Did anyone notice that there was no mastery in the prologue?

EzLIghT.1354

@coso.9173 said:I got all pof másteres so easily. But I still lack core tyria and HoT ones...

How though?

Outside the Raid mastery which you dont even need, and the fractal mastery, the rest of them are pretty easily obtainable thought not all are useful. HOT require a ton of EXP though so i guess i can understand that one..

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@"Knighthonor.4061" said:I wonder if this Saga will have its own unique mastery points separate from LW4/PoF Mastery points. Because I been holding off on spending my last few PoF mastery points just in case something big gets added in this Saga that I want right away. Did the same for the Skyscale, which is how I was able to max out that mastery line as soon as I unlocked the mount.

We now have confirmation (from latest Guild Chat) that Icebrood Saga will use its own, new, mastery points!

Erghh..So now i can throw the desert points on the jungle points pile, and start a dust farm.Yeeeaaaayyyy

We will always get more points than are required. It's really a simple design choice - if the expectation is that most players should get all the options, you'll need extra points so being unable to get a few points don't block.

Yea, I know.i just wished I could spend them on something mundane, like a basic loot crate or something.Or consume the leftovers for like 1000 volatile magic or something.You know.. make them not completely dust-targets.Nothing that makes a person think "oh I need to have this mastery point" but just something mundane enough for people to open a little bag or something.. I dunno..just seems like a waste to me

@Dante.1763 said:

@coso.9173 said:I got all pof másteres so easily. But I still lack core tyria and HoT ones...

How though?

Outside the Raid mastery which you dont even need, and the fractal mastery, the rest of them are pretty easily obtainable thought not all are useful. HOT require a ton of EXP though so i guess i can understand that one..

maybe because i started playing a bit before HoT. so I never had a lot of time to do them. now even trying to get 1more level requires 4 million exp, and event only give 25.000 at most. so it's a LOT of events for 4 million.

@coso.9173 said:

How though?

maybe because i started playing a bit before HoT. so I never had a lot of time to do them. now even trying to get 1more level requires 4 million exp, and event only give 25.000 at most. so it's a LOT of events for 4 million.

Doing events is probably one of the more inefficient methods to gain XP. You can get a lot of XP from doing events that have a lot of enemies that give XP such as Dragon's Stand or the leather farm in Lake Doric (if people still do that one). You get even more with XP boosters.

@coso.9173 said:

How though?

Run boosters, any kind of EXP boost will decrease the time dramatically. In between events have a kill streak booster active, the amount of EXP you can gain from the random mobs around the zones is incredible(Mobs gain a exp bonus the longer they are alive from what i remember.)

When i leveled all my Core tyria masteries i did it all in fireheart rise. The events are fast, and the mobs are seldom touched so i was getting 9-10k bonus exp per kill with full boosters active.