I want a Nightmare Before Wintersday Labyrinth!

cdsmith.1072

Were you and your guildmate in a Labyrinth farm I was running a couple of nights ago when you came up with this idea? Because our squad chat blew up when someone mentioned it and everyone was on board. (I was commanding on my necro, Grimnir.) I'm paraphrasing here, but I think their initial idea was "Exactly like the regular Lab but everything has Santa hats on." Then people expanded on the concept in chat and ideas were born.

Anyway, +1 to this idea for sure. I love Labyrinth but I don't see that making a comeback for Wintersday... however I did particularly like the idea that someone mentioned of the Crown Pavilion being converted to a multi-holiday theme sort of like what flesh wound just suggested. The Pavilion could be sectioned off with enemies from each different holiday roaming around, plus a miniboss from each theme.

Could even be fun to have a PvP minigame where players have to pick either the Mad King's or Freezie's team and face off against one another with custom skills.

An amalgamation of all the holidays wouldn't really jive with the regular Wintersday event (and it's coming up far too quickly this year for this to be incorporated even if Anet did decide to pursue it) but it might work well for a special event taking place in the off season between other regularly scheduled holidays.

Hahaha this sounds like a great idea.

I didn't play too much haloween this year due to playing it a lot last year.. so aside from getting my achievements and dailies I mostly didn't bother with it.

A Christmas themed labyrinth though where I could farm wintersday gifts like ToT bags or wintersday items to trade for gifts... that would be a nice twist for Wintersday and something both rehashed yet new I could definitely get behind.Specially if the Lab gets a nice wintersday or anti wintersday makeover with new events and enemies.

This would also be the perfect content to bring back Grentch's from Gw1.. now that Grenth has left Tyria these wintersday troublemakers have fallen in with the Mad King and convinced him to ruin Wintersday :)We could have other Halloween enemies with new skills along with new/reused Halloween enemies such as Ghoulementals.Grand viscount event replaced with Gustav the Caramel Corn Elemental event and Lich boss replaced with Charles the Hellfire SkeletonThe theme there being enemies on fire to melt the wintersday snow.

Anet could even force players to use Wintersday weapons in this lab too.. I wouldn't complain personally if they did.Would make the content easier to balance I guess.

Canonically, Thorn has no power on the mortal plane outside of Halloween, and nothing about Wintersday crosses planes or involves The Mists. There's no avenue for Halloween to invade Wintersday. (directly...)

Besides: Mutated, animate toys, snow-themed violence, and a nightmarish jumping puzzle through a blizzard aren't spooky enough?