If you think this is funny to you is not for most of us

Kaburro.4712

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

@"Lyndina.7984" said:Wait...this is Gold Gameplay on US Servers? European players would stomp you instantly...

As I said I was not really playing, I was just curious to see how this guy is allowed to play like this.But yes, I am in Gold 1.

It's not your fault. Some kids think only plat and above should have a say. They forget that they're a minority after all.

Well, balance
should
be done according to the competitive gameplay, or in this case at least mid/high tier platinum. Balance
should
not
be done according to what the average jack thinks. This goes for
every
game with a competitive PvP kind of game mode.Because otherwise, balance would happen with posts like this in mind, where - obviously - the OP does not know how to play against DE as a DH. Balancing the game with these kind of posts/suggestions/ideas/complaints would literally ruin the game. Period.

balance should be according to math not player skills that abuse broken game mechanics

That's ridiculous. You can't balance after theoretical numeric values. You have only one option for proper balancing: Consider what the best people playing the game mode have to say. Consider how they play, what is too good or too bad for
those
players. Too many games ruin themselves with improper balancing, because they listen to what the majority has to say or balance according to some numbers only. It doesn't work that way.

are u sure? lets pick

and

chrono that is supposed to slow people3s slow with 3s cd on disablefb3s slow
plus burning
on disable

now, can crit, on dodge roll, unblocable
Damage: 398
(1.5)
Number of targets.png Number of Targets: 5UnblockableMight (5s)

you don't need to play the game to know that something is unbalanced

The end result of your logic is for all classes to have exactly the same skills and traits.

What an exciting game that would be :/

Its absolutely fine for some classes to do some things better than others. As long as they are also weaker in other areas.

You can't do a 1:1 comparison between individual skills or traits. You have to consider the performance of a class/build overall.

oh yes i can, lets say anet give a skill that hit 30k for warriors, but some very skilled players can dodge it sometimes but low skilled can never evade it, so the skill is balanced just because someone can evade it?

Just by looking at that one skill by itself, NO, you cannot assess if it is balanced.

You need to look at the build overall.

What if the trade-off for that 30k skill was -2000 vitality? Or if the warrior misses then they kill themselves? What if the CD is 5 minutes? What if all the other skills on that weapon are total garbage? What if other classes get +50k HP as basline? Suddenly a 30k skill becomes very necessary.

If there are no trade-offs, then sure, its overpowered. But in order to assess trade-offs, you have to look at the overall build.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Ragnar.4257 said:

@"Lyndina.7984" said:Wait...this is Gold Gameplay on US Servers? European players would stomp you instantly...

As I said I was not really playing, I was just curious to see how this guy is allowed to play like this.But yes, I am in Gold 1.

It's not your fault. Some kids think only plat and above should have a say. They forget that they're a minority after all.

Well, balance
should
be done according to the competitive gameplay, or in this case at least mid/high tier platinum. Balance
should
not
every
game with a competitive PvP kind of game mode.Because otherwise, balance would happen with posts like this in mind, where - obviously - the OP does not know how to play against DE as a DH. Balancing the game with these kind of posts/suggestions/ideas/complaints would literally ruin the game. Period.

balance should be according to math not player skills that abuse broken game mechanics

That's ridiculous. You can't balance after theoretical numeric values. You have only one option for proper balancing: Consider what the best people playing the game mode have to say. Consider how they play, what is too good or too bad for
those
players. Too many games ruin themselves with improper balancing, because they listen to what the majority has to say or balance according to some numbers only. It doesn't work that way.

are u sure? lets pick

and

plus burning
on disable

(1.5)

The end result of your logic is for all classes to have exactly the same skills and traits.

Its absolutely fine for some classes to do some things better than others. As long as they are also weaker in other areas.

You can't do a 1:1 comparison between individual skills or traits. You have to consider the performance of a class/build overall.

oh yes i can, lets say anet give a skill that hit 30k for warriors, but some very skilled players can dodge it sometimes but low skilled can never evade it, so the skill is balanced just because someone can evade it?

Just by looking at that one skill by itself, NO, you cannot assess if it is balanced.

What if the trade-off for that 30k skill was -2000 vitality? Or if the warrior misses then they kill themselves? What if the CD is 5 minutes? What if all the other skills on that weapon are total garbage?

If there are no trade-offs, then sure, its overpowered. But in order to assess trade-offs, you have to look at the overall build.

what is the trade off of fb vs chrono?

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

Well, balance
should
should
not
every

those

are u sure? lets pick

and

plus burning
on disable

(1.5)

What if the trade-off for that 30k skill was -2000 vitality? Or if the warrior misses then they kill themselves? What if the CD is 5 minutes? What if all the other skills on that weapon are total garbage?

Chrono, sure, is weaker than FB.

But it has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the traits you just linked.

Its because Chrono's shatter mechanics were torn apart.

Do you think adding 1 stack of burn to the Chrono trait will suddenly make it meta?

Chrono also has other traits that synergize with Slow, which FB does not.

Pre-nerf, the trade-off was that Chrono was generally tankier, more mobile, and had better single-target damage than FB, whereas FB had stronger support and AoE. That is how you assess a class as a whole.

I actually don't see what the problem is... Deadeye has a high burst, but you can dodge it. You get a very big tell, that orange circle around your feet. You tell people to ignore your gameplay and that you were just trying to track him, but imitating a Training Dummy is a great way to make something look OP.

The lower skill the game is the better a Deadeye will do, because they can just set up at a good vantage point and pewpew people down and people will be too slow to react. People need to learn when to dodge after the Deadeye circle appears beneath their feet, and need to learn to keep an eye out for it if they are against a Deadeye. It is 100% a skill issue.

I also see a lot of people get baited on side points because they run straight for the point (like in the first 30 seconds of the first video) and don't try and kite or use the terrain to their advantage, and end up getting hit by the full burst or just get ranged down.

What could they change to make Deadeye more fun to play against? Maybe give suggestions instead of just QQing.

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

Well, balance
should
should
not
every

those

are u sure? lets pick

and

plus burning
on disable

(1.5)

For example the fact that Chrono (or Mesmer in general) has access to A LOT more disable than a FB? If both traits were exactly the same, you would complain that Chrono is more powerful than FB because it can trigger the trait more often. Seriously, how dense are you? Try to think about what you type, 5 minutes minimum, before you decide to spill out this garbage on the internet for everyone to see. My 10 year old nephew thinks about things more deeply than you do, jesus.

@Whitworth.7259 said:

@mindcircus.1506 said:I think every balance complaint should have a video like this one attached.Your clips show your problem is a skill issue, not a problem with Anet's balance.I suspect most balance complaints are the same.

Makes you wonder how many balance decisions were based on complaints like this. The amount of dumbing down this game has undergone is depressing.

This is clearly a 'learn to play' issue.

You're falling for the meme if you think the devs balance based on forum QQ.

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

Well, balance
should
should
not
every

those

are u sure? lets pick

and

plus burning
on disable

(1.5)

Chrono has access to Alacrity, while FB doesn't.

This must mean that Chrono is OP right? right? We must remove Alacrity from Chrono! Nerf Chrono! Nerf Chrono!

Remember, we aren't allowed to take into consideration other skills or traits these classes have, or their overall performance in the current meta. It is totally acceptable to tunnel-vision on one aspect and make stupid decisions on the basis of that.

@Ragnar.4257 said:

Well, balance
should
should
not
every

those

are u sure? lets pick

and

plus burning
on disable

(1.5)

What if the trade-off for that 30k skill was -2000 vitality? Or if the warrior misses then they kill themselves? What if the CD is 5 minutes? What if all the other skills on that weapon are total garbage? What if other classes get +50k HP?

Well, balance
should
should
not
every

those

are u sure? lets pick

and

plus burning
on disable

(1.5)

This must mean that Chrono is OP right? right? We must remove Alacrity from Chrono! Nerf Chrono! Nerf Chrono!

Remember, we aren't allowed to take into consideration other skills or traits these classes have, or their overall performance in the current meta. It is totally acceptable to tunnel-vision on one aspect and make stupid decisions on the basis of that.

i can compare when the traits do the same job, also fb has the same access to disable while they can slow with imob

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

Well, balance
should
should
not
every

those

are u sure? lets pick

and

plus burning
on disable

(1.5)

What if the trade-off for that 30k skill was -2000 vitality? Or if the warrior misses then they kill themselves? What if the CD is 5 minutes? What if all the other skills on that weapon are total garbage? What if other classes get +50k HP?

Well, balance
should
should
not
every

those

are u sure? lets pick

and

plus burning
on disable

(1.5)

i can compare when the traits do the same job, also fb has the same access to disable while they can slow with imob

Sorry, no, you aren't allowed to consider the interaction with Immob, because that involved another trait.

Remember? Only 1:1 allowed. No thinking allowed.

@Ragnar.4257 said:

Well, balance
should
should
not
every

those

are u sure? lets pick

and

plus burning
on disable

(1.5)

Well, balance
should
should
not
every

those

are u sure? lets pick

and

plus burning
on disable

(1.5)

Sorry, no, you aren't allowed to consider the interaction with Immob, because that involved another trait.

im not saying that fb is op im just saying that math should balance the game not player skills because players are there to abuse the broken and inbalanced mechanics

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

Well, balance
should
should
not
every

those

are u sure? lets pick

and

plus burning
on disable

(1.5)

Well, balance
should
should
not
every

those

are u sure? lets pick

and

plus burning
on disable

(1.5)

im not saying that fb is op im just saying that math should balance the game not player skills because players are there to abuse the broken and inbalanced mechanics

You're not using "math" correctly.

1 + 2 + 3 = 3 + 2 + 1

You're just looking at the 3rd component on each side, and saying "look 3 = 1, therefore not balanced". Without considering the other factors.

You have to consider the equation as a whole, not just cherry-pick individual components.

@bluri.2653 said:

Well, balance
should
should
not
every

those

are u sure? lets pick

and

plus burning
on disable

(1.5)

Dont worry even if everything was exactly the same these people would find something else to blame it on.

Lucky crit rng is unfair!!1!!1!1!11!!1

@Ragnar.4257 said:

Well, balance
should
should
not
every

those

are u sure? lets pick

and

plus burning
on disable

(1.5)

Well, balance
should
should
not
every

those

are u sure? lets pick

and

plus burning
on disable

(1.5)

1 + 2 +
= 3 + 2 +

You're just looking at the 3rd component on each side, and saying "look 3 = 1, therefore not balanced". Without considering the other factors.

You have to consider the equation as a whole, not just cherry-pick individual components.

that kind of unbalanced trait in comparasion of other classes mechanics that make the game unbalanced deal with it, is DE op? no but their burst are op, i think they need more dps and less burst, they die in one hit sure, but they can perma stealth so you dont have the chance to hit him and he going to kill you first

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

Well, balance
should
should
not
every

those

are u sure? lets pick

and

plus burning
on disable

(1.5)

Well, balance
should
should
not
every

those

are u sure? lets pick

and

plus burning
on disable

(1.5)

1 + 2 +
= 3 + 2 +

that kind of unbalanced trait in comparasion of other classes mechanics that make the game unbalanced deal with it

What a great counter-argument. You completely deconstructed it with logic, facts and reasoning. Definitely not by asserting your own feelings as fact. :/

Well simple thing is that Thief has no defence so they rely on stealth/evasion. I understand it's annoying but then again.. every rogue in every mmo does that and it's normal. Take away stealth from thief and it's 100% useless class. Even now i would argue that thief is kinda useless. Stealth was already nerfed and there's plenty of reveals in this game.. so all cards are in the hands of other classes rather then thiefs. Sure give us some kind of other means to survive (aegis/block/invulns/some vitality/toughness) and u can take away stealth all u want. But for now it's darn annoying to see such posts about "stealth op". Well if stealth is OP then maybe let's delete your aegis and your F3 entirely eh? Or your elite invuln skill? no? That's also not fun to fight against. I always say.. if it's so OP as you think.. go roll a thief and try it yourself. I bet you'll be back on your "insert any class" in no time :)

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

Well, balance
should
should
not
every

those

are u sure? lets pick

and

plus burning
on disable

(1.5)

Well, balance
should
should
not
every

those

are u sure? lets pick

and

plus burning
on disable

(1.5)

1 + 2 +
= 3 + 2 +

that kind of unbalanced trait in comparasion of other classes mechanics that make the game unbalanced deal with it, is DE op? no but their burst are op, i think they need more dps and less burst, they die in one hit sure, but they can perma stealth so you dont have the chance to hit him and he going to kill you first

I just want to understand what ur saying here, I am not offending.U want a class u admit dies in one hit to have less burst and improved sustainable damage? Now set aside ur emotions regarding DE, does that sound right to u? Or would a spec that gets downed in one hit having a higher burst hit and run type playstyle make more sense if we take how annoying it is out of the equation?

Before the first encounter, you waste F2, why? Half a second extra speed? When he attacks and immobilized you, that is perfect chance to use F2 to remove it and LOS him from the other side. His main attack makes a sound, a very distinct sound, yet you just random dodge before being marked for no reason, but fail to dodge the attack that has a tell, your F2 was on CD because of a bad choice to put a skill on CD, you still had Smite, yet you didn't use it. Even with all of that, when he attacks, you never face him or try to counter ANYTHING, you sat there and let him kill you, as you could have done so many things. I mean, when you go down, you STILL have zero camera and area awareness, and you just push random downed skills for well, I don't know what for.

Second encounter, you use JI to close ground for an auto attack? What are you DOING?! JI should be cast after pre casting LB 2 for a burst that in this case would have downed him at his HP, LB 2 also follows, so even though he stealthed as you JIed in, it would have still followed him and hit him in stealth. Second option is JI with F1, F1 has reveal, so as you JIed in while pre casting F1, when he tried to stealth, it would have failed, you then drop trap and pull while pushing LB 3 in his direction and then let go of #3 as soon as he triggers the trap to push him back through it, assuming the first time didn't kill him at his lower HP. You then go straight into LB 2 in case it didn't work, as his first reaction will be to dodge out and stealth and LB 2 will follow him.

Third encounter with the SB, not to be rude, but wow, you are just face rolling the KB at this point. You are fully unaware of someone attacking you while casting LB5, which begs the question, why are you using LB5 here? Use LB2 or LB3. Before casting LB5, aegis breaks, letting you know someone is attacking but you don't notice and start the cast of a rooted skill that's mostly useless. When you finally react, You blow JI for no reason, drop trap for no reason, you swap to sword before using BL #3 to push him out of the trap and use sword 2 to port back up......and then you just stand there, no moving, no attacking, you are just like an NPC, if you were not ready to attack, why did you port back up? You then random dodge again when hes not using any skills, the SB then goes into rapid fire, and you are just sitting on sword...why on earth did you not use sword #3? You understand it would have blocked his whole attack right? No, you spam skills and pop focus #5 AND F3, burning two very important skills. Once you do, you still just stand there face tanking when you could have LOS him. You then blow RF when F2 is unused, wasting a heal and a gap closer that could have been cast back and down to heal yourself and LOS the SB. You then waste the fresh F2 because you popped RF to quick, but you cast it towards the SB....And then just ignore the SB like hes going to leave you alone (you only lived because your whole team shows up)? You then head straight for another player without even coming close to dealing with the SB, yet you just stroll straight to them, while you have sword #2 that could have ported you to the other player and further away from the SB if this was going to be your play (still a bad play). Everything after is just so painful to watch.

I have to ask this, and I honestly don't mean to sound rude, but is this video of a bot program playing?

Second video well, to sum it up, worse than the first, you face tank every single thing, you don't move, you only look forward, you run around doing nothing 90% of the time and the rest of the time you are fighting off point. This is the case of someone not knowing how to play, sorry. It is clear you don't understand the class you are playing no less the classes you are fighting.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Well, balance
should
should
not
every

those

are u sure? lets pick

and

plus burning
on disable

(1.5)

Well, balance
should
should
not
every

those

are u sure? lets pick

and

plus burning
on disable

(1.5)

1 + 2 +
= 3 + 2 +

I just want to understand what ur saying here, I am not offending.U want a class u admit dies in one hit to have less burst and improved sustainable damage? Now set aside ur emotions regarding DE, does that sound right to u? Or would a spec that gets downed in one hit having a higher burst hit and run type playstyle make more sense if we take how annoying it is out of the equation?

how bursting people from stealth 100 to 0 is healthy for the game? when the player have no chance to react? DE only miss the kill when they atk at the wrong time not when the opponent have skills or awareness, of course they need their burst to be lowered and for trade off they should give a constant dps with more HP, i know we are talking about pvp here but do you even see any DE at pve? it's hard to see because they have lowest dps in comparasion with other classes, but on pvp they have 1hk burst potential and the game turn into a duel of the fastest gun in the west with DE cheating from stealth

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

Well, balance
should
should
not
every

those

are u sure? lets pick

and

plus burning
on disable

(1.5)

Well, balance
should
should
not
every

those

are u sure? lets pick

and

plus burning
on disable

(1.5)

1 + 2 +
= 3 + 2 +

how bursting people from stealth 100 to 0 is healthy for the game? when the player have no chance to react? DE only miss the kill when they atk at the wrong time not when the opponent have skills or awareness, of course they need their burst to be lowered and for trade off they should give a constant dps with more HP, i know we are talking about pvp here but do you even see any DE at pve? it's hard to see because they have lowest dps in comparasion with other classes, but on pvp they have 1hk burst potential and the game turn into a duel of the fastest gun in the west with DE cheating from stealth

Well I do agree no class should one shot burst u with zero tell or counter plays as that would be silly for sure but the rifle has a big tell and there are reveal traps and skills in the game to counter as well as other thing like aegis or well timed blocks etc I get that being hit outa stealth feels cheesy and that's kinda the point of the classes that use stealth except engi lol their meant to be glassy,bursty and to fit theme underhanded and unfair. Is be hard to create skills for a rogue while having them feel the opposite of the theme design lol. If stealth had even more counter play the squishies class main defense ability wouldn't be to effective would it or back stabs would be erased as they'd never land on anything but npc's lol. A thiefs burst if it lands needs to do enough bursts to have its opponents hp low enough for it to stand a chance in the fight. Full hp to 0 hp shouldn't exist tho for any spec which I think most would agree and thief is far from the only one in this game that can down players in seconds as almost all have that potential.

This build shows everything wrong with Ranked. Even while losing every single 1v1, and contributing almost nothing to the game, the OP managed to get an easy win.

I thought the DE would be farming him given his pattern of behavior.

Now outside of this, I'm not a super big fan of DE stealth mechanics being tied to dodges, and only when holding a rifle. Maybe put an ICD on the ability of about 2 seconds, so double dodge will get you punished. But otherwise, DE is not that strong right now, and I don't think it needs any major nerfs in pvp. I'm open to hearing alternative opinions though.