GW2 Promotion with Quiznos (Yes they still exist)

I may be very wrong but I don't think Anet has a large enough customer base or the funds to do marketing campaigns with multi billion dollar companies like McDonalds that reach 100's of millions of customers. This Business Insider article from 2012 claims that McDonalds feeds 68 million people a day and sells 75 hamburgers every second. I mean would a company as large as McDonalds even be interested in a campaign with a company as small as Anet without Anet having to pay McDonalds what I am guessing would have to be a very, very large sum of money given McDonalds global reach?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Danikat.8537 said:

@NannyOgg.9378 said:Wow. Been playing GW2 since pre-release, and the original GW before that, so I saw they'd converted the currencies to £ and thought ''Great! at last a promotion that isn't limited to NA. 'But What the kitten IS Quiznos?' I thought, never having heard of the company, let alone ever seen one of their stores. I've just been to the Quiznos UK website to find my nearest store. Of course, they're all in London or the surrounding area; is 2-3 hours' drive from me, give or take.

Basically, for the first time in years Anet are offering me an opportunity to drive a hundred or so miles to visit a store I've never heard of, that by all accounts has struggled since 2014, to purchase some overpriced junk in return for what amounts to little more than a starter pack for a new player. Sounds great, I'm grabbing my car keys as I type.

Imagine my surprise.

I have to go pee now; or die laughing, whichever comes first :lol:

Don't bother driving there. Even though Quiznos do have stores outside the USA, and for some reason the value of the discount is given in various currencies, the promotion is limited to the USA.

...and Canada.

@"Grizzly UK.1209" said:So it's another "promotion" that's restricted and limited to a small percentage of the player base? Just what's the point of these such "promotions"? Is it just to annoy those who cannot participate and enforce a feeling of being left out and ignored? :/

There is another one up right now that is also restricted to USA/Canada : https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/news/enter-to-win-prizes-from-alienware/

Maybe they don't know that have players from elsewhere?

DC/MD area report: The Elkridge store never answered their phone so I didn't trek to them, but the Rockville one on Gude Drive is running the promotion and I was able to get a card with my sub today. The sub was edible, which is about as much good as I'll ever say of a sub from any source, I don't care for them that much, and the staff were very friendly. So for those of you able to get to Rockville and keen on getting code cards, you should be able to. I don't know how many cards they had, but five other customers ordered while we were waiting for our tater tots to get hot, and not one of them asked for a GW2 card. So should be plenty available!

Of note, the cards say the codes expire March 31, 2020. So there's plenty of time to unlock the mini.

Going to be honest: I like Quiznos better than subway. There. I said it. Quiznos has better bread, better sauces, and that shredded bacon is absolutely delicious. I went to Quiznos today and got the card alongside of a peppercorn steak sub. The only person who knew there was a promotion was the manager, so it took a few questions to get everything in order. Otherwise, it was pretty simple.

BTW here is what the mini looks like:

zCY7KC5.png

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@rwolf.9571 said:Bought a sub (Canada) from 1 of the 4 locations still open in this city. Person working there told me no promotions are going on, other than a free sub for downloading the Quiznos app. App has no reward there either, after redeeming points of purchase.

I want my $8 back for venturing out in -10c weather and a snowstorm to sate my curiosity lol.

Keep your receipt and send it to Quizno's corporate? You might get the promotion items,
and a free sub coupon!

I had the same experience here (checked the app). Opened a ticket with Anet, they won't do anything about it. Still waiting on a response from Quiznos because apparently no store is aware of the promotion despite the banner flashing on the back of their cash registers or received any codes.

Edit (Nov 13): I contacted Quiznos via email for feedback and the store owner reached out to me. They were very kind both in person and over email. It sounds like they kind of went out of their way to get the codes from headquarters for something they should have received anyway, but appreciated a lot for doing it over something that seems so small.

At the moment it seems Quiznos are getting far more benefit from this promotion than Anet. They've got people who wouldn't normally buy from them going out of their way to visit, and in some cases not even getting the promotion. Meanwhile it sounds like they're not even giving the cards out unless a customer specifically asks for it, so I doubt they're driving any new business to GW2.

So all in all not a great promotion from our perspective.

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

Before anybody else wastes their time driving: The Quiznos phone app is not up to date with the current locations of Quiznos stores. Today it navigated me to a store which no longer exists, and according to Google, the nearest extant Quiznos store is an hour and a half away, which I won't do. ANet really screwed the pooch on this promotion with this disastrous partnership, and as far as I'm concerned, somebody owes me a code for all the useless driving I did today.

@Jimbru.6014 said:

@gebrechen.5643 said:And a new promotion thing. This time with Alienware. EU excluded. Again.

Link?

Latest News Blog, you can even find it on the launcher.

To be fair, ArenaNet has partnered with Alienware for years; I don't think ArenaNet gets to set the parameters of where Alienware contests are valid.

[sponsor: (residents of the United States): Dell Marketing L.P., One Dell Way, Round Rock, TX 78682.Sponsor (residents of Canada): Dell Canada Inc., 155 Gordon Baker Road, Suite 501, North York, ON M2H 3N5.]

@"Blanche Neige.7241" said:Dell is practically everywhere worldwide, so I don't understand why they cannot do a worldwide promotion : https://www.dell.com/content/public/choosecountry.aspx

Contests like this are usually restricted to certain locations because there are laws governing who can participate and how it must be run and those can be different in every country, or part of a country. For example certain types of contest in the UK require you to have a gambling licence - it's not difficult to get one but the fees and the paperwork may not be worth it if a relatively small number of your potential entrants are in the UK. If you wanted to run a contest in every country in the world just finding out what the requirements are would probably take weeks and it may not be possible to set up one contest which complies with all of them.

It's annoying, but I understand why they do it. I just wish Anet could find a way to arrange more promotions which a) aren't such a confusing mess for their customers and b) aren't restricted to the USA and Canada. Even if it was restricted to somewhere else at least it would be a change. Or just do their own promotions in-game where it's much easier to make it available to everyone.

@Dante.1508 said:

@Dante.1508 said:I've looked everywhere i can't seem to find a Quiznos in Australia ..... Closest one appears to be Hawaii..

Well wouldent help you even if you found one in australia, since its only usa (as usual) and canada thats in on the promotion.

I see well thats a pointless thing then huh.

If you regularly keep an eye out on Reddit during these promotions, there are usually people with extra codes handing them out. I personally got both the KFT and Quiznos codes from there, and activated them on my account (EU) without problems.

Canadian here! Luckily, I have a Quiznos within walking distance. I decided I could go for a sandwich and support my beloved GW2 peeps, even if the contents of the promotion didn't really interest me that much.When I got there, the staff were chatting with the guy ahead of me, asking if he played GW2. He had no idea what it was. None of them had anything to say about it, but one guy at least knew it was on PC. I didn't really speak up, as they soon moved on to talking about Call of Duty, and I was like "These are not my people..." :p

Sadly, I made the mistake of taking my sandwich to-go, throwing it in my backpack on top of some cold beers, and walking back home on a chilly day. It was, shall we say, sub-optimal by the time I finally ate it -- but not terrible. I like to think the sandwich gave me a Karma bonus and 10% experience gain from kills, but I didn't actually kill anyone to test that.

What I really want, though, is that Dragon Emblem outfit they had for the bubble tea promo a while back. I hope they bring it back for some other promotional thing, but I can see how that might dissuade people from participating if the stuff they get isn't exclusive, or maybe even violate a contract with their partners.

@Hevoskuuri.3891 said:

@Dante.1508 said:I've looked everywhere i can't seem to find a Quiznos in Australia ..... Closest one appears to be Hawaii..

Well wouldent help you even if you found one in australia, since its only usa (as usual) and canada thats in on the promotion.

If you regularly keep an eye out on Reddit during these promotions, there are usually people with extra codes handing them out. I personally got both the KFT and Quiznos codes from there, and activated them on my account (EU) without problems.

Interesting thanks. Do those codes still work outside of America?

@Dante.1508 said:

Codes are codes. They’re not region specific.

@Dante.1508 said:

I can confirm the codes work outside America, the tricky part is getting hold of one. I think once an account is set up there's no difference between them. My husbands account was created using a key from an American edition of the game, but set up in Europe and started on an EU server and it's indistingishable from mine which was purchased in Europe.

@"Fyrebrand.4859" said:Canadian here! Luckily, I have a Quiznos within walking distance. I decided I could go for a sandwich and support my beloved GW2 peeps, even if the contents of the promotion didn't really interest me that much.When I got there, the staff were chatting with the guy ahead of me, asking if he played GW2. He had no idea what it was. None of them had anything to say about it, but one guy at least knew it was on PC. I didn't really speak up, as they soon moved on to talking about Call of Duty, and I was like "These are not my people..." :p

Sadly, I made the mistake of taking my sandwich to-go, throwing it in my backpack on top of some cold beers, and walking back home on a chilly day. It was, shall we say, sub-optimal by the time I finally ate it -- but not terrible. I like to think the sandwich gave me a Karma bonus and 10% experience gain from kills, but I didn't actually kill anyone to test that.

What I really want, though, is that Dragon Emblem outfit they had for the bubble tea promo a while back. I hope they bring it back for some other promotional thing, but I can see how that might dissuade people from participating if the stuff they get isn't exclusive, or maybe even violate a contract with their partners.

The dragon emblem outfit wasn't exclusive to that promotion. Originally they were given away to people who went to conventions where GW2 was being promoted before/just after release, and given out via fan sites, magazines etc. to promote the game. They've been used in various promotions since then too, the tea one was just the most recent. Which means hopefully it will be available again in future and you'll have a chance to get one.