Squad markers macro idea (carousel)

Grucha.7581

Hi i have idea of making macro that use one button to put a next squad marker from an array.Little explanation in pseudocode:make array of [0:7]loop: after pressing The Button use marker number X from array and increment the number

My question would it be legal or not?

So essentially every time you press that button it would place the next maker in your array, incrementing the number that tracks which marker to place by 1? If that's so then it sounds like it would be ok. One click is allowed to perform one action, and so as long as it only place one marker per button press then I don't think you'd get in trouble for having the macro essentially just remap what the key does every time you press it. That's my interpretation at least. Maybe someone else has more insight into this

@Hitlit.7630 said:[...] One click is allowed to perform one action, and so as long as it only place one marker per button press then I don't think you'd get in trouble for having the macro essentially just remap what the key does every time you press it. [...]

They have said that it's not ok to have one button cycle through a rotation, which would be pretty much the same mechanic as this.Personally I don't really see any problem with this, but I'm leaning toward it probably not being actually allowed. I'm absolutely not sure however!

Gotcha, I'm wondering how specifically it's worded? Unless you're saying they've said it in this context. Otherwise I'd wonder if whether they mean it just can't cycle through a number of actions with one click. Of course, without them clarifying further I'd play it safe and assume then that it would not be allowed.

@"Hitlit.7630" said:Gotcha, I'm wondering how specifically it's worded? Unless you're saying they've said it in this context. Otherwise I'd wonder if whether they mean it just can't cycle through a number of actions with one click. Of course, without them clarifying further I'd play it safe and assume then that it would not be allowed.

While I don't remember exactly when or where it was said (I think it might have been one of the multiboxing threads, but not sure), I'm pretty sure the exact context was skills. However, as you see I'm not at all certain on the wording or timing. I'll have a look in the Library thread...

Edit: Forgot there's a Policy subforum now!https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/65554/policy-macros-and-macro-use

The specific idea you're describing is neither really in the You May nor the You May Not categories. Looking at the specific prohibition against skill chains, I'm starting to lean towards OK actually!