ANet, Can we please get an announcement of how you intend to respond to the feedback on "templates"?

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:Prices are dead set no matter what (reimbursement isn't in their vocabulary). I'm never going to purchase any upgrades unless they go 50% off minimum.

Yes, I don't see a base price cut on the horizon. However sales do happen for other in game items and build templates would likely be something they would run sales on. This is a game financed through the cash shop now and people have to realize this is the alternative to a subscription. We get living story updates and some basic feature implementations for free. However luxuries like expanded build storage will be monetized. People who support the game with gem purchases will get the goodies. The golden rule - he who has the gold makes the rules.

As far as the other things that are likely to happen based on my experiences (and I've been a GW2 player since launch) this is what my guess is:

Bugs like ejection of sigils etc will be fixed.Misfeatures like lack of automatic loading when switching games modes will be addressed.Adjustments to functionality like lack of linkage of builds to equipment specs? Who knows. I think that's what players need to focus their lobbying on. The current implementation would be MUCH more valuable if this was supported. Arguments to Anet that they would sell more build storage slots if the build contained equipment specs could be very persuasive.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Glass Hand.7306 said:

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:Prices are dead set no matter what (reimbursement isn't in their vocabulary). I'm never going to purchase any upgrades unless they go 50% off minimum.

Yes, I don't see a base price cut on the horizon. However sales do happen for other in game items and build templates would likely be something they would run sales on. This is a game financed through the cash shop now and people have to realize this is the alternative to a subscription. We get living story updates and some basic feature implementations for free. However luxuries like expanded build storage will be monetized. People who support the game with gem purchases will get the goodies. The golden rule - he who has the gold makes the rules.

As far as the other things that are likely to happen based on my experiences (and I've been a GW2 player since launch) this is what my guess is:

Bugs like ejection of sigils etc will be fixed.Misfeatures like lack of automatic loading when switching games modes will be addressed.Adjustments to functionality like lack of linkage of builds to equipment specs? Who knows. I think that's what players need to focus their lobbying on. The current implementation would be MUCH more valuable if this was supported. Arguments to Anet that they would sell more build storage slots if the build contained equipment specs could be very persuasive.

So when do us old timers get a refund on what we paid for the game? How about the expansions, each of which is pretty much the same price? The only thing worse than a sub model is a cash-shop-only model.

@Menadena.7482 said:

So when do us old timers get a refund on what we paid for the game? How about the expansions, each of which is pretty much the same price? The only thing worse than a sub model is a cash-shop-only model.

If you can't curb your own spending habits then who's fault is that.. no one is holding a gun to your head to purchase anything from the cash shop and expacs are always a cost plus whether its sub based or B2P/F2P. Even LS updates are free if you login at some point during the update window.So I am curious, what is it that you feel entitled to a refund for or are you just throwing toys out the pram for effect?

@Taygus.4571 said:

@Tyncale.1629 said:I love the templates. Never used Arcdps. I bet lots of the non-forum people are like me. Man, is the competitive-mode crowd loud on these forums.

I like them too..but I hope they make them more affordable.

They are over rpiced. And account shared trait templates, should be free.

Price isn't going to change. Watch for sales ... these do happen.

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:

@Dante.1508 said:Its crazy how fast customers seem to think these are coded.. I don't like the implementation of build templates either but making changes takes weeks or months, full overhauls might take longer.. Although with Anet track record i cannot see an overhaul.

@AlexxxDelta.1806 said:It's still too early to announce any major changes. No matter how many forum threads and reddit posts they have, the feedback that matters to them the most is the gem store. If the results from there are positive, don't expect anything major.

I doubt sales will be up to expectations in their current form but you never know, people will waste money on anything these days.

@susana.7814 said:yeah saying nothing and ignoring all criticism is anets specialty.

Cos that kind of rude response is going to encourage ANET to converse with us rather than cl ose off the thread entirely.Whilst I too don't expect a miracle solution to the template issues highlighted in the feedback that has been forthcoming from the players both prior to (which ANET openly requested) and after it's implementation...there are better ways to convey your thoughts and feelings imo.

i disagree, if people keep showing they are upset, they will have to answer us eventually. Requesting feedback means nothing if you don't actually listen to it.

Disagree all you like but ANET will likely either infract and delete rude posts, close the thread or both.They don't have to say or do anything, so no they don't have to eventually a need especially to rude posts..Personally I would just give them some time and space to collate everything, fix bugs and then maybe we might get something back by way of response.

There are plenty of examples of gamer outcry that has had results. It all depends on the "strength" of the complaints and how much noise they create in media outside the narrow confines of a game's community.

"Mountgate" created a kittenstorm in forums and reddit and bled out to mainstream gaming media. Anet was forced to respond and backtrack a bit, although not to the extent players wanted. Same with HoT as you mentioned. And there are even stronger cases outside GW, like the whole Battlefront debacle.

It's all a matter of circumstances being right to create a good social media "storm". In an age where studios can make bank by catering to minorities instead of the majority, social media "outrage" is the best weapon gamers have.

ANET were not forced to do anything, they took on board feedback, much like what's being requested now, just that some can't wait to pick up pitchforks and light the torches, others just cry rudeness cos they like to.Previously ANET offered a half way house solution in terms of mount licences, and that imo was a good move.. with HoT they appeased vets by offering an extra slot. Neither had to be done, they chose to.. they could of done neither and players would still be here playing and whining about anything and everything.. me included.

By the same logic, EA
chose
to remove p2w lootboxes in Battlefront. Do you think they wanted to? It was a reaction to player outrage.

Anet wouldn't have changed a thing about licenses or HoT without the player complaints. Sitting in silent protest and waiting for some change to magically happen for no reason, makes no sense.

The notion that no matter what's happening, players will always be here playing, is false. It's like saying a previously good restaurant can start serving horrid food, dish after dish, and keep surviving long term on fame alone. It won't.

Keeping vets happy becomes more important as a MMO ages. Because the influx of new players will always dwindle with age, as the hype of novelty dies. Retention equals survival after a certain point.

Templates were a highly desired QoL for the playerbase for sure, but to bring that to fruition it has taken resource and now it needs to see a return on the effort, whether we like it or not - and that is the true power players have, if we don't like it we simply don't open our wallets. No matter how much huff and puff we put out on forums and reddits, it is ANET that ultimately decides if there is some wiggle room with build templates and what they can offer. They are in no way forced to do it, but if the numbers aren't working out as well as they hoped then perhaps that might encourage them to do something..

"Vote with your wallet" is a myth and it simply doesn't work in today's gaming, when a whale's " vote" is worth so much more. What works, is creating enough negative buzz to hurt a company's public image. Something that's easier than ever in the age of social media.

I'm not saying the current template debacle is an issue that will achieve negative buzz of that magnitude. I'm just saying that, in general, players would be stupid not to use a tool so powerful.

You are better off hitting their twitters and facebooks en mass.. but you need lots of people one person just gets deleted.

1 person was able to make them alone 2 years faster then anet.

I understand that but it still takes time.

@Glass Hand.7306 said:Bugs like ejection of sigils etc will be fixed.Don't see any bug in that. This is cool feature for leg armor/wep.

Misfeatures like lack of automatic loading when switching games modes will be addressed.yes, this is bug if compared whit prev expr. Ans I think also it will be fixed.

Adjustments to functionality like lack of linkage of builds to equipment specs? Who knows.I know. Answers - no, no needed for exp players who have 20-40 builds. Anyway better and cheaper keep it separability. For most non exp player enough current..

This is clearly a beta feature released too early, just to monetize, even if you buy tons of slot the "template" feature it's so badly implemented that seems quite useless, I had problems in Pvp, WvW and pve mainly switching game mode, but as in the past I think we must face the reality, this is what they gave us, and we have to live with it, we have to just find workarounds for these bugs at the moment

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

If you can't curb your own spending habits then who's fault is that.. no one is holding a gun to your head to purchase anything from the cash shop and expacs are always a cost plus whether its sub based or B2P/F2P. Even LS updates are free if you login at some point during the update window.So I am curious, what is it that you feel entitled to a refund for or are you just throwing toys out the pram for effect?

I never mentioned the cash shop, although I have spent a pretty penny there. When I started this game was BTP, a model I loved and supported with multiple license codes for the core game (and not the cheepo version of it either). The expansions were the only way to get the vast majority of content (you can unlock episodes but not play them), which went against what they had been saying before then, but even then I kept up buying things like deluxe and ultimate editions.

@Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

@Krzysztof.5973 said:They're going to release few more
LOADOUT
slots and call it a day. So much feedback tho... (:

And what exaclty bothers you ?Last raid you did was 2 days agoDid it hamper your skills or killcount too much ? :)

I can no longer play as many builds I want since it would take too long to swap during FC run. Build templates were meant for people who do this often. So yes, it bothers me that the feature that took 7 years to release did not deliver. Am I surprised? No. Am I hopeful? Not anymore. Logging in once a week for fullclear doesn't even count as playing the game for me. Although according to this very forum anyone who remember their password is an active player so...

@Krzysztof.5973 said:

@Krzysztof.5973 said:They're going to release few more
LOADOUT
slots and call it a day. So much feedback tho... (:

And what exaclty bothers you ?Last raid you did was 2 days agoDid it hamper your skills or killcount too much ? :)

I can no longer play as many builds I want since it would take too long to swap during FC run. Build templates were meant for people who do this often. So yes, it bothers me that the feature that took 7 years to release did not deliver. Am I surprised? No. Am I hopeful? Not anymore. Logging in once a week for fullclear doesn't even count as playing the game for me. Although according to this every forum anyone who remember their password is an active player so...

So ONCE per week , you are doing the full clear without using the Teamplates .So they wasted resources for ppl that play raid then :PWhy the raiders cry then ?

Fractals is fractals . Just Pick 1 set of armor and go . 7 years tacticsStack the might , Blast in Smoke for Stealth

@Obtena.7952 said:

@Tyncale.1629 said:I love the templates. Never used Arcdps. I bet lots of the non-forum people are like me. Man, is the competitive-mode crowd loud on these forums.

Price isn't going to change. Watch for sales ... these do happen.They'd have to do like 90% price reductions though, and we both know that is not going to happen. So no, waiting for sales is not an option. Even those would be massively overpriced.Although you are almost certainly right in expecting them to do exactly nothing about the whole situation.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

Price isn't going to change. Watch for sales ... these do happen.They'd have to do like 90% price reductions though, and we both know that is not going to happen. So no, waiting for sales is not an option. Even those would be massively overpriced.Although you are almost certainly right in expecting them to do exactly nothing about the whole situation.

Absolutely I was right the whole time along. This isn't about some notion of fairness or collective opinion gathering. The price was ALWAYS going to be in the range of other storage solutions you can purchase on the GS because it's what it has to be for a sustainable business offering and to demonstrate value over all the GS items ... it's a business decision ... players have no input to that. The player 'feedback' on pricing is always going to be biased to free, so it's pointless for Anet to consider it. Anyone that thought otherwise was just not being realistic ... at their own detriment.

The biggest feedback that Anet is going to act on is function/UX. You can already see that with Legendary Gear interaction. The people giving feedback on price should have just not bothered. Pricing isn't a 'negotiable' feature.

@"Obtena.7952" said:The price was ALWAYS going to be in the range of other storage solutions you can purchase on the GS because it's what it has to be for a sustainable business offeringWe'll see how "sustainable" that's going to be. remember, that sustainability depends not only on adjusting prices to the cost of production, but also on adjusting them to the level that is acceptable to buyers. If you put your prices too high, you may easily end up with less money, because many people will just decide to not buy at all. For me, the current prices are definitely in that range.

I''d say, though, that the templates were indeed very succesful - that release brought a lot of my friends that up until that point were staying in GW2 to FF XIV. Even those players that still like the game started hedging their bets and preparing a fallback position already. I'm just not sure if this is the success Anet wanted.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:The price was ALWAYS going to be in the range of other storage solutions you can purchase on the GS because it's what it has to be for a sustainable business offeringWe'll see how "sustainable" that's going to be. remember, that sustainability depends not only on adjusting prices to the cost of production, but also on adjusting them to the level that is acceptable to buyers.

I know all about it and I'm certain that Anet has a pretty good grasp on that fundamental idea as well. Let's put it this way ... the price it's at now is more sustainable that most of the unreasonable suggestions other people have put forward for the price. Here is why I'm confident ... because it's not out of line with the other storage options on the GS and Anet has the data to tell them what pricing range should be. Pricing is NOT an emotional decision and the fact you recognize that pricing factors balance means you already knew what I was talking about all along ... agenda to sell much?

Leaving feedback for EAnet is pointless. At last we agree on something.

No, I don't agree with that at all. Anet is listening to people's concerns about Legendary Armor and templates for instance. I'm simply saying there are SOME things that customer should expect that their feedback is less ... useful. Price is definitely on the top of that list.