Is Svaard Gear worth it?

Kaizer.8261

Hello!

I'm a relativelly new player, been playing for like 6 months now, and i started working on Svaard Ascended Gear (Power, Prec, Vit, Fer) but i wonder if it's worth it.

I know that for DPS wise Berserker Gear is the optimal choice, but i want to have some fun too being tanky while dealing some damage. I thought Marauder stats looked pretty good for what i wanted, but i don't know if it's worth it for a bruiser build or there are better choices.

Any tips?

You're referring to "Marauder's gear", the DPS only just a bit below Berserker's and the HP increase is a huge boon for low health classes. Btw, Berserker is not the best gear for DPS, that was a long time ago, these days it depends on class and build.

The highest "DPS" gear is the gear that you survive and perform your role in according to your capabilities.

@"Hannelore.8153" said:You're referring to "Marauder's gear", the DPS only just a bit below Berserker's and the HP increase is a huge boon for low health classes. Btw, Berserker is not the best gear for DPS, that was a long time ago, these days it depends on class and build.

The highest "DPS" gear is the gear that you survive and perform your role in according to your capabilities.

Ayy, thanks! I was worried it would be a waste of time and resources.

I play mainly as Holosmith, and i thought that Marauder Gear + the "Big Boomer" (Gives Vit and Fer based on Power) trait would give me tons of HP to help survive in most sutiations.

To be exact, the dps difference between berserker and marauder gear is aproximately 10% in favor of berserker. The higher stat amounts on 4-stat sets versus 3-stats keeps this in check, otherwise berserker would be further ahead.

In general Marauder gear can be considered a good allrounder setup which works very well for a first set.

Berserker gear remains the best in slot gear for maximum power damage (occasionally spliced with assassin to reach the crit cap).

I would consider having most, not all of your kit in Marauder's if survivability is a bit on the rough spot. If your crit chance is well enough, you can make do with using Berserker's for the rest of the items. I would be more concerned having the accessories with Marauder's or the armor as Marauder's; but if you feel you can benefit from the vitality, all-Marauder's is decent (I use it on some of my characters), and having traits and maint items that benefit from precision (furious sharpening stones!) as well as runes can make up for the dent in power and ferocity, can also help mitigate the small DPS punch.

It's not hard to make and it is generally very useful set especially if you play WvW for exactly the reasons you want it - a nice increase in tankyness with not much compromise in power dmg. It will not go to waste.

Is it worth it or will it be useful for you? Only you know this. Game mode, profession, your play stile and skill...

For classes like Guardian, Thief or Ele — it's great equipment. + Marauder's has more precision than Berserker's, and I think reaching crit cap is worth more than raw power. e.g. meta equipment for power weaver includes some Assassin's pieces just to reach crit cap with build and squad compisition. If you don't crit — it's less damage, and raw power won't fix that.

If we're talking about OW, dungeons, story... In my opinion it's good to focus on weak spots of your character. Characters with larger health pool can just go in Berserker's (or Assassin's, like my power chrono).

@Ashantara.8731 said:It's never worth to fully equip your character in Marauder's gear for PvE. Often, only the trinkets (or just a few of them) is enough.

For my classes which use Marauder / Berserker swappies, I generally do Marauder armor and keep Berserker trinkets. The reason is just that usually my Marauder swappies are for different game modes (like WvW or such), and thus I like also use different runes / sigils. But yes, if you think your Berserker amor & weapon runes and sigils are just fine, and you want some Marauder swappies for extra crit + health, then sure, having some Marauder trinket swappies are good choice.