Elder Aurene renders and size comparison

Vyko.6953

Hello fellas,Konig contacted me that there is Aurene's model in dat files, so I had to check it out and found the model and textures and I want to share it with you all. She has many textures there so I dont know how to exactly use them, so it may not look as its supposed to do, but still. Check my few renders of Elder Aurene and quick comparison with some other well known dragons!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1S0hw2-1TY6n54I8O-HjKyowzoKwXNAq0

Interesting. Since she absorbed all of Kralkatorrik's magic, but is still very tiny compared to him (about the size of the Shatterer, it looks like?)--that suggests to me that dragons don't grow JUST from absorbing magic. A magic boost increases their size, but they probably also grow with age--a combination of the two being what allows them to reach the insane sizes of the Actually Elderly Elder Dragons.

@Weindrasi.3805 said:Interesting. Since she absorbed all of Kralkatorrik's magic, but is still very tiny compared to him (about the size of the Shatterer, it looks like?)--that suggests to me that dragons don't grow JUST from absorbing magic. A magic boost increases their size, but they probably also grow with age--a combination of the two being what allows them to reach the insane sizes of the Actually Elderly Elder Dragons.

She's on par to Vlast, which is even smaller than the Shatterer, based on those images.

@"Weindrasi.3805" said:Interesting. Since she absorbed all of Kralkatorrik's magic, but is still very tiny compared to him (about the size of the Shatterer, it looks like?)--that suggests to me that dragons don't grow JUST from absorbing magic. A magic boost increases their size, but they probably also grow with age--a combination of the two being what allows them to reach the insane sizes of the Actually Elderly Elder Dragons.

I'd guess that such intense amounts of magic at once provide a jumpstart to their growth, but otherwise they'll naturally grow to a certain size.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pni5yC3Jdxn_A6uIDI4l3P-pyCHtaqQ_/view?usp=sharing

According to this picture in particular, she's about the same size as Vlast was, at least from above. Thinner, with a longer tail and larger wingspan, but roughly the same size.

@ChiefDrake.2917 said:This is really interesting to see! Interesting to speculate on how dragons grow/age too! (Though I can't do much logical thinking right now-- I'm too busy crying with pride. That's our baby!!!!)

Interesting things to note.

A: Glint is... incredibly old. Possibly hundreds of thousands, or tens of thousands of years old.B: Vlast, at a little over 250 or so, was larger then Glint.C: Aurene, despite only being what.. 3-5 years old now, is almost the same size as Vlast due to incredible growth spurts caused by mass absorption of magic.

@Kalavier.1097 said:B: Vlast, at a little over 250 or so, was larger then Glint.

Model wise, they're roughly the same size (and Glint's GW2 model is roughly the same size as her GW1 model). I recently pulled the models and made a rough comparison between GW1 Glint, GW1 Baby Dragon (aka Vlast), GW2 Glint, and GW2 Vlast, and excluding the baby dragon, the other three models were roughly the same size overall.

But what's curious is that in Edge of Destiny, the description for Glint had her a bit larger than her GW1 model.