[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

Player housing is not a QoL upgradeDungeons have already been pushed aside for FractalsThere hasn't been a team to focus on guilds and guild-related content for some timeWhile some might enjoy the beetle races, I believe most would prefer actual content instead.

Still, one can dream about these things. Hope springs eternal, or so it's said.

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:

@Eme.2018 said:

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:All the more reason to minimize instances of it that we can.

Not necessarily, this ambient type of game-play is a big part of the overall RPG experience. But lets get to the point.

It's a part I can do without. Some others too, witness this topic. Making it a gem store purchase would let all of us tailor the game to our preferences. Besides, a colorful implementation could add to the RPG experience. An NPC in the instance who works for us might actually make us feel like a "commander", which would be nice after hearing ourselves be called "commander" hundreds of times without any real merit to the title at all.

Anet pls add Underworld open map somewhere so we can travel there and do stuff, also add new weapons (new options), maybe Greataxe, or Spear (on land), maybe some sort of a Cannon, Chain Scythe, maybe dual shield spec, etc we have most of those as skins but it would be nice to have them as actual weapons, its been long time and we just have same old stuff

@WolfSparkSmack.2649 said:

@Eme.2018 said:

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:All the more reason to minimize instances of it that we can.

Not necessarily, this ambient type of game-play is a big part of the overall RPG experience. But lets get to the point.

It's a part I can do without. Some others too, witness this topic. Making it a gem store purchase would let all of us tailor the game to our preferences. Besides, a colorful implementation could add to the RPG experience. An NPC in the instance who works for us might actually make us feel like a "commander", which would be nice after hearing ourselves be called "commander" hundreds of times without any real merit to the title at all.

Anet pls add Underworld open map somewhere so we can travel there and do stuff, also add new weapons (new options), maybe Greataxe, or Spear (on land), maybe some sort of a Cannon, Chain Scythe, maybe dual shield spec, etc we have most of those as skins but it would be nice to have them as actual weapons, its been long time and we just have same old stuff

So many people have requested so many times for a land spear, scythe, etc,Imo it could be one last, and final spice up to each individual class; so in order to make them completely unique.For instance:

● Guardians/ES Paragon/Spear● Warriors/ES DemiGod/Chained Swords● Revenant/?/?●Ranger/ES Hunter/?●Thief/ES Assassin/Shuriken●Engineer/?/?●Mesmer/ES Enchanter/Whip●Necromancer/ES Dervish/Scythe●Elementalist/ES Ritualist/?

If I could have one thing for xmas, please, PLEASE place your invisible walls wisely in future episodes. I've been saying this for years, but if you don't want us to go somewhere, make it visually apparent. Don't just slap an invisible wall there and call it a day. Sure, at the edges of maps there's little choice, but inside the map one cliff will be accessible and another nearby that looks the same won't. It's confusing and frustrating, and there's no need for it. You know the limitations of the mounts. You can figure out how to visually depict something you don't want accessed so the visual mesh matches the collision mesh. I'm not asking you to fix past maps (unless you want to), but at least consider future ones. Please, for the sake of my remaining hair, use your invisible walls for good and niceness not evil and badness.

@"hugo.4705" said:Instead of having one million clones of the same citizen in cities, why not generating randomly the appearance of each citizen?Like...https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/GuideThe world would feel more immersive and living, even realistic.

The home instance in DR has several of these clones on the same walk cycle and they frequently are clipping into each other. Can they at least have different color dresses?

Also, why not make the NPCs wear "town clothes" and make the existing clothes they have also available as "town clothes" (NPCs have some clothing that is unique and not avialable to players). And yes, it's OK to racially lock them so that you don't have to make that blue Human dress fit on a Charr.

@northcharm.9485 said:So ive been thinking a lot lately about some QoL updates that would be nice if anet decided to do.First is player housing, I know its not gona happen but maybe if it gets mentioned enough anet will give us proper player housing like most mmos have.

Let me second (or third or thousandth) the request for more to do/build in the home instance or player housing.I'd love to have a bookcase for all the scroll and book items. Once you put a thing in there it stops being a thing, and you can't take them out. So it's not a bank slot for the weapons and back items that happen to also be books. Perhaps you actually put it in there (Wow, putting a Binding of Ipos in there would be an expensive decoration!) or perhaps you just put a copy of the thing in there. And then some flower pots to display collected flowers perhaps like the ones around New Loamhurst in Lake Doric, but they stay planted. Or a flower display that uses the same mechanic as the book case (but that looks like a flower garden). I for one have a whole bank tab full of books and another full of flowers. Yes I know that's just me and my choice, but I like them. And for Anet it's a revenue stream to sell upgrades to the home instance.

Fifth The roller beetle races we got last December in Tyria were very fun and cool it would be nice to see some more race tracks added to other maps in game maybe one in Orr or possibly Auric basin?? Either way would be nice to see more races and some more race events happen.So these are my 5 immediate things I think would be cool to see added to gw2 alota the stuff I have said yes most likely isn't gona happen but I thought id put it out there for all to see including anet. Cheers guys :) :)

Since Grothmar Valley has a dedicated Ooze combat arena, how about (on some existing map) a dedicated race track with actual races you need to qualify for - think Indy 500. (The guild halls could use a little extra space for such a racetrack - maybe with a Scribe crafted waypoint for easy access - The Gilded Hollow certainly has multiple levels so the existing layout could easily support a racetrack up high)

The main race does not require to all qualified race at exactly the same time, but like Lily of the Elon, during the main race times, only the qualified racers are allowed on the track. So during the month everyone gets to race with mini gamer competitive events and practice runs. During the final week of the months the top 100 (or 1,000?) race times get invited to participate in the main event race. They can race as many times as they want during that week with their best times being used for final ranking and then post the winners. No power ups, no debuffs. Just straight up speed and skill. Need to have rings to go through to force the track. Allow any mount.

You need two tracks. One for ground based mounts complete with terrain race track and one for flying mounts. There should be a grandstand with row after row of actual seating.

When it's not part of the main race you can have Mario Kart style comic races with power ups and debuffs and all those things that wreck a normal race experience.

@"Leablo.2651" said:Bag slot expansion should be itemized

Problem: Bag slots are unlike almost every other premium item in the game, in that they are, through any normal means, irreversibly tied to a specific character and create a sunk cost in that character. It creates a liability that discourages changing the status of a character, i.e. from main to alt, or from alt to mule, or from mule to deleted. This is counter to the philosophy of offering premium items as "convenience" features - it instead restricts the options that a player has without incurring a significant loss of resources. Precedent for a change can be taken from infinite gathering tools, which used to be soulbound.

Big-picture suggestion: Refactor the way bags and bag slots are treated, to move the expansion feature to the bag instead of the slot.

• Give bags an upgrade slot for a Premium Rune (call it whatever you like for flavor, e.g. Rune of Weightlessness, Black Lion Rune, MagLev Strings, etc).
  • Make a distinction between two types of bag slots: a regular bag slot (unchanged), and additional Premium Bag Slots. These are equivalent to the current expansion slots, but are always available and do not require unlocking.
  • Introduce a new gem store item that replaces the current bag slot expansion: the Premium Rune. This rune can be slotted into or removed from bags (similar to a glyph for tools). Its function is to make the bag equippable to a Premium slot. Without this rune, the bag can only be equipped to a regular slot.

The intended metaphor (though one is not required) is that characters can hold up to 5 bags of normal weight, and the premium-rune bags can be held in potentially greater quantities because the rune confers weightlessness to those bags.

I believe this is a 1:1 correspondence between the old Bag Slot Expansion, and the new Premium Rune, with the only difference being that the Premium Rune can be moved between characters, whereas the bag slot expansion cannot. It should also be possible to seamlessly transition from the old system to the new one: simply add a free Premium Rune to any bag currently occupying an expanded slot, and for any expansion slot that is currently not equipped with a bag, provide one free Rune via the mail system.

Yeah that's a nice suggestion dude, I've also struggled with this and I had to delete once or twice a character with several slot bag expansions. I asked if it was possible to have them refunded on another character but they didn't want to help me out with this. Since then, I never purchased the bag expansion anymore. It's silly that that it's bound to a single character, I agree with you. Yours seems also a nice way, but i'm sure they could come up with something to do it easily, but probably they don't want to do it. Maybe for money, but with me it's not gonna work. Not gonna spend gems anymore for this, intead if they would become flexible I'd gladly purchase some more.

Without having time to read a 2 year old thread, one quality of life change I'd like to see is an end to bags rewarding more bags. When I open something, I want to get my reward, not more bags to open. Opening a reward bag and having it reward you with another reward bag to open is not quality of life to me.

@CerealNumber.9348 said:Don't know if said already but I would love to have mount emotes, or maybe a way to trigger the existing mount idle animations but with an emote like /sit while on raptor would make it sit indefinitely.

Not a bad idea, actually.Throw mount naming together... might aswell that we're at it.

I want to name my Renegade's skyscale -Angelus.My Engineer's Jackal -Gigatech Wolf.

You get the idea.

Can we have 'Hold to Walk' hotkey?Many games have those hotkeys, and they have their charm. Right now we only have 'toggle run\walk' hotkey. For example i would like to have 'Hold to Walk' on Shift. But current toggle run\walk always activates when i switch language layout on keyboard (shift+alt) if it is set on shift key, forcing my character to walk. Little bit uncomfortable.

Also, again, request to add option to override outfit's helm with item's skin equipped in helm slot.

Consolidate all the seasonal portal scrolls and gem keypass under the inventory panel option.-Cursor scroll over (without clicking) to tome option to open folder;Cursor scroll over (without clicking) folder option to open sub folder option;Click destination to teleport;Move cursor out of folder boundary to close tome (without clicking).

Sigh, pvp and lack of balance. What a jokenet it is becoming. No wonder thousands of people have left this month. Its just pathetic and all the banned hackers are back. Wooo, should really permaban them but whatever, thousands more will leave over anet letting all the hackers back on the game. It just happend last week and everyone knows... I mean, you must think we are all stupid or something? They didnt even change names.

@Jimbru.6014 said:PLEASE give us some way to exchange unused item skins for Transmutation Charges. I have almost four tabs of my bank full of unused account-bound skins.

^^Alternatively make them salvageable, so we can salvage transmutator charges out of them. Min. 1, and up to 3 each piece.

Furthermore, purchased skins from Gem store should be free to apply.I bought a few skins from gem store and feel that I shouldn't have to use transmutator charges on top of it.