Use or Salvage unidentified gear?

Xemna.3419

Hello!

I am a returning player and a bit confused about the unidentified gear. The posts in forums and such i found are a couple of months old, and I heard that the loot tables of them has changed recently though. So, my question: In order to maximize profits, which unidentified gear (green, blue, yellow) should i use first, then salvage, or just salvage, or sell in tp? Or r they roughly the same and i can use and salvage to get the luck? I wouldnt mind the extra work of opening.

Thx for the answers

• Like 1

Always identify before salvage. You have a chance of getting rares and exotics even from blues. And from greens you will probably get more gold from ectos from rares than everything else. If you have enough bag space and salvage o matic its a breeze.

I don't know about selling outright. Like the poster above me said, they removed the magic find from identification process. The prices on TP dropped a lot since than.

• Like 1

@TheAgedGnome.7520 said:I've always been selling them un-ID'd.

I'm sure that somewhere there is a massive spreadsheet that shows exactly how much better it would be to ID & salvage....but time is money too!

This is quite relevant!I always identify, and salvage as craft quite a bit and materials gained is materials I don't have to buy.

However, if your focus is gold the difference is not very big, at least for blue and I think green unIDed gear.

• 2 years later...