Hi Balancers: Does Ventari's Natural Harmony and Staff's Mender's Rebuke really need a delay?

Knighthonor.4061

Was thinking about this. Ventari's Natural Harmony has this delay, but what for? Same for Mender's Rebuke.

Seeing how other support classes like Guardians can dish out some major heals, these two Revenant heals in comparison seem underpowered. I dont see why they have a delay on it. It only makes the Tablet and Staff's healing more clunky in the combo of other issues.

seem like Cooldowns would be good enough along with Energy cost. But what you all think on this?

I've became used to the delay which in terms somewhat makes it more friendly to how the tablet has to be moving around.

Natural Harmony can also be the one of strongest if not the strongest heal utility in the game given all the bonuses Revenant can get so it's not surprising it has some delay in both ways to keep it in check.

On that note.. Still waiting for that Ventari Stunbreak, sort of.. The buff to Inspiring Reinforcement has really helped Ventari, sucks that Hammer is broken right now.

My problem with Mender's Rebuke is not the delay, but the fact that the heal triggers in the area where you finish the cast time. I would like for it to just be a PBAoE heal that follows the user.

Regarding Natural Harmony, I would personally like for the delay time to simply be decreased to 0.5s or so. This is definitely part of what makes it hard to land the skill successfully. The heal is by no means underpowered due to the sheer numbers you can achieve with it, but in my eyes reliability is a big reason why Ventari isn't used as frequently. When I am playing it in the backline in WvW, I find I can land most if my heals how I intend them to land, but smaller scale, it gets much harder. This problem isn't as apparent in PvP due to the nature of the game mode being point-based, but trying to heal a small group of roamers...oof.

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:My problem with Mender's Rebuke is not the delay, but the fact that the heal triggers in the area where you finish the cast time. I would like for it to just be a PBAoE heal that follows the user.

Regarding Natural Harmony, I would personally like for the delay time to simply be decreased to 0.5s or so. This is definitely part of what makes it hard to land the skill successfully. The heal is by no means underpowered due to the sheer numbers you can achieve with it, but in my eyes reliability is a big reason why Ventari isn't used as frequently. When I am playing it in the backline in WvW, I find I can land most if my heals how I intend them to land, but smaller scale, it gets much harder. This problem isn't as apparent in PvP due to the nature of the game mode being point-based, but trying to heal a small group of roamers...oof.

I just tried using ventari heal in roaming "again". It is like a torture that never stops. In zergs, it is ok. Firebrand, scrapper and tempest are really much much better than ventari in my opinion, but it is fun to use the tablet. In roaming it is horrible.

Ventari needs a rework together with kalla and shield. At least tablets radius should be doubled if nothing else :)

@alain.1659 said:

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:My problem with Mender's Rebuke is not the delay, but the fact that the heal triggers in the area where you finish the cast time. I would like for it to just be a PBAoE heal that follows the user.

I just tried using ventari heal in roaming "again". It is like a torture that never stops. In zergs, it is ok. Firebrand, scrapper and tempest are really much much better than ventari in my opinion, but it is fun to use the tablet. In roaming it is horrible.

Ventari needs a rework together with kalla and shield. At least tablets radius should be doubled if nothing else :)

You mean you don't like playing "The Tablet is Lava" with your high mobility roaming buddies? :).

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:You mean you don't like playing "The Tablet is Lava" with your high mobility roaming buddies? :).

Thats why I run Zealots gear with Facet of Light (700 regen per tick) and Elevated Compassion (1200 Heal) while I backline hammer. Respectable damage and I add enough sustain regen to be worth having on the squad.

@Jarl.8607 said:

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:You mean you don't like playing "The Tablet is Lava" with your high mobility roaming buddies? :).

Thats why I run Zealots gear with Facet of Light (700 regen per tick) and Elevated Compassion (1200 regen per tick) while I backline hammer. Respectable damage and I add enough sustain regen to be worth having on the squad.

Just a side note: Elevated compassion isnt regen, its a direct heal :P, ur regen is base 700. (but herald can build to reach 1200 regen for 10 player as passive).

What IF rebuke activated , it would activate a copy of invoking armony just like radiant fire from guardian casts zealot flame from the torch, here would be the inverse effect??

@alain.1659, its suppot spect u arent ment to roam.... its as ilogical as a ministrel firebrand want to roam and win fight, he wont.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

Thats why I run Zealots gear with Facet of Light (700 regen per tick) and Elevated Compassion (1200 regen per tick) while I backline hammer. Respectable damage and I add enough sustain regen to be worth having on the squad.

Just a side note: Elevated compassion isnt regen, its a direct heal :P, ur regen is base 700. (but herald can build to reach 1200 regen for 10 player as passive).

What IF rebuke activated , it would activate a copy of invoking armony just like radiant fire from guardian casts zealot flame from the torch, here would be the inverse effect??

@alain.1659, its suppot spect u arent ment to roam.... its as ilogical as a ministrel firebrand want to roam and win fight, he wont.

I think you got my point wrong. A minstrel firebrand can roam easily with his group of friends and be effective (can turn the tides of battle actually). Yet you cannot achieve this with ventari rev. I was not talking about single roaming but as a group (and havoc-ing also).

@alain.1659 said:

I think you got my point wrong. A minstrel firebrand can roam easily with his group of friends and be effective (can turn the tides of battle actually). Yet you cannot achieve this with ventari rev. I was not talking about single roaming but as a group (and havoc-ing also).

Roaming means soloist.. as a roamer :P so, that's why i interpreted it that way.

Advice if its 2-3 players just play 3 scrapper or 3 beastmasters( holo is strong but beastmaster can be built to be way way more broken than holo gimmicks rotations are).On small scale rev is quite capable has a support character(i do play herald/ventari support on 5-10 players party), altough there 2 issues:One, is that its not a class for every one to play, m8 have few issues since it isn't a spam n carry with stacking like other game classes were built for, like scourges firebrands/scrappers one has to play it complete differently from any other class(predict where big aoe damage will happen), even on sturdy gear its easy to down the rev, but regen and heal spikes help alot the firebrand/scrapper work.The second issue is a game issue (probably caused by spaghetti code and its spaghetti iterations/checks) if u have 6 players to heal on squad u m8 not heal the player that has the lowest health, in fact i have been huge amounts of issues with the healing skill on rev since most time is picking players with most health..., unless it only heals the closest alies next to your squad list(maybe thats the check list... wich will ignore players on squad but are few positions far away in same squad).

We didnt clear enemy group since they were growing slowly but we didnt get wiped either. (rev is a power/healing power build, and yes rev was using tablet issue is game hides/harder to notice it with the mess of the aoe)

On side note, i had to assume we would be fighting on the same place or later players on that zone where rebuke was casted would need heal :\ it kinda works like gw1 patient spirit but casted in the ground :\ rather than in the players.