Help - on how to move legendary gear between toons

Currently yes. And yes you do, and yes it is fairly clunky at present, and many have told Anet such.Resultantly, I am sure Anet are looking into ways to fix this particular problem in future. I've heard one 'simple' way might be to make equipment linked to a character's Equipment Template available account-wide, instead of unique per-character; how it functions currently.

@Linken.6345 said:Yea true people wouldent need legendaries anymore then since they can just have 1 of each ascended in their account wide storage.The great advantage of Legendary items is that you can switch in and out Runes/Sigils/Infusions and stats however and whenever you like. No other equipment has this functionality, and the template release in no way changed this.

@Reverielle.3972 said:Currently yes. And yes you do, and yes it is fairly clunky at present, and many have told Anet such.Resultantly, I am sure Anet are looking into ways to fix this particular problem in future. I've heard one 'simple' way might be to make equipment linked to a character's Equipment Template available account-wide, instead of unique per-character; how it functions currently.

Why do you feel entitled to essentially having legendary gears for every character of the same weight class with the touch of a button?

@Swagger.1459 said:

@Reverielle.3972 said:Currently yes. And yes you do, and yes it is fairly clunky at present, and many have told Anet such.Resultantly, I am sure Anet are looking into ways to fix this particular problem in future. I've heard one 'simple' way might be to make equipment linked to a character's Equipment Template available account-wide, instead of unique per-character; how it functions currently.

Why do you feel entitled to essentially having legendary gears for every character of the same weight class with the touch of a button?

Me? I don't at all. It was just an option I heard. Pitchforks point away thanks.

@Swagger.1459 said:

I believe this is a situation (with the issue the OP stated) in which those with legendary armor SHOULD feel entitled. You aren't just given legendary equipment. You work for it. It is meant to be more convenient. This one of the rare cases entitlement is suppose to be justified.

@Acheron.4731 said:I believe this is a situation (with the issue the OP stated) in which those with legendary armor SHOULD feel entitled. You aren't just given legendary equipment. You work for it. It is meant to be more convenient. This one of the rare cases entitlement is suppose to be justified.

The bonus for legendary equipment is being able to swap stats and runes/sigils on the fly. What you are describing has NEVER been the case for legendaries.

@Acheron.4731 said:

I believe this is a situation (with the issue the OP stated) in which those with legendary armor SHOULD feel entitled. You aren't just given legendary equipment. You work for it. It is meant to be more convenient. This one of the rare cases entitlement is suppose to be justified.

Then make multiple sets.

Do I get to complain if legendary armor gets changed to function over multiple characters given I have 5 full sets (and thus double of certain weight classes)? Am I even more niche than you?

Legendary armor works just as it did before, you have to unequip it and move it to a different character. The main disadvantage is that arc templates allowed to store legendary armor setups for multiple characters, but you still had to actively move the gear. The main benefit of being able to use runes and sigils as desired remains and is even of greater use now given they are stored in the equipment template storage.

@sevenDEADLY.5281 said:

@Acheron.4731 said:I believe this is a situation (with the issue the OP stated) in which those with legendary armor SHOULD feel entitled. You aren't just given legendary equipment. You work for it. It is meant to be more convenient. This one of the rare cases entitlement is suppose to be justified.

The bonus for legendary equipment is being able to swap stats and runes/sigils on the fly. What you are describing has NEVER been the case for legendaries.

There has been a lot of quality of life functionality added to the game with build/equipment templates in the last couple of weeks, which was never the case before hand. In lieu of those changes the problem that others are voicing is that, since the update, legendary equipment has actually become more of a pain to use in various situations. Now what is being questioned is that arguably this should never be the case for legendary equipment.

Difficult to obtain tiers of equipment (legendary/ascended) are all account bound, and they are that way for a very good reason; so they can be used across multiple characters and switched if need be/desired. With this in mind it's not so much of a stretch to see that equipment templates could be enhanced in their usability by allowing those tiers of equipment to be available account wide in the equipment template, by some mechanism or another. By doing so it's not adding any extra/new function to the equipment, it's only adding the quality of life addition by allowing players to swap the equipment between characters using the equipment template, opposed to how it was manually done before the update.

I can think of two solutions (as many others have already proposed in different threads).

1) Make a tier/panel of legendary equipment account-wide storage, much like the acct-wide build storage, which can hold two of each weapon and three of each armour. When your char's gear loadout looks for the lege gear you had used in the template, it looks there and finds it, and uses the same stats/infusions etc as the template had. You would get 1 storage slot for each weapon and armour for free, and be able to buy the rest with gems. This is to satisfy the twice-told legendeers and multiple armour sets per acct.

2) Enable gear loadouts to access your bank.

The big issue at the minute for me is that gear loadouts are wiped clean when you unequip the item; for ascended and below this isn't such a big deal as their stats, infusions etc are stuck to the item, but with lege's, you need to reselect stats, sigils/runes, infusions if you move to a different build. The false advertising/mislabelling of gear loadouts as templates is understandably confusing. It helps that you can label each gear and build tab with what stats/function it had (eg: condi rene, wvw herald) as a reminder of what stats/sigils etc it should have.

If some players desire, and get, easy legendary swapping with a button press, then I want a method to break down every piece of ascended gear I made into the base mats and currency, and a trinket exchange feature where I can recoup my game currencies like laurels, skirmish tickets and zone currencies.