QOL: Can you make Fumigate shoot straight across the ground by default regardless of camera angle?

Knighthonor.4061

Can you make Fumigate shoot straight across the ground by default regardless of camera angle?

Because I tend to have the camera at a slight downward angle when playing since this not any sort of FPS game. But this one skill will shoot into the ground while moving. Prefer if the Cone shot straight out across the ground from the character model instead of the camera angle.

@"Dawdler.8521" said:And blowtorch, which literally cannot hit people in front of you because it's aiming all over the place instead of at your target, or they are 1cm higher or lower than you are.

This is a general problem for cone fired AoE, not one with fumigate.

Not all of them probably, i just checked on firebrand tome skills and skill 1 is always a cone "shooted straight across the ground" no matter where you looking at. Anet could just do the same for other cone skills.

@Hynax.9536 said:

@"Dawdler.8521" said:And blowtorch, which literally cannot hit people in front of you because it's aiming all over the place instead of at your target, or they are 1cm higher or lower than you are.

This is a general problem for cone fired AoE, not one with fumigate.

Not all of them probably, i just checked on firebrand tome skills and skill 1 is always a cone "shooted straight across the ground" no matter where you looking at. Anet could just do the same for other cone skills.

Some professions just have the luxury of not being engineer I guess.

@cgMatt.5162 said:This would make it a lot slower to line up the cleanse tbh (and a huge nerf to support builds), and it also goes in the direction that you have a target selected (friendly targets also work), so best, fastest use would be to call target and take target when you need it.

Actually this isn't how it works. GW2 isn't a game where you target your allies on a support build. You'll likely have an enemy targeted, and fumigating allies while you have a target is HARD, because it tracks your enemies. Making it an objective frontal cone is better for lining up the cleanse assuming you have enemies around that you also need to keep an eye on.

@Chaith.8256 said:

@cgMatt.5162 said:This would make it a lot slower to line up the cleanse tbh (and a huge nerf to support builds), and it also goes in the direction that you have a target selected (friendly targets also work), so best, fastest use would be to call target and take target when you need it.

Actually this isn't how it works. GW2 isn't a game where you target your allies on a support build. You'll likely have an enemy targeted, and fumigating allies while you have a target is HARD, because it tracks your enemies. Making it an objective frontal cone is better for lining up the cleanse assuming you have enemies around that you also need to keep an eye on.

Pretty much. Every time I play a healer build, I have to stand behind my team (about 200-300 range) in order to do max cleanses or healing. If the target moves, I have to reposition to be behind them relative to the boss. And heaven forbid if you have the one guy who isn't stacked and running around like a maniac. It can be quite frustrating.

Bind combat cam somewhere easy to reach, it's awesome for med blasting and fumigating, allows you to spin to reach more allies even if you're rooted.

That one guy who is always at range is called "Legolas"Sometimes there's 2 :) The guys who stand in fire or don't dodge at all are also quite fascinating.

@Chaith.8256 said:

Actually this isn't how it works. GW2 isn't a game where you target your allies on a support build. You'll likely have an enemy targeted, and fumigating allies while you have a target is HARD, because it tracks your enemies. Making it an objective frontal cone is better for lining up the cleanse assuming you have enemies around that you also need to keep an eye on.Let me clarify: This helps WvW Support builds where targeting the enemy in a blob on full Minstrel for situations where people engage out of range or from stealth in reaction to a push is more useful than PvP or PvE. It's like how you'd use function gyro (pre-F5) to click on an ally in the party or squad UI where you need to be very aware of positioning relative to a target to cleanse everyone in between to get the most out of every tick. It's still faster to snap back to a target (friendly or enemy) with a keybind when adjusting the cone from any direction.

Edit: The OP suggestion will still be good as long as the targeting behaviour remains the same because it is objectively faster to keybind to target than it is to move your camera, click on the UI, or turn your character model. Whether or not you are targeting an enemy or ally is besides the point, but the cone fires in that direction (and turns character model while not moving) when something is targeted.