Suggest Improvement) combo UI change

Joonmo.7523

Hello Anet

I suggest two things about the combo UI change.

1. Suggest color change in combo UI

The current combo mark makes it hard to know which combo field I used on the combo finisher.

I want to change the color of the combo mark so that I can see what effect it has.

In addition, I suggest changing the shape of the marks, such as fire, water, and lightning, in addition to the heart mark.

qQeHdLe.jpg

2. Change the creation point of combo mark

I would like to change the point where the combo mark occurs to the head of the player using the combo finisher or to the point where the combo occurred.

The combo mark is now placed on top of the other player's head using the combo field or combo finisher.

But if another player is out of the screen, I don't know which combo I used.

As a result, I do not know what I did.

Primary colors are all well and good, but how would one color code Smoke, Shadow, Dark, and Chaos fields so they're visually distinct? are Ice and Water the same color? or Ice and Light?

While you're thinking about that, I propose they take it a step further: replace or augment the default combo heart icon with something representative of the combo finisher.I.e. burst shape = Blast; spiral shape = Whirl; long arrow = Leap, etc., etc.

@Trise.2865 said:Primary colors are all well and good, but how would one color code Smoke, Shadow, Dark, and Chaos fields so they're visually distinct? are Ice and Water the same color? or Ice and Light?

While you're thinking about that, I propose they take it a step further: replace or augment the default combo heart icon with something representative of the combo finisher.I.e. burst shape = Blast; spiral shape = Whirl; long arrow = Leap, etc., etc.

Although then you start to get into the problem of having too many symbols to remember. I don't know about anyone else but I have that problem with professions now elite specs have their own. We've gone from 8 profession symbols to 27 and I'm not sure I could tell you what 1/2 of them are with any certainty. Right now if I see a heart symbol pop up I at least know it's a combo and (from the text) what the effect is. If each field is a different colour and each finished is a different shape that's a lot more symbols to remember and interpret in the middle of a fight.

I think that level of detail might be more suited to the combat log.

@Danikat.8537 said:

@Trise.2865 said:Primary colors are all well and good, but how would one color code Smoke, Shadow, Dark, and Chaos fields so they're visually distinct? are Ice and Water the same color? or Ice and Light?

Although then you start to get into the problem of having too many symbols to remember. I don't know about anyone else but I have that problem with professions now elite specs have their own. We've gone from 8 profession symbols to 27 and I'm not sure I could tell you what 1/2 of them are with any certainty. Right now if I see a heart symbol pop up I at least know it's a combo and (from the text) what the effect is. If each field is a different colour and each finished is a different shape that's a lot more symbols to remember and interpret in the middle of a fight.

Of course it's a terrible idea, I'm trying to be constructive. Thanks for calling me out.

To me combos are a nice flavor, and need some revamp to become more meaningful, i barely notice they existed in first years in game. i just one day get curious about some skills descriptions and googled about it... the gw2 combat is too plain and a light-spam fest. need more focus on "ground effects" and less on "explosions" or whatsover cause all that shiny.

I think it's already fixed

combo field already has a color at the edge.

Poison = Green, Shadow = Grey, Dark = Black, Ice = Light Blue

etc

@Trise.2865 said:

Of course it's a terrible idea, I'm trying to be constructive. Thanks for calling me out.

I'm just adding my thoughts to the discussion - raising a potential issue so it can be considered and discussed. Not saying it's a terrible idea or "calling you out". If every idea got dropped the instant anyone thought it was less than perfect we'd never get anywhere, but equally if we just plowed ahead with every idea without considering what problems there could be we'd never get anywhere.