About bots...

Neural.1824

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@kharmin.7683 said:

@"Black Frog.9274" said:if it's a permitted action, maybe you should consider setting up your own character, putting it really close to theirs, and making it not worth their while. Maybe make 2 or 3?Sorry, but that would be considered griefing. I wouldn't recommend it.

No it wouldn't. What element of "my character is also standing here with pets" qualifies as griefing?

@"kharmin.7683" said:While I disagree with what these players are doing, if they are not breaking any of these rules then there is nothing we can do about it. When I see them, I report them and let Anet decide if they are breaking the rules or not. Yes, it makes it difficult to complete tasks, but ultimately it is Anet's decision.

It's a very clear breach of a number of those policy guidelines. And the players that think some of the actions outlined in this thread are okay had best read them again.

I don't get the confusion, Anet has been very clear what's right and what's not.If there is any action required they send someone to walk by and whisper. If that person answers, everything is fine.I farm myself like that for years. They usually whisper and when i respond they are usually super nice wishing me a good day.

And IMO this is the right approach from A-Net. They can easily remove botters from the game is they remove the trade post and introduceway more interesting game play. I simply do it because i have nothing better to do in game. I have all my Legendary weapons, over 15.000 gemsand i hate raiding. There is absolutely nothing else to do for me.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@"Mewcifer.5198" said:

The idea that they are somehow tagging and killing all the enemies before other people to the point that it hinders their ability to play the game is laughable at best. Idle farming doesn't significantly impact the gameplay of others in any meaningful way.

The heart quest at Bloodfin Lake in Iron Marches can be difficult to complete because the "idle" farmers kill the ghosts too quickly. That's just one example that I've had difficulty with in this regard.

yeah, I had a bit of difficulty with one as well. very annoying.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@"Mewcifer.5198" said:

The idea that they are somehow tagging and killing all the enemies before other people to the point that it hinders their ability to play the game is laughable at best. Idle farming doesn't significantly impact the gameplay of others in any meaningful way.

The heart quest at Bloodfin Lake in Iron Marches can be difficult to complete because the "idle" farmers kill the ghosts too quickly. That's just one example that I've had difficulty with in this regard.

That's utter nonsense. Throwing rocks into the water is way more effective for that heart and there are enough spawns for ghosts. Only if you want to rush hearts very fast those spots have an advantage. So nothing that really stops beginners in a significant way.

This whole topic is so ridiculous since the outcome is so small that it doesn't affect the economy.The rules are clear. Just move on and play the game instead of acting like the police and be depressed about such a non-issue.

@Vinceman.4572 said:

@"Mewcifer.5198" said:

That's utter nonsense. Throwing rocks into the water is way more effective for that heart and there are enough spawns for ghosts. Only if you want to rush hearts very fast those spots have an advantage. So nothing that really stops beginners in a significant way.

This whole topic is so ridiculous since the outcome is so small that it doesn't affect the economy.The rules are clear. Just move on and play the game instead of acting like the police and be depressed about such a non-issue.

Yeah, I was going to respond that just killing ghosts is the least effective way to do that heart.

Well, whatever. I'm pretty certain that farming and botting weren't in Anet's idea of playing the game (although I understand that there are those who would argue that farming is "playing" the game). I don't condone it or appreciate it, but I understand that there is little I can do about it. When I see it, and suspect it as unattended farming, I report it and move on.

@"kharmin.7683" said:Well, whatever. I'm pretty certain that farming and botting weren't in Anet's idea of playing the game (although I understand that there are those who would argue that farming is "playing" the game). I don't condone it or appreciate it, but I understand that there is little I can do about it. When I see it, and suspect it as unattended farming, I report it and move on.

This is a MMO. Farming is part of it by default. They already have diminished returns so people aren't able to farm the same map for hours, thereby limiting options for farming in a single spot. But I dare you to find a MMO with longterm goals like legendaries where nobody farms, either for the materials or the gold to buy them. Farming was definitely part of ANet's idea of playing the game. It would be naive of them to think people wouldn't.

I don't see what the problem is with idle farming anyway. People still need to pay attention to the game every few minutes. Even Engineer turrets self-destruct after a while, so for these people to be even remotely efficient at farming they need to mind the game. Ranger pets won't be able to get enough mobs for a lucrative return and Necromancer minions expire as well.

If they are bots, then by all means have them banned. I support that notion. But don't assume that everyone who is farming a single spot is a bot. That kind of thinking is just too simple.

Soooooooo......anyone that frequents the Pinata meta event knows exactly who runs 8-10 bot accounts....all rangers....never does anything to help the event and is happy to blatantly cheat every person there by lowering their chances for a quality drop and vastly increase his own by botting. I know for a fact he's been reported hundreds of time. If this is going to be condoned...just say so, so when I start posting YT and Reddit videos of what he's doing and how he's doing it there won't be any surprises. Either fix the event and make qualification dependent upon actual participation in the Meta-Pre events...ie the coin gathers or straight up ban this clown. Continuing to allow this individual to straight up cheat everyone out of a fair shot at the loot by feigning ignorance and pretending the EULA and Terms of Service are just so much fluff says alot about the usefulness of reporting people for botting.This is beyond outrageous at this point.

@Airdive.2613 said:

@Blanche Neige.7241 said:I don't see how he can «lower the chances for a quality drop» for other players.

I think the OP meant purposefully upscaling the event so it's harder for everyone to complete. Pinata does scale somewhat harshly.

But he also claims that he is vastly improving his own chances, I guess if .001% chance per character is much of an improvement.

@Airdive.2613 said:

@Blanche Neige.7241 said:I don't see how he can «lower the chances for a quality drop» for other players.

I think the OP meant purposefully upscaling the event so it's harder for everyone to complete. Pinata does scale somewhat harshly.

What?! Scaling on the Pinata is entirely inconsequential. No matter how many people there are, that thing always goes down in 10 to 15 seconds. It is laughable as a legendary champion, first because it does not attack at all and second because it's a sponge for dps. It is by far the easiest legendary champion in the entire game.

@"HARDOFREADING.7298" said:Soooooooo......anyone that frequents the Pinata meta event knows exactly who runs 8-10 bot accounts....all rangers....never does anything to help the event and is happy to blatantly cheat every person there by lowering their chances for a quality drop and vastly increase his own by botting. I know for a fact he's been reported hundreds of time. If this is going to be condoned...just say so, so when I start posting YT and Reddit videos of what he's doing and how he's doing it there won't be any surprises. Either fix the event and make qualification dependent upon actual participation in the Meta-Pre events...ie the coin gathers or straight up ban this clown. Continuing to allow this individual to straight up cheat everyone out of a fair shot at the loot by feigning ignorance and pretending the EULA and Terms of Service are just so much fluff says alot about the usefulness of reporting people for botting.This is beyond outrageous at this point.

There are plenty of people who do not participate in the coin pre-events. There are plenty of people who do not participate in world boss pre-events either. You can't force people to do events in the game, and this is basically what this would be doing. Sure, people can be annoyed by it. Personally I only participate when I see there is a low number of people collecting coins, and I also call out in map for people to join the pre-events, which they then always do. Why? Because I don't need the coins so am not going to participate in an event that gives me loot I don't need, especially not when there are more than enough people doing the pre-events already. But yes, you can instead be annoyed and complain about it. Not sure how that is constructive in any way, but people are free to spend their time the way they want to. And not participating in pre-events is not against any of the rules.

And as many others have mentioned before already, this person does not cheat anyone out of any loot. If the Pinata pre-events fail it is never because of one person. These big gathering events never are. Considering the low drop rate of the infusion you can get from this event, this person is also not "vastly increasing" his chances at a drop either. This is not WoW. Everyone has an equal chance to all the loot from the loot table, as long as you participate in the actual event that drops the loot, no matter how many people are there doing whatever. The only thing outrageous, in my opinion, is your response to this. Let go of the things you cannot change. First and foremost on the list of things you cannot change: people. They will do whatever they want . And frankly, they are not beholden to anyone, no matter how annoying they are. The day I have a duty to the other players in the game is the day I quit the game. With all due respect to anyone and everyone, I (and I think most people with me) play games for their own pleasure, not because they "owe" others.