Almost all revival skills already received changes or are going to be changed... Except Elixir R.

bambi.6214

Yet another proof ANet don't give a crap about engineer, nobody there plays it or knows the profession at all. It's a miracle they remembered Grenadier.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/91782/upcoming-changes-to-fall-damage-and-revival

All professions got the ressurect skills revamped recently (Illusion of Life, Warbanner) or are about to get one, and Elixir R? Last time the toolbelt skill was touched was in 2016 (the skill itself in 2014...).

ArenaNet, please.

@Samug.6512 said:

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:
cries in Revenant
Well, at least be glad that 66% of your utility skills isn't useless garbage.

I was just playing. I definitely think toss Elixir R needs to be improved. I'm not much of an Engi player but I'd say it should absolutely be unblockable, and then maybe a second or two of resistance on impact? Resistance has an R in it, so y'know, it makes sense.

How about this:

[Elixir R]Elixir. Drink Elixir R to revive yourself when you reach downed state.

• Revive percent per pulse: 25%
  • Duration: 12 seconds
  • Cooldown: 40 seconds

[Toss Elixir R]Elixir. Toss Elixir R that prevents allies within it's radius from losing health.

• Number of targets: 5
  • Duration: 12 seconds
  • Radius: 240
  • Range: 1,200
  • Unblockable
  • Cooldown: 60 seconds

What have you done? You know it will only end like this:The changes will cause an uproar which leads to a massive smiters boon with massive collateral damage, which leads to the buffed abilities ending up worse than how they started. Remember how they buffed elixir S trait before removing it? On the other hand i'm pretty sure they would nerf elixir r on "principle" even if they didn't buff it once they have to tone down the feedback revives or whatever.

@"miriforst.1290" said:What have you done? You know it will only end like this:The changes will cause an uproar which leads to a massive smiters boon with massive collateral damage, which leads to the buffed abilities ending up worse than how they started. Remember how they buffed elixir S trait before removing it? On the other hand i'm pretty sure they would nerf elixir r on "principle" even if they didn't buff it once they have to tone down the feedback revives or whatever.

Whatever, they're gonna touch a skill not changed for 3 and 5 years. And its main function is actually unchanged since 2012, core engi is such an ancient profession it's enough to make me excited.

@"miriforst.1290" said:What have you done? You know it will only end like this:The changes will cause an uproar which leads to a massive smiters boon with massive collateral damage, which leads to the buffed abilities ending up worse than how they started. Remember how they buffed elixir S trait before removing it? On the other hand i'm pretty sure they would nerf elixir r on "principle" even if they didn't buff it once they have to tone down the feedback revives or whatever.

What's the worst that could happen to Elixir R? The skill doesn't see serious play at all. Nerfing it would keep it in the same position.

• 2 weeks later...