Edge of the mist

frostiecakes.2981

I can totally see the comments on this post being totally enjoyable to read but Anet please decide on something to do with edge of the mist (eotm) right now it's just a glorified gathering map (I literally run there once a day for the rich nodes another nodes) there's so much missed potential with this and honestly you killed the map added an arena and called it quits like that's such a waste of a map that is arguably better designed than the 1 dimensional Alpine bls and Eternal battlegrounds but hey im just ranting on what is a poorly used map like edge was a thriving map sure people used it to level but that made it fun running around on uplevels in a Zerg not having to worry about elitism and just the ability to have fun I understand that leveling new toons wasn't your main intention of the map but you really killed the map and now it's honestly a waste I'd love to see ANY kind of usefulness/life brought back to the map it's not even a good overflow map because very few servers actually queue every map my time in T2 was "damn everything is queued let's go red BL" idk just thought I'd throw that out there

Clear Leadership, Concise Knowledge, & Personal Accountability.

It's critical to offer constructive feedback & concrete solutions that seriously step by step explain How TO...instead of going in circles about coulda, woulda, shoulda.

After Alliance Road Map & Vision of coulda, woulda, shoulda...let's do something concrete.

(2 Year Anniversary Coming Up)

I'd encourage the WvW community here to offer your own suggestion on what to do with EOTM as the OP is asking for.

Here's my suggestion on what to do with EOTM:

CHAPTER 5

EOTM LOBBY - Mist Raiding, WvG Recruitment & Craft-Merchant Vendors

Before Reading Further - Please Read This Disclaimer

1. Below is a Chapter Copied & Pasted from a larger Road Map & Vision that transforms WvW into WvG
  2. The WvG Table of Contents link below provides a Step by Step Guide Guidebook on How TO Fix WvW
  3. It's critical that you read & understand all the concepts found in the Chapter links in the WvG Table of Contents
  4. I know it's a lot to ask...but please spend some time reading through these Chapters beginning with Chapter 1
  5. We have a wonderful opportunity to create something incredible within the gaming industry with this WvW game mode
  6. Intent is to give the ANet developers Clear & Concise instructions on How TO fix WvW before we lose this precious opportunity
  7. Don't you want WvW to offer more healthy competitive match-ups that are fun from a player's point of view while keeping ANet's Gem store consistently filled with returning players that could potentially be buying customers?

WvG - Table of Contentshttps://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/89449/wvg-world-vs-globes/p1

Any Grand place needs an area where people can meet & gather to socialize

1st - Waiting Room to Enter WvG2nd - Allow PvE Player to become familiar with PvP Combat3rd - Allow Guilds to Recruit

EDGE OF THE MISTS - Mist Raiding

1. ALL Players MUST enter WvG through EOTM before traveling anywhere else
  2. Edge of the Mists - Way Point Colors are - [ ORANGE / YELLOW / PINK ]
  3. Players that enter EOTM are automatically placed on the Color Team that has the lowest score for EOTM
  4. Players battle each other over EOTM Objectives
  5. Way Points have 5 Portals that Link to - [ RED Home / GREEN Globe / BLUE Globe / OBSIDIAN SANCTUM / LIONS ARCH ]
  6. Personal Reward for EOTM - loot drops, badges of honor, karma and coin
  7. Personal Reward for EOTM - world experience
  8. Personal Reward for EOTM - unique Edge of the Mists (achievements)
  9. Personal Reward for EOTM - WvW daily achievements
  10. Personal Reward Exception - Edge of the Mists progress does not count towards Skirmish reward tracks
  11. Skirmish Reward Track - Based on a Player's Total WvG Earned Points while fighting on Home & Enemy Globes for the week
  12. Remove All Links between WvW & Edge of the Mists - i.e. - EOTM Supply Drop

EOTM - WvG Recruitment - Regions - [ EU / NA / ASIA ]

1. Common Areas at each Way Point welcomes players from ALL Servers based on their Region
  2. Map or Recruiting Channel allows players to broadacst messages to players from ALL Servers based on their Region
  3. Provide Services that attact PvE Players to visit WvG

EOTM - Craft-Merchant Vendors

1. Craft Vendors
  2. Bank
  3. Black Lion Trader
  4. Mechant - Laurel
  5. Mechant - Outfitter
  6. Repair - Arcane Agent
  7. Armor Master
  8. Weapon Master
  9. See - Starter area (Enemy Borderlands)

Yours truly,Diku

Credibility requires critical insight & time.

There are a number of options here and some that are further outside the box than others, in any situation would recommend opening the topic to the larger player base than just the forums to make sure it's not just a forum request and wouldn't impact overall playerbase's gameplay.

That said, some options (listed as perceived simplest to most complex):

• Replace one of the ABL with EoTM
  • Make it a fifth map that's always open, remove the aspect that its an overflow and its multiple servers linked together, add in all WvW features as other maps
  • Make it a fifth map that's always open, remove the aspect that its an overflow and its multiple servers linked together, add in all WvW rewards but don't have gliding/mounts
  • Make it a map that open's up for a limited time if some event occurs (example: a server capturing superior bloodlust would open map for a 4 hour period), again remove the overflow aspect and multiple server logic
  • Leave it as Green/Blue/Red, but link it to WvW scoring, add pips, mounts, gliding and only add to warscore for equal populated instances between all three sides. If a color is uncontested it doesn't add to warscore for that instance

@"frostiecakes.2981" said:I can totally see the comments on this post being totally enjoyable to read but Anet please decide on something to do with edge of the mist (eotm) right now it's just a glorified gathering map (I literally run there once a day for the rich nodes another nodes) there's so much missed potential with this and honestly you killed the map added an arena and called it quits like that's such a waste of a map that is arguably better designed than the 1 dimensional Alpine bls and Eternal battlegrounds but hey im just ranting on what is a poorly used map like edge was a thriving map sure people used it to level but that made it fun running around on uplevels in a Zerg not having to worry about elitism and just the ability to have fun I understand that leveling new toons wasn't your main intention of the map but you really killed the map and now it's honestly a waste I'd love to see ANY kind of usefulness/life brought back to the map it's not even a good overflow map because very few servers actually queue every map my time in T2 was "kitten everything is queued let's go red BL" idk just thought I'd throw that out there

Some periods and paragraphs would have been nice.

It was designed as an overflow map.

Functionally it shares little in common with WvW.

People can still play there, nothing is stopping them.

People don’t because they don’t like the rewards that are given now.

They removed only Leveling experience, which is also not in WvW.

They did not add Pips. That is literally the only difference with the rewards.

WvW reward track? CheckDaily’s count? CheckWorld Experience? CheckLoot bags for greens and blues for killing Lord? Check.

@TheGrimm.5624 said:

People don’t because they don’t like the rewards that are given now.

And for us idiots that think server pride matters, it doesn't aid for the weekly server score. But the same will apply to alliances, for it to be a map, it needs to part of WvW, not some side show.

Or better yet: remove it entirely from WvW and it’s rewards, make the map give Karma and regular XP. Remove reward tracks, remove WxP.

And it becomes the PvE map that many have cried for: PvP within a PvE map.

People can level their toons with the chance for conflict. Of course, people won’t fight unless someone decides to go there and troll but yeah..

Make it level 40 and below. Limit the WvW rank to (insert number here). Make this an "Introduction to wvw" for lower levels, and a place for people who prefer to run 'base class' builds. Keep the current rewards for "winning" the 2 hour skirmish (Supply delivery to winning color home BL, I would up it to accommodate +5 but not +10) Offer the ability to Stop/Remove Wxp (Stop being free but Removal could/should have a cost associated, be in gold or wvw currency of Anet's choosing). Limit Siege to Cats, Rams, ACs and Ballista. (offer the ability to 'spec' for these by using the limited points gained while playing)

There are plenty of 'details' that are missing, as this is merely an outline. I figure folks who get paid to work on this kind of thing, can handle that portion.

Put a big ole fat world boss in the central aetherblade area. Have the map build up to attacking this wb by defending and capturing the keeps and towers that will in some way improve the chance of winning and/or the rewards.

I like wvw a lot but I also like running silver wastes on occasion and a lot of that has to do with how similar they are.

@"frostiecakes.2981" said:I can totally see the comments on this post being totally enjoyable to read but Anet please decide on something to do with edge of the mist (eotm) right now it's just a glorified gathering map (I literally run there once a day for the rich nodes another nodes) there's so much missed potential with this and honestly you killed the map added an arena and called it quits like that's such a waste of a map that is arguably better designed than the 1 dimensional Alpine bls and Eternal battlegrounds but hey im just ranting on what is a poorly used map like edge was a thriving map sure people used it to level but that made it fun running around on uplevels in a Zerg not having to worry about elitism and just the ability to have fun I understand that leveling new toons wasn't your main intention of the map but you really killed the map and now it's honestly a waste I'd love to see ANY kind of usefulness/life brought back to the map it's not even a good overflow map because very few servers actually queue every map my time in T2 was "kitten everything is queued let's go red BL" idk just thought I'd throw that out there

eotm was killing wvw prior to pips. was supposedly an overflow map. but they should have observed the trend and capitalized on it more.

now its dead.