Looking for a developer response on raids and fractals

Brimstar.9036

This is the second release without a fractal which keeps the trend of breaking the cadense set previously without a word from the devs. Id love a statememt but i doubt we will get one.

Seems like most of their eggs are in the strikes basket which is fine but strikes arent remotely hard to engage me.

@zealex.9410 said:This is the second release without a fractal which keeps the trend of breaking the cadense set previously without a word from the devs. Id love a statememt but i doubt we will get one.

Seems like most of their eggs are in the strikes basket which is fine but strikes arent remotely hard to engage me.

Hard yet but I agree, I would want more fotm/raids apart from open world PvE stuff

Strikes are the new instanced content in this game. Small instances with unimpressive models, few mechanics, no need for a big balance since (almost - lol!) everyone can and should be able to succeed and therefore easy to develop which also means very cheap in resources.My guess is that fractal or raid development is nearly dead or at least almost. Maybe there's one final raid or 1-2 new fractals in the pipeline which will cover a long time span till openly admitting the abandonment of said content or they just don't want to tell it right now to not disappoint the target audience (any further).

Given the latest trailer (which I very much enjoyed, but that is beside the point) it seems the current direction is strike missions and variety in those.

The trailer mentions rotating weekly strikes. If I'd have to guess (and I have been wrong in the past), I would assume the goal is strike missions as up to 10 player content with a difficulty below raids, maybe around fractals T1-2. Hopefully bringing more people into group content.

We might see an occasional raid or fractal, but definitely not in a release cadence as before (which was already slow) for the time being.

Let them see if Strike Missions "work" first and then they can go back to releasing more Fractals and Raids. Honestly the first Strike Mission (I call it a Joke Mission) was terrible and didn't succeed in any of its design goals. The concept is fine though and I hope the new ones will be much better designed and who knows if they are interesting enough they will scratch the Raid/Fractal itch properly

at first - there is NO ANY " negativity snowball". If 2, 5, or 15 people "cry" on forum this is absolutely not say about real state.

As I think there is no any point add new fractal. Make new and hard ? For what ? This is get 0.02-2% complete pleasure and 98+% say "ou. no, not today".

Also keep attention that mostly each "new fractal content shouter" don't close all current fractals. And from 250kp+ people who realy understand and do fractals the "new fractal shouter" % is decreased near zero.

@"lare.5129" said:at first - there is NO ANY " negativity snowball". If 2, 5, or 15 people "cry" on forum this is absolutely not say about real state.

As I think there is no any point add new fractal. Make new and hard ? For what ? This is get 0.02-2% complete pleasure and 98+% say "ou. no, not today".

Also keep attention that mostly each "new fractal content shouter" don't close all current fractals. And from 250kp+ people who realy understand and do fractals the "new fractal shouter" % is decreased near zero.

Well if the new fractal shouter want to do the new fractal in t1, t2, t3 or t4 dont really matter do it?

@"lare.5129" said:at first - there is NO ANY " negativity snowball". If 2, 5, or 15 people "cry" on forum this is absolutely not say about real state.

1. It's not only 15 people on this forum. Reddit is full with thousands of demands of new content if you put in raids, fractals, dungeons and other PvE stuff besides those LS we get every few months and deliver real content for maybe 2-3 hours and some more for achievement hunting that more and more turn into grind fiestas which I definitely don't call content.

2. New fractal doesn't mean especially harder ones. I know a good amount of people together in a sub-community that are running lower tier fractals but even those would like to have some variety and are bored.Instabilities don't add those but it's Arenanet's answer (other companies are doing this as well!) trying to make old content look more interesting. In case of instabilities my opinion is that it failed from the start and the massive changes to them + bugs took a lot of developer resources away from actual content.

It's fine that you aren't bored but not everyone is like you and I also don't think that you are representing a large amount of the community with your opinion because everywhere you ask around people have the feeling of fractals being stale. Release cadences are underlining that since the latest fractal came out in January this year. Since it is confirmed that we don't get a new one next week we're heading to one year of no new content here. Disappointment is an understatement in this case.

To be frank, I would love more fractals. We've already accumulated a great library to which it gives us a great variation of "dungeon running" experiences. I think only adding to this would make it even sweeter along with weekly rotating strike missions. The only thing that needs added onto it is better rewards now or longer reward to work towards. Armor, new weapons that aren't reskins, newer backpieces or at least loot specific to fractals. "Jelly fish mace, jade maw hammer, etc"

I don't know where you're getting those numbers from but any new content is good content. Theres lots of game modes in this game and its cadence appeals different pockets of the community, just like raids. We all deserve some content and not just open world PvE. If anything I would love more transparency from the teams that are developing these game modes just like we're getting a revitalized communication from the WvW/PvP Balance team that is doing an amazing damn job with the community right now.

The real problem with raids inst difficult, or group members "quality", in the end its just the time needed to be commited. i always find gentle groups/guilds to training/ but is hard commit a scheduled 3hrs+ just to "learn". My achiev nearest to a sucessfull raid complete, was Migraine achievment, it was 2hrs~3hrs ++ with a group doing trial/error to finally get it. Its not hard just follow instructions of a "raid coach', but, the time needed to complete/learn its just too extensive.

PvP is much better end-game than raids, 2hrs pvping per day is enough to access rewards and skills. So i hope they invest more on PvP.

@Cyninja.2954 said:Given the latest trailer (which I very much enjoyed, but that is beside the point) it seems the current direction is strike missions and variety in those.

The trailer mentions rotating weekly strikes. If I'd have to guess (and I have been wrong in the past), I would assume the goal is strike missions as up to 10 player content with a difficulty below raids, maybe around fractals T1-2. Hopefully bringing more people into group content.

Bringing more ppl into group content specificly around strike missions because no one will stick around long term for fractals and raids if the cadense gets worse.

@mindcircus.1506 said:In Mike Z's last interview he explicitly said raids and fractals were still being developed.

What's truly strange is that in the forum thread about the article, people who commented on it are also obfuscating the issue in this very thread.

Crazy.

Its never a good move to be absolute with whats on te table and whats off. Better keep everything on the table, gives ppl hope.

@Vince.1695 said:

1. It's not only 15 people on this forum. Reddit is full with thousands of demands of new content if you put in raids, fractals, dungeons and other PvE stuff besides those LS we get every few months and deliver real content for maybe 2-3 hours and some more for achievement hunting that more and more turn into grind fiestas which I definitely don't call content.Reddit ? For me some side unknown site. Why we should take any vision in that unknown content? And Why where should keeep any attention for unknown person on that unknown site? How we can sure that this is not 'fake news?'

It's fine that you aren't bored but not everyone is like you and I also don't think that you are representing a large amount of the community with your opinion because everywhere you ask around people have the feeling of fractals being stale. Release cadences are underlining that since the latest fractal came out in January this year. Since it is confirmed that we don't get a new one next week we're heading to one year of no new content here. Disappointment is an understatement in this case.How content can be stale?? It can be only for person who don't understand spirit of GW2. Is AC dungeon stale? If someone aslo say yes - he don't understand and don't like this game.

@lare.5129 said:

@Vince.1695 said:Reddit ? For me some side unknown site. Why we should take any vision in that unknown content?

Lol Not trying to be rude but same thing applies to you if it applies to reddit (altho reddit is pretty sizable part of the online feedback pool)

How content can be stale?? It can be only for person who don't understand spirit of GW2. Is AC dungeon stale? If someone aslo say yes - he don't understand and don't like this game.

Whats the spirit of gw2 is this particular case? That content cant be stale? All content will grow stale if you do it for years.

@lare.5129 said:Reddit ? For me some side unknown site. Why we should take any vision in that unknown content? And Why where should keeep any attention for unknown person on that unknown site? How we can sure that this is not 'fake news?'

Reddit is way more popular than this forum. At least it's more than 10 x popular if not way more. Replies to the new trailer: around 100 here together in several threads vs. more than 1000 on reddit in several threads. And no, those aren't russian bots.

@lare.5129 said:How content can be stale?? It can be only for person who don't understand spirit of GW2. Is AC dungeon stale? If someone aslo say yes - he don't understand and don't like this game.

So, what is the spirit of GW2 because such thing doesn't exist officially. And since we all are different human beings with different habits and hobbies our game time and choices diverge heavily. If I don't like to run AC 2000 times because I already ran it about 1000 times (no joke, I did!) why on earth should I don't like this game. Your argumentation doesn't make sense at all.

@lare.5129 said:

@zealex.9410 said:redditI don't see acc name from post owner, anyway can check achievements count, or get any info that this player realy player from gw2 and not random hyper without account at all. So on this part any comment on side resource about fractals and raid for me have zero value.

You can't do that with my account name neither. You have to log in and search for me in the actual game or browse very long through the AP list and be lucky to find me because there is no search option. Additionally you don't know that this maybe - just maybe - is my 2nd account. Hint for you: We had some discussions in the cyrillic letter thread with my main acc which is a little bit different from this one.

@Vince.1695 said:

@lare.5129 said:Reddit ? For me some side unknown site. Why we should take any vision in that unknown content? And Why where should keeep any attention for unknown person on that unknown site? How we can sure that this is not 'fake news?'

Reddit is way more popular than this forum. At least it's more than 10 x popular if not way more. Replies to the new trailer: around 100 here together in several threads vs. more than 1000 on reddit in several threads. And no, those aren't russian bots.

@lare.5129 said:How content can be stale?? It can be only for person who don't understand spirit of GW2. Is AC dungeon stale? If someone aslo say yes - he don't understand and don't like this game.

So, what is the spirit of GW2 because such thing doesn't exist officially. And since we all are different human beings with different habits and hobbies our game time and choices diverge heavily. If I don't like to run AC 2000 times because I already ran it about 1000 times (no joke, I did!) why on earth should I don't like this game. Your argumentation doesn't make sense at all.

@zealex.9410 said:redditI don't see acc name from post owner, anyway can check achievements count, or get any info that this player realy player from gw2 and not random hyper without account at all. So on this part any comment on side resource about fractals and raid for me have zero value.

You can't do that with my account name neither. You have to log in and search for me in the actual game or browse very long through the AP list and be lucky to find me because there is no search option. Additionally you don't know that this maybe - just maybe - is my 2nd account. Hint for you: We had some discussions in the cyrillic letter thread with my main acc which is a little bit different from this one.

You do know your only supposed to post on forum on 1 account right?

@Vince.1695 said:Strikes are the new instanced content in this game. Small instances with unimpressive models, few mechanics, no need for a big balance since (almost - lol!) everyone can and should be able to succeed and therefore easy to develop which also means very cheap in resources.My guess is that fractal or raid development is nearly dead or at least almost. Maybe there's one final raid or 1-2 new fractals in the pipeline which will cover a long time span till openly admitting the abandonment of said content or they just don't want to tell it right now to not disappoint the target audience (any further).

You say that, completely ignoring that the one strike we got was intentionally super easy... Do you really think it won't get harder? It's still supposed to be a level between raids however.