GW2 Promotion with Quiznos (Yes they still exist)

So another promo just for the US? I have a feeling that the majority of players is actually from outside the US, though I understand that reaching the US demographic in one go is a little easier then having to cater to 15 european countries , Russia and assorted other countries in the remaining continents.

How about teaming up with McDonalds? :D That would cover everyone.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Tyncale.1629 said:So another promo just for the US? I have a feeling that the majority of players is actually from outside the US, though I understand that reaching the US demographic in one go is a little easier then having to cater to 15 european countries , Russia and assorted other countries in the remaining continents.

How about teaming up with McDonalds? :D That would cover everyone.

What makes you think mcdonalds want to team up with gw2?

Ikea would work aswell but same problem there what do they gain from it

Bought a sub (Canada) from 1 of the 4 locations still open in this city. Person working there told me no promotions are going on, other than a free sub for downloading the Quiznos app. App has no reward there either, after redeeming points of purchase.

I want my $8 back for venturing out in -10c weather and a snowstorm to sate my curiosity lol.

@rwolf.9571 said:Bought a sub (Canada) from 1 of the 4 locations still open in this city. Person working there told me no promotions are going on, other than a free sub for downloading the Quiznos app. App has no reward there either, after redeeming points of purchase.

I want my $8 back for venturing out in -10c weather and a snowstorm to sate my curiosity lol.

Keep your receipt and send it to Quizno's corporate? You might get the promotion items, and a free sub coupon!

DC folks might be able to go to Bethesda or Elkridge. But the above comments about google-listed ones being shuttered and the open ones not having the code cards suggests wisdom lies in calling the specific location first to verify they are open and have the promotion going. I intend to try Elkridge on Saturday if no other errands take precedence, but I certainly will call first before making that trek.

@"JustTrogdor.7892" said:Apparently some locations are not even honoring the promotion so maybe you are not missing anything. From this thread:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1089163/

@Ayrilana.1396 said:I went there and bought a sub but didn’t get the promotional card with the code. I guess I could have asked but assumed it would have been included automatically. To be honest, the sub wasn’t worth what they were charging so I probably won’t go back.

@KeeperOfTheArt.1926 said:DC residents are out of luck, the C street location, the only one in the district, doesn’t have them. I might try the Bethesda location if it’s convenient. If I do I’ll let you guys know if they have them

@KThallus.7402 said:The Quizno's in my neighborhood in San Jose (Silicon Valley), CA did not have them guess I will try another location tomorrow, but I did get the sandwiches. Arenanet do you have a list of participating locations?

Can also confirm the one in Killeen TX does not participate. They are ‘privately’ owned.

I live in SoCal, LA/OC area. Called both locations in Orange County, they aren't honoring the promotion. Called a couple of the ones in LA and they aren't either. Most of them had no idea. One suggested going to the website. One guy said they had "flyers" but when I specifically said "Guild Wars" he said "Oh no, I don't know about that, corporate handles that stuff."

So I called corporate and the call was so choppy that I just hung up because I couldn't understand the menu instructions. Tried three times.

And as far as I'm aware, all Quiznos are franchises, so it's ultimately on the franchise owner to participate in the promotion if I understand correctly. Seems there's some pretty crappy communication screwing this whole thing up. Which I guess isn't surprising when you consider how poorly Quiznos is doing these days.

ANet, please get us a list of participating locations.

EDIT: I kept calling around and finally found a single location that has it. I wonder if I can get more than one code so I can share with my friends who don't have a Quiznos near them, not sure I want to make the drive just for one code.

For god’s sake anet choose a damn partner that’s actually reasonable! The kung fu tea place and now this, people can’t participate if there’s only a handful left of the place on the face of the earth! Why not do something simple like “redeem a gem card in November for this mini” or choose a brand that’s still around all over, some fast food place or GameStop or target or whatever. It’s a waste of your time and money setting it up with some company that’s so bad people are surprised it’s still alive! (And a waste of our time and money trying to jump through hoops to do this, too)

@"gebrechen.5643" said:I never heard of Quinoz or whatever they are called and I got that bad Kung Fu Tea feeling again. Still waiting for that EU promotion thing they promised.Maybe a cooperation with https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kochl%C3%B6ffel or something like that. :s

Well if its going to be a eu wide promotion going with a german,polish and turkish chain is a no go.

@Linken.6345 said:

@"gebrechen.5643" said:I never heard of Quinoz or whatever they are called and I got that bad Kung Fu Tea feeling again. Still waiting for that EU promotion thing they promised.Maybe a cooperation with
or something like that. :s

Well if its going to be a eu wide promotion going with a german,polish and turkish chain is a no go.

You are right, but that's how it works. Kung Fu Tea was a promotion popular to one region, Quiznos seems to be not even really popular in NA. So the next logical step is to make an EU promotion available to a some countries.

I visited my local Quizno's here in Cedar Rapids, IA. (It's ok. The other one in town struggled and closed years ago.) Their checkout screen was showing the GW2 offer, and I already have their app installed on my phone, so I figured the game code would either show up on the receipt or via the app after scanning the QR on the phone. However, the receipt didn't have any info. Meanwhile, the app still has the initial news page about the GW2 promo, but there do not appear to be any updates in the app related to a game code from the purchase. I know the QR got scanned since the sub-o-meter got updated correctly from my purchase.

At this point, I have no idea how to get the game code.

@Kalendraf.9521 said:I visited my local Quizno's here in Cedar Rapids, IA. (It's ok. The other one in town struggled and closed years ago.) Their checkout screen was showing the GW2 offer, and I already have their app installed on my phone, so I figured the game code would either show up on the receipt or via the app after scanning the QR on the phone. However, the receipt didn't have any info. Meanwhile, the app still has the initial news page about the GW2 promo, but there do not appear to be any updates in the app related to a game code from the purchase. I know the QR got scanned since the sub-o-meter got updated correctly from my purchase.

At this point, I have no idea how to get the game code.

Apparently the codes are on a card that I guess participating stores are suppose to hand out with purchases. There was someone on GW 2reddit giving out codes recently and it looks like a printed card.

I can confirm that the codes are given on a two-sided business-card size piece of paper. The store I went to had no idea either: I asked repeatedly and got pointed to the daily special. I was about to give up when the ad showed up on the POS system at which point the worker managed to find the shrink-wrapped stack of cards in the back.

Local employees really do not seem to know what's going on.

@Preppy.7046 said:I can confirm that the codes are given on a two-sided business-card size piece of paper. The store I went to had no idea either: I asked repeatedly and got pointed to the daily special. I was about to give up when the ad showed up on the POS system at which point the worker managed to find the shrink-wrapped stack of cards in the back.

Local employees really do not seem to know what's going on.

That's a lot more common than you might think. I've worked in several different shops, owned by entirely different companies, and one thing they all had in common was that every so often a box of display and promotional materials would show up with absolutely no explanation. Some of it was self-explanatory, because it was the same stuff every week/month. Some of it was new and we just had to wait for either an email from head office or an area rep to show up and tell us what they wanted done with it.

Wow. Been playing GW2 since pre-release, and the original GW before that, so I saw they'd converted the currencies to £ and thought ''Great! at last a promotion that isn't limited to NA. 'But What the kitten IS Quiznos?' I thought, never having heard of the company, let alone ever seen one of their stores. I've just been to the Quiznos UK website to find my nearest store. Of course, they're all in London or the surrounding area; is 2-3 hours' drive from me, give or take.

Basically, for the first time in years Anet are offering me an opportunity to drive a hundred or so miles to visit a store I've never heard of, that by all accounts has struggled since 2014, to purchase some overpriced junk in return for what amounts to little more than a starter pack for a new player. Sounds great, I'm grabbing my car keys as I type.

Imagine my surprise.

I have to go pee now; or die laughing, whichever comes first :lol:

EDIT - Don't get me wrong, I still love GW2, and the free stuff they offer us just for buying and playing is always gratefully received. I will continue to support the game, and still feel we have the best community of all the MMOs in the Universe. That said, I find these 'promotions' so funny, and the fact so many players are still so surprised at their unfairness, I just couldn't resist commenting :smiley:

@NannyOgg.9378 said:Wow. Been playing GW2 since pre-release, and the original GW before that, so I saw they'd converted the currencies to £ and thought ''Great! at last a promotion that isn't limited to NA. 'But What the kitten IS Quiznos?' I thought, never having heard of the company, let alone ever seen one of their stores. I've just been to the Quiznos UK website to find my nearest store. Of course, they're all in London or the surrounding area; is 2-3 hours' drive from me, give or take.

Basically, for the first time in years Anet are offering me an opportunity to drive a hundred or so miles to visit a store I've never heard of, that by all accounts has struggled since 2014, to purchase some overpriced junk in return for what amounts to little more than a starter pack for a new player. Sounds great, I'm grabbing my car keys as I type.

Imagine my surprise.

I have to go pee now; or die laughing, whichever comes first :lol:

Don't bother driving there. Even though Quiznos do have stores outside the USA, and for some reason the value of the discount is given in various currencies, the promotion is limited to the USA.

Ikea would work aswell but same problem there what do they gain from it

I can actually get to an IKEA (Come to think of it, I need a new, strangely named bit of shelving anyway), and their meatballs are SO GOOD!

Don't bother driving there. Even though Quiznos do have stores outside the USA, and for some reason the value of the discount is given in various currencies, the promotion is limited to the USA.

Bwahahahahahahaha it just keeps getting better and better! Stop it, you're killing me here :lol:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:It's confusing; MassivelyOP says it's just for the U.S. and Canada, but the Legal Documentation shows currencies from outside NA.

We don't have Quiznos where I live (apparently, we used to have one, but it closed a while ago), so here's another promotion that I can't participate in if I wanted to. How about choosing an internationally available fast food company next time for a change, like Subway or McD's?

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:It's confusing; MassivelyOP says it's just for the U.S. and Canada, but the Legal Documentation shows currencies from outside NA.

We don't have Quiznos where I live (apparently, we used to have one, but it closed a while ago), so here's another promotion that I can't participate in if I wanted to. How about choosing an internationally available fast food company next time for a change, like Subway or McD's?

And if going for a drink company like kungfu tea, I think starbucks got a nice coverage even in the eu right?