abusing either the rules or the community.while i watch a stream on 2nd screen, hitting blind a key. okaaaay, i leave that to the special ones. but perma repeating skills using a mouse or whatever macro is taken is unquestionable illegal. or simply afking in a certain spot and let the pets do their job.this is NOT worth discussing about. otherwise i have to think that even you are morally corrupt.

AFK farming/botting is not allowed. Idle farming is not AFK farming/botting. If you think someone is AFK farming/botting you can report them. If they are just idle farming then they are doing nothing wrong.

The idea that they are somehow tagging and killing all the enemies before other people to the point that it hinders their ability to play the game is laughable at best. Idle farming doesn't significantly impact the gameplay of others in any meaningful way.

I used to lazy complete renown hearts on my engi by placing a bunch of turrets and waiting while I chatted with my guild. It wasn't uncommon for random nosey people to whisper me because of assumptions that I had to be afk farming or something.

@"Mewcifer.5198" said:

The idea that they are somehow tagging and killing all the enemies before other people to the point that it hinders their ability to play the game is laughable at best. Idle farming doesn't significantly impact the gameplay of others in any meaningful way.

The heart quest at Bloodfin Lake in Iron Marches can be difficult to complete because the "idle" farmers kill the ghosts too quickly. That's just one example that I've had difficulty with in this regard.