Do you think alliances will ever come out?

Ysmir.4986

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm remaining optimistic. I'm guessing Anet has had this in their sights even before they announced it, and they've had a lot of time to work on it after that, even if they've gone through layoffs and staff changes and whatnot since.

Now as things have begun to settle and the teams get to work on their content again, I'm guessing Alliances are on their way sometime next year.

Why would you think they're not coming? We've got updates often enough, we know it's their main priority right now. It's been 2 years since they told us at the infancy of the concept and it hasn't been a high priority at all until not too long ago. How fast did you want them to push that system out? A week after announcement?

@Blocki.4931 said:Why would you think they're not coming? We've got updates often enough, we know it's their main priority right now. It's been 2 years since they told us at the infancy of the concept and it hasn't been a high priority at all until not too long ago. How fast did you want them to push that system out? A week after announcement?

Wait what?

The last actual update was 12 months ago.

Two months ago they had one line (maybe three) buried under another announcement that its was still a priority’.

Yeah... so I guess that two years is not enough time.,

So then two more years by your timeline?

Maybe two more raid wings, a full saga of living story, and maybe even after an expansion that isn’t coming..

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:Why would you think they're not coming? We've got updates often enough, we know it's their main priority right now. It's been 2 years since they told us at the infancy of the concept and it hasn't been a high priority at all until not too long ago. How fast did you want them to push that system out? A week after announcement?

Wait what?

The last actual update was 12 months ago.

Two months ago they had one line (maybe three) buried under another announcement that its was still a priority’.

Yeah... so I guess that two years is not enough time.,

So then two more years by your timeline?

Maybe two more raid wings, a full saga of living story, and maybe even after an expansion that isn’t coming..

Warclaw?Week events?Someone else could probably name more.

I've always answered "yes" in the past, but since august has now turned to october and october to november while november will soon turn to december and ArenaNet's latest promise of "We're looking forward to talking about it in the comming months" is swiftly turning into the comming "years"... I feel far less certain of it. The longer it takes the more issues to solve accumulate and the more expectations rise as well.

Nevermind that the latest substantial piece of information we have is 1 year old by now, that it is a 2-year project by now, that was even postponed before it was revealed since it is a "fix" to a 5-year old problem or that they promised in the spring that they had a full team of programmers working on it as their priority. If this was a programming priority in early april it is certainly quiet for all what the promises have promised.

Can we have our 2015 megaservers for WvW soon? :/

@"subversiontwo.7501" said:I've always answered "yes" in the past, but since august has now turned to october and october to november while november will soon turn to december and ArenaNet's latest promise of "We're looking forward to talking about it in the comming months" is swiftly turning into the comming "years"... I feel far less certain of it. The longer it takes the more issues to solve accumulate and the more expectations rise as well.

Nevermind that the latest substantial piece of information we have is 1 year old by now, that it is a 2-year project by now, that was even postponed before it was revealed since it is a "fix" to a 5-year old problem or that they promised in the spring that they had a full team of programmers working on it as their priority. If this was a programming priority in early april it is certainly quiet for all what the promises have promised.

Can we have our 2015 megaservers for WvW soon? :/

I’ve stopped hoping for it tbh.

• Warclaw took 8 months to get a dismount skill and can STILL be used to glitch into some structures
  • We supposedly were getting new WvW armor skins in ‘late fall/early winter’ which I guess technically is still on track
  • We still are in a ‘link beta’. Which we know was their attempt to merge servers without admitting they were merging servers

I think we are being prepared for ‘something new’ instead of alliances. Which means another ‘what’s coming in the future’ post that promises things for later lol.

I like to be optimistic when it comes to most things in life... But it should not take what? over 2 years now? (it's been so long I forgot) to develop this system with a team if they care. I mean, maybe some people at @Anet actually care, but as a gaming company... Doubt it. The only way WvW will get pushed in the direction it's destined to is if more people ignore the mode. Don't like to say it, but I feel it's true. I mean why change if you (Anet) are convinced everything is just fine? Just sayin.