Template interactions initial thoughts and POST YO LINKS \(o.o)/ thread

Daniel Handler.4816

@"Funky.4861" said:It's not a bug and certainly doesn't need fixing. Why should using staff #5 mean that u can't use pistol #5 when you weapon swap? That's nonsensical. If you have staff/staff then using any weapon skill will have it's cd transferred when you swap to the same weapon- can you imagine the ridiculousness of skill slots sharing a cd with ele for example? If i have 2 templates which share weapons/utilites, i'd expect that using a skill in one template would affect the cd of the same skill in a different template if i swapped them.

Utility slots resetting is not intended because they don't do that normally under manual reselection.As for weapons. Whether it is a bug or not is uncertain, but it will definitely be fixed

Base guardians using four symbols, tomes and traps is not going to be tolerated by Anet. As the song says and @"Curunen.8729" is implying "that kitten's broken."

I disagree Daniel H; that's the basic functionality of the template system. The whole idea is that you can swap builds and gear near-instantaneously, and SnowCrows did exactly that in the video above. The question now is, will Anet admit they screwed-up and lose credibility or will they double-down and 'The show must go on'?

@Funky.4861 said:I disagree Daniel H; that's the basic functionality of the template system. The whole idea is that you can swap builds and gear near-instantaneously, and SnowCrows did exactly that in the video above. The question now is, will Anet admit they screwed-up and lose credibility or will they double-down and 'The show must go on'?

Well no. They've already admitted some mistakes. For instance

Fixed an issue in which the revenant's legend-swap cooldown was shorter than expected when out of combat.

But they are triaging. Next issue is probably the enforced order of legend skills can cause skill icons on your bar to map to the wrong skill.It unlikely a Revenant was even used during internal testing if there was testing at all. Nor was Mesmer's mimic ability. Etc.

The whole idea of templates is to swap before combat. It is not to give toolbelts or classes with more persistent skills, an advantage over other classes. I would expect a 5 second global cooldown or something similar to be added.

Expect nothing and you won't be disappointed... The thing is, every class can do this- there is nothing unfair about it at all. I doubt i'd have the skill to use this effect to the max, but i don't want others who can to be held back by a whingey forum thread. This is not an issue anywhere else in the game apart from wvw, but as i've said many times, everyone can do it- the playing field is level.

@Funky.4861 said:Expect nothing and you won't be disappointed... The thing is, every class can do this- there is nothing unfair about it at all. I doubt i'd have the skill to use this effect to the max, but i don't want others who can to be held back by a whingey forum thread. This is not an issue anywhere else in the game apart from wvw, but as i've said many times, everyone can do it- the playing field is level.

Everyone has traps and persistent aoe fields? Sure.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Daniel Handler.4816 said:Switching to builds that need to hide/portal in WvW is easier (will edit in link) Mimic is very bugged when using it and swapping to builds that don't have it and back. And Chrono is definitely not getting CS dry shatter back. Also. Gimme dem links.

we have 2 builds, and since I play both PvE and PvP its a net lose for me. templates succ, big gem sink not gonna pay for them, thank you very much!

You have three! Remember to buy the free one in gem shop! Net gains!

I ment the weapon set ones, only got 2.since i run both cmira power chrono/core. an supp chrono those are at least 4 different weapon sets. :/

One question, why is it worse to have now 2 gear templates than none like before? In the worst case you have one set for pvp and one for pve, which is just like it was before (ok, you have to manually press 2 buttons to swap from pve to pvp gear, but cmon, thats not hard)

In the best case you have 1 pve character with now 2 gear templates and 3 traits/skill temps and 1 pvp characer with 2 gear and 3 trait/skill templates

The gear templates are not 'better' than what we had before; they are just unlinked from the game mode they used to be bound to. So now we choose our gear independent of what mode we play- beforehand the game used the gear and build you used last in each mode. As i rarely wvw and avoid pvp, it's a net benefit for me.

However, if you uneqip gear, the 'template' does not remember what it contained before you emptied it. This isn't such a big deal with ascended-tier and below gear, as their stats can't change without going to the mystic forge/using a bloodstone capacitor etc, but with legendary gear it's a pain in the behind to have to reselect the stats/infusions/sigil/rune every time you use it for it's intended purpose- to change stats anytime out of combat.

@Funky.4861 said:The gear templates are not 'better' than what we had before; they are just unlinked from the game mode they used to be bound to. So now we choose our gear independent of what mode we play- beforehand the game used the gear and build you used last in each mode. As i rarely wvw and avoid pvp, it's a net benefit for me.

However, if you uneqip gear, the 'template' does not remember what it contained before you emptied it. This isn't such a big deal with ascended-tier and below gear, as their stats can't change without going to the mystic forge/using a bloodstone capacitor etc, but with legendary gear it's a pain in the behind to have to reselect the stats/infusions/sigil/rune every time you use it for it's intended purpose- to change stats anytime out of combat.

Gear refers to equipment. They were never bound to a game mode. We had two weapon sets and had to check at the start of PvP matches the second wasn't accidentally the wrong one.

Now you can confirm what you are wearing, including its stats, with one click.