Reaper AFK farming is allowed I think

Selient.6018

@"Selient.6018" said:These players afk 24-7 as free farm and I have to do raids, fotm for gold.

One account with 69 chars makes less than 10g per day and it is creating gold which is affected by the 15% fee from the trading post. In raids and fractals you are creating gold out of thin air which is worse for the game if we are nitpicking. Also, with daily fractals alone you & I gain much more gold than such wood farmer in about the same time.

You can get (almost) everything in GW2 by gold and gold to gem to everything.

And? You get your gold by raids/fractals and they are chopping wood for it. That's absolutely fine since Arenanet created the game like this and that you can do different tasks to get some rewards.

These GM does not give a kitten and just reply like NPC.

Because it was told to you and others hundreds of times now: Players get sanctioned if they are reported and violating the game rules. If they are reported and don't violate game rules they won't get a punishment. Easy as it is.

Even though they are not botting, there is no official way to report it as "afk farm" which is not allowed by ANET.

And again: It is not AFK farm if they are replying to a GM that comes around and whispers to them.

I post this cuz I tried many ways to let GM know, and none gives a kitten.

They already know because the topic is not new to them. See above, they made clear statements of what is allowed and what not. You don't make the rules, they do and even if you feel this isn't right they won't change it because the issue is a non-issue for the game and only because there are a handful of players - that in addition predominantly have no real insights on botting - not liking those players they won't take action. Sorry to say but you have to accept that if you like it or not.

@Daddicus.6128 said:How can you set the game to restart your auto-attack once your target is dead? I know of no way to do it.

If I'm right, ANY second auto-attack is either a keystroke, mouse click, or automation. The first two are legal, since you can't do them unless your finger is active. The last is illegal.

Except we all know most AFK farmers are using things like minions to do the work for them, the auto attack feature is not cancelled it is purely an eggtimer recast, just like turrets, just like ranger pets... the actual character does nothing but stand there for days, weeks, months with the eggtimer relog or switch out for good measure when DR begins to show an interest.

There are players in Istan who have earned millions of karma and proportional amounts of volatile magic and T6 mats from hyenas, all unattended on multi accounts, while they continue with their normal activities on their main accounts. This is not insignificant; at minimum these players gain advantage in the market, which does in fact affect our ability to enjoy the game. Many of us do not enjoy a game that is ridden with this sort of thing. If you think this does not matter, why not allow unrestricted full time botting?

@Vince.1695 said:

@"Selient.6018" said:These players afk 24-7 as free farm and I have to do raids, fotm for gold.

One account with 69 chars makes less than 10g per day and it is creating gold which is affected by the 15% fee from the trading post. In raids and fractals you are creating gold out of thin air which is worse for the game if we are nitpicking. Also, with daily fractals alone you & I gain much more gold than such wood farmer in about the same time.

You can get (almost) everything in GW2 by gold and gold to gem to everything.

And? You get your gold by raids/fractals and they are chopping wood for it. That's absolutely fine since Arenanet created the game like this and that you can do different tasks to get some rewards.

These GM does not give a kitten and just reply like NPC.

Because it was told to you and others hundreds of times now: Players get sanctioned if they are reported and violating the game rules. If they are reported and don't violate game rules they won't get a punishment. Easy as it is.

Even though they are not botting, there is no official way to report it as "afk farm" which is not allowed by ANET.

And again: It is not AFK farm if they are replying to a GM that comes around and whispers to them.

I post this cuz I tried many ways to let GM know, and none gives a kitten.

They already know because the topic is not new to them. See above, they made clear statements of what is allowed and what not.
You don't make the rules, they do
and even if you feel this isn't right they won't change it because the issue is a non-issue for the game and only because there are a handful of players - that in addition predominantly have no real insights on botting - not liking those players they won't take action. Sorry to say but you have to accept that if you like it or not.

You do know that the trees reset an hour after you harvested them so you can harvest 23-24 times on each character a day right?

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@Daddicus.6128 said:How can you set the game to restart your auto-attack once your target is dead? I know of no way to do it.

If I'm right, ANY second auto-attack is either a keystroke, mouse click, or automation. The first two are legal, since you can't do them unless your finger is active. The last is illegal.

Set a skill that don't require a target as your auto, like a selfcentred AoE. Then the character will perform it as soon as it's off cooldown.

Cool! I didn't know that. (And, that means I've reported some people erroneously, too.)

Thank you!

@"Linken.6345" said:You do know that the trees reset an hour after you harvested them so you can harvest 23-24 times on each character a day right?

Yes, and you could also play SW for 24 hours a day.

We can discuss this topic back and forth till oblivion but it won't change Anet's mind because the effect is too little compared to the fact that we have maps like Tarir, Dragonfall and a SW meta that is up for over 4 years now where materials are generated in so much larger margins than the chopping. Those people are a drop in the bucket but I guess the complaints would only stop if Anet was revealing data. Even then I would expect people to claim: "But but but..."

@Hashberry.4510 said:This is not a big issue for vets, most of us realize Anet's solution is the loot shower. Newer players, who have not figured this out, are easily turned off by maps gone to afk farming. The optics stink.

I doubt that players leaving this game because they are watching some players afk or heavy farming. If someone is discouraged by those few individuals which are a total rarity and have no impact on playing the normal game he/she should head to look for professional help and maybe video gaming isn't for them.

@Vinceman.4572 said:

@Hashberry.4510 said:This is not a big issue for vets, most of us realize Anet's solution is the loot shower. Newer players, who have not figured this out, are easily turned off by maps gone to afk farming. The optics stink.

I doubt that players leaving this game because they are watching some players afk or heavy farming. If someone is discouraged by those few individuals which are a total rarity and have no impact on playing the normal game he/she should head to look for professional help and maybe video gaming isn't for them.

No need to insult these folks you know.

@Hashberry.4510 said:

No need to insult these folks you know.

It's no insult. If you're really negatively impressed by a couple of such players and have 50-60 levels played since (because those spots are in higher level areas) and then suddenly feel to stop playing or anything related I would look at myself and ask if I'm healthy.But I know where you want to go and it's not about having real arguments in this discussion more like an esoteric approach. So, it's pointless for me to discuss any further if you don't bring solid facts.

We need solid information to know if it's a bother.

How much gold/hr for dungeons (ignoring rare RNG drops) VS gold/hr necro-minion camping VS PaggaWP tree farming gold/hr. (btw, pagaWP tree farm can't be AFK farmed without a bot)

In my experience, active gameplay generates around 8(or more)g / hour if you stay busy. AFK farming probably is not near that amount.

Value per hour bothering forums and players about this issue - TBD.

@"keenedge.9675" said:We need solid information to know if it's a bother.

How much gold/hr for dungeons (ignoring rare RNG drops) VS gold/hr necro-minion camping VS PaggaWP tree farming gold/hr. (btw, pagaWP tree farm can't be AFK farmed without a bot)

In my experience, active gameplay generates around 8(or more)g / hour if you stay busy. AFK farming probably is not near that amount.

Value per hour bothering forums and players about this issue - TBD.

The gold/hr rate is not important because they can afk for 10+ hours everyday,and you can't do active farm for 10+ hours everyday.

nTIgrqI.pngThey still farming NOW after I post the first post for it.

@Selient.6018 said:The gold/hr rate is not important because they can afk for 10+ hours everyday,and you can't do active farm for 10+ hours everyday.

The rate is important because if it has no impact at all due to be heavily unrewarding. So, even 24/7 doing this will not disturb the market at all or resulting in a player becoming rich.

They still farming NOW after I post the first post for it.

Of course they do. It's an allowed method if you're reacting to a GM when he whispers you.

@Vinceman.4572 said:

@Selient.6018 said:The gold/hr rate is not important because they can afk for 10+ hours everyday,and you can't do active farm for 10+ hours everyday.

The rate is important because if it has no impact at all due to be heavily unrewarding. So, even 24/7 doing this will not disturb the market at all or resulting in a player becoming rich.

Of course they do. It's an allowed method if you're reacting to a GM when he whispers you.

You still don't understand.Some of them is not JUST AFK and farm,they cast skills on cooldown for 10+ hours,reply to GM? are you sure GM is doing their job?I don't think so.

@Selient.6018 said:reply to GM? are you sure GM is doing their job?

How do you know those players are not actually chatting with a GM at that very moment you see them? All chat with GMs is in whispers anyway. The way anti-botting works is that a GM tries to contact a player suspected of afk-botting and if they don't get a reply within a specific time frame then they will action the account. Do note that the GM needs to ask a few times over a period of time because it's normal for humans to go afk for some time (life happens) and it would be unreasonable to ban a player when they don't respond to a single whisper. It's not a fast process in order to avoid false bans. If you see the same players there a lot maybe they are going there and semi-afking while watching a movie on their second monitor. As long as they can reply to GM whispers there is nothing wrong about what they are doing.

@Vince.1695 said:

@altermaven.7385 said:Parking yourself and auto-skilling in a location that is of great benefit (whether it be farming specific mats) falls under being actionable. Just because it looks like nothing is being done about it doesn't mean it's OK. And yes, I know about diminishing returns in a zone -- still, doing this is an actionable offense.

See it, report it. And if the minions are being a bother trying to tag the offender, turn off NPC nameplates.

AFK farming, even if you aren't macroing, is considered botting.

Wrong!Wrong?

Yes, wrong because if players are responding to GMs they are not botting or AFK. And it's not on us players to decide that. You can report it but it doesn't change the fact: You don't have to decide what's allowed or not and what has to be sanctioned. The players are not the police, not per se and not per wish by Arenanet or anyone else.

If you're responding to GMs then you're not AFK. Which kinda defeats what I was saying. I'm sorry that I'm doing my part to at least tidy up the place and at least have actual people actually playing the game.

At this point I'm just not going to bother answering. The point is clearly missed. I have other things to do and it doesn't involve this forum or this game.

@Selient.6018 said:

You still don't understand.Some of them is not JUST AFK and farm,they cast skills on cooldown for 10+ hours,reply to GM? are you sure GM is doing their job?I don't think so.

Yes and you can do that to just set reaper greatsword 4 as auto attack and it will cast on cd for 10 hours. ( if your not moving or useing other skills)

@altermaven.7385 said:

@altermaven.7385 said:Parking yourself and auto-skilling in a location that is of great benefit (whether it be farming specific mats) falls under being actionable. Just because it looks like nothing is being done about it doesn't mean it's OK. And yes, I know about diminishing returns in a zone -- still, doing this is an actionable offense.

See it, report it. And if the minions are being a bother trying to tag the offender, turn off NPC nameplates.

AFK farming, even if you aren't macroing, is considered botting.

Wrong!Wrong?

Yes, wrong because if players are responding to GMs they are not botting or AFK. And it's not on us players to decide that. You can report it but it doesn't change the fact: You don't have to decide what's allowed or not and what has to be sanctioned. The players are not the police, not per se and not per wish by Arenanet or anyone else.

If you're responding to GMs then you're not AFK. Which kinda defeats what I was saying. I'm sorry that I'm doing my part to at least tidy up the place and at least have actual people actually playing the game.

At this point I'm just not going to bother answering. The point is clearly missed. I have other things to do and it doesn't involve this forum or this game.

You are doing your part but you dont know if the one your reporting is afk or not and never will since the gms wont whisper you

-We got one great reporting mate keep up the good work.

You can set any one skill on your bar to autocast. I believe the base keybond is Shift+Right click. If you select a non-targeting skill other than your #1 skill (or autoattack), it will keep reusing the skill off cooldown.

There are some events in the game where idling nearby does grant you credit and you can scoop up rewards without contributing; the shrines in Siren's Landing come to mind as a good example of this. At any given time, I see clusters of players AFKing in locations such as these, always present whenever I pass through the maps and always in the same exact spots, unmoving.

AFKing isn't a problem, but if these players are AFKing and setting a script to autoloot or autopurchase a reward from an event vendor, that's where the issue is.

The correct action, of course, is to report and move on.

I don't think devs are ignoring these people; it's possible (if unlikely) these players really are just AFK and not benefiting or exploiting in any way. It's not data we have access to and it's above our paygrade to worry about why people choose to park characters in the same spot for a million years instead of running around smacking moa birds with a stick like the rest of us.

Who cares?If they're using hacks/cheats or whatever, Anet is pretty on top of banning them. If they're just exploiting the terrain by AFK'ing a minion master to kill stuff, or AFKing to get auto-rewards... it hurts no one, and breaks no rules. Ignore them. If Anet doesn't like it, they'll change game mechanics to stop it.

@AgentMoore.9453 said:I don't think devs are ignoring these people; it's possible (if unlikely) these players really are just AFK and not benefiting or exploiting in any way. It's not data we have access to and it's above our paygrade to worry about why people choose to park characters in the same spot for a million years instead of running around smacking moa birds with a stick like the rest of us.

These player been afk here at least for 2 years, everyday.