Official Feedback Thread about Build and Equipment Templates

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Titan.8215 said:Why they ask for feedback or want to hear what player think if after that they just ignore it... After 2 weeks without any new response I doubt we'll get any news...

Who says they ignore it?It's possible they acknowledge it but don't deem it necessary to comment.

Not taking sides here. But not responding to feedback asked for, makes it look like they ignore it. Obviously not all ideas are good, and not all feedback is good, but Updates on whats going on based on the feedback given should be posted. ANET has a terrible policy about not discussing things going on in studio, its a shame cause it leads to people think they are being ignored.

(also, they unstickied the post, so that doesnt help anything either.)

@Asum.4960 said:

@"skoda.4619" said:It's funny when they said that build templates will bring more build diversity.

What it did for me is that:
  • i only use 1 template so i can use legendaries as i did before, which is better than using the new system.
  • I don't go to PvP because builds don't switch and it just made everything more annoying. Feels like i need to make a char specifically for PvP now.
  • and when i go to WvW i use PvE build because if i don't i will forget to switch and run around PvE with WvW build.

Yep build diversity. Before i played with 3 builds, now i play with 1 and i don't play PvP anymore.

Nice!

I went from 20+ Builds with Arc on multiple characters to only playing one class anymore with 3-4 builds, which I awkwardly have to juggle with the account wide slots, and constantly having to swap one of the gear loadout slots around, since I refuse to buy into this system at this price, especially per character.

I also had 3 more legendary Armors from all gamemodes in the making, which I already didn't really need since I already have some for all my most played/build diverse characters, which are now just straight up worse and more annoying than Ascended Gear (of which I have 5 bank tabs full of stacks), so all my ingame goals are void too.

So yea, went from enjoying many professions in all gamemodes with tons of variety to barely playing the game anymore, and when I do am generally annoyed and frustrated about the limitations and clunkyness compared to what the game was with Arc.

Even the two horrible weeks after Arc Templates got killed with no "Template" system at all were slightly better than it is now with Anet's "templates" in place, especially for multi gamemode play.

Good stuff.

This system is abysmal. Mistakes can happen, but the complete inability to engage with customers when a major mis-step has been made is extremely problematic.Shutting off debate is likely as damaging or more so than the system design failure.

In someways it doesn't really matter to me now. I've really enjoyed GW2 and love my characters, but after they introduced this awful system I've stopped playing, Path of Exile and mechwarrior have regained my attention so I'll just sadly leave it. Good luck fighting the fight guys and gals.

1. I want to store armor color and skins inside - so I can see the change and to be more "rogue like" on stealthy build, more "knight like" on tanky build etc. Also for legendary armor! I don't want to be forced to transmute every build change!
  2. I want auto remembering and switching for PvP and WvWvW. Come on now....
  3. I'd like template to be 1 WHOLE template - I don't want to ave separate trait and gear templates, its annoying for me. One whole template should cost around 400 gems.
  4. I'd like for changes I make during gameplay to not be saved if I do not click something like "save button". Some encounters (rarely) demand skills I never use outside of them (e.g. being a portal machine on some raids as mesmer). I do NOT want them saved.

Please fix this system. Game is really hard to play fi you used previous templates (not only free but working much better) - I had 8 builds in previous ones. Now if I play I just roam in open world on some random build, cause it's unplayable for someone like me.I will pay for it, but make it work like it's supposed to.... That's 4 wishes, it's not that much. It is probably work for like 3 developers for max 1-2 weeks...

Also why are you not responding Anet? People complained about this WAY before release even - where are the fixes and official response? Is it really that hard to communicate with players? Does anyone using multiple builds even tested the prototype - because it feels like no one did :/

If you can't fix it quick then please let use use Arc until you can, because right now it's hard to play the game even if I want to. I can only play open world as I'm stuck to 1 build...

@Titan.8215 said:Why they ask for feedback or want to hear what player think if after that they just ignore it... After 2 weeks without any new response I doubt we'll get any news...

Or, they could... like another game (ESO) does/did. They'd inform the player base of what their ideas are, what they're working on, etc etc, and build up excitement and expectation. Only for them to go back, change or completely discard their ideas time and time again.

No thank you, I'd rather Anet say what they've already said to us on this topic, and then refrain from any ambiguous statements until they have something concrete. Anet's communication policy isn't perfect, but it could be a lot worse. In this case any perceived communication problem is just as much due to the player-base being far too impatient.

You know what is said about instant gratification: It's never quick enough. It's only been two weeks since Stephane's comment, once again; these things take time. Players need to learn a little patience.

But honestly - does no one at Anet thinks what is comfortable for players and does not do prototype testing?Maybe they should give things like templates for free to test for players for X period of time (even if it's 2-4 months) - and then monetize them after they're approved by most of playerbase. Maybe they should give us IDEA (like drawings, paper prototype etc) how it is going to work long before they do the actual implementation and then they wouldn't waste so much time developing something that is completely not usable by any means.

Giving out paper prototypes and simple prototypes outside of the game is a common practise. Start doing it or letting us test in any way before you release and actually apply the feedback you're getting. Come on...I love GW2 but I feel like people doing some updates are not playing the game at all! I wonder if any person on GW team that did testing for templates actually has legendaries and is playing 6+ different builds, because it doesn't look like it. And this type of people are the people who need templates the most.

@Reverielle.3972 said:

Or, they could... like another game (ESO) does/did. They'd inform the player base of what their ideas are, what they're working on, etc etc, and build up excitement and expectation. Only for them to go back, change or completely discard their ideas
time and time again

No thank you, I'd rather Anet say what they've
already said to us on this topic
, and then refrain from any ambiguous statements until they have something concrete. Anet's communication policy isn't perfect, but it could be a lot worse. In this case any perceived communication problem is just as much due to the player-base being far too impatient.

You know what is said about instant gratification: It's never quick enough. It's only been two weeks since Stephane's comment, once again; these things take time. Players need to learn a little patience.

by the same token some things don't require much time to make decisions on for example if they were considering pricing changes they could communicate that, but realistically they will not roll back what they have done and they will not spend 10k in additional developer time to make changes so they could also communicate the fact that there are limitations on what they can do.

I know for a fact that everything that is being asked for will take hundreds of man hours to do and Anet won't spend that so they will leave this thread to allow people to get their frustrations out.

Personally I have made a decision to not buy gems again.

and I am not playing this game again until there is some sort of resolution that fixes the issues because at this point I am just tired.

so as this is a feedback thread here you go

1 rollback the changes2 make them account wide3 link build and equipment4 include a save button so they are actually templates5 remove build storage as it is unnecessary

@"Balthzar.3807" said:1 rollback the changes5 remove build storage as it is unnecessary

I believe those two things, as much as I want them too, will no longer be doable at this point. We'll have to get used to them. They should have asked players what system design they would like to see before they started developing it. Now it's too late.

What they could still do, though, is:

• completely remove the "auto-eject" feature from legendary gear (which has to go hand in hand with removing the "use upgrades on different items in different loadouts" feature, but that's okay)
  • memorize what stats you had selected for legendary upgrades even when the item they are attached to is being removed from loadouts and the equipment storage
  • add an option to save equipment loadouts as templates
  • add an option to save build loadouts as templates within the loadout (apart from the build storage to the left, i.e. in addition to it)
  • add an option to link builds to equipment loadouts
  • add more loadout slots
  • add more template storage slots
  • adjust the pricing

@Reverielle.3972 said:

@"Titan.8215" said:Why they ask for feedback or want to hear what player think if after that they just ignore it... After 2 weeks without any new response I doubt we'll get any news...

Or, they could... like another game (ESO) does/did. They'd inform the player base of what their ideas are, what they're working on, etc etc, and build up excitement and expectation. Only for them to go back, change or completely discard their ideas
time and time again

No thank you, I'd rather Anet say what they've
already said to us on this topic
, and then refrain from any ambiguous statements until they have something concrete. Anet's communication policy isn't perfect, but it could be a lot worse. In this case any perceived communication problem is just as much due to the player-base being far too impatient.

Main reason we want a response is due to how broken things are, there are so many bugs that it looks like they haven't done much QA testing.

Will it be fixed and when will it be fixed, there's so many issues, revenant completely broken, signets not having passive effects when swapping to a build with them, traits not taking effect, issues with mantras, that's just from the top of my head, there's many more.

It'd also be good to know whether issues with legendaries is how they intended it to be or is it something they "overlooked", tho i don't know how you can overlook something that brings longevity to the game, since ascended items drop like hotcakes.

And every day we don't have a response and they don't fix it, the more people spend gems on the feature (tho i'm sure that number is much lower than they expected, you can see that from the gold to gems price, it didn't really budge) harder and harder it'll be to roll back if roll back is necessary, but at this point it's on Anet to correct things even if at the end of the day it means refunding all those peoples gems to actually bring something that brings build diversity. What we have now is people playing less and just sticking with one game mode because implementation is so awkward to use. And as others mentioned a lot of people have decided not to spend gems till we know what the stance is, me included.

We have patience, but it's not gonna last forever.

Be ready to see constant flow of posts in this thread, because even if they decided to unsticky it we won't let it sink and be forgotten.

@BadHealer.3608 said:Well, I'm expecting the feedback from them before the next living story drops, like the promised. So not very long now.

Did they promise a reply before the episode?

I mean I wasn't expecting changes any time soon or even this year and sure a proper reply from Mike Z is weeks overdue, but I don't recall them saying they'd say something by a particular time

• ArenaNet Staff

Hi, everyone,

Thank you for all the constructive feedback you’ve provided about templates. We’ve spent a lot of time reading and discussing your thoughts, and we’ve identified a few updates we feel confident we can start working on.

Here are the pieces of feedback we’re currently working on addressing:• Automatically switching build and equipment templates when a character enters or exits PvP and WvW. We’ll need to make updates to this functionality to further integrate templates with PvP.• Ease of swapping legendary equipment between characters.• Greater flexibility when making experimental changes to templates.Because we have limited time to program, test, and implement these changes before the winter holidays, we’ll be able to give you a progress update early in the new year.

We’ll keep reading your feedback, so please continue to share your thoughts as you play with templates.Thank you!

@"Rubi Bayer.8493" said:Hi, everyone,

Thank you for all the constructive feedback you’ve provided about templates. We’ve spent a lot of time reading and discussing your thoughts, and we’ve identified a few updates we feel confident we can start working on.

Here are the pieces of feedback we’re currently working on addressing:• Automatically switching build and equipment templates when a character enters or exits PvP and WvW. We’ll need to make updates to this functionality to further integrate templates with PvP.• Ease of swapping legendary equipment between characters.• Greater flexibility when making experimental changes to templates.Because we have limited time to program, test, and implement these changes before the winter holidays, we’ll be able to give you a progress update early in the new year.

We’ll keep reading your feedback, so please continue to share your thoughts as you play with templates.Thank you!

You know, the automatic build switching in PvP and WvW existed in the game for years (maybe even since ever, I joined in 2015). It is beyond unexplainable that it was taken out, while supposedly adding extra functionality/feature. And now we have to wait till "early in the new year." Really?! How about you take the whole thing out, fix it, then put it back in the new year, instead of implementing something clearly was not ready? And ask us to wait..?!

@otto.5684 said:

@"Rubi Bayer.8493" said:Hi, everyone,

You know, the automatic build switching in PvP and WvW existed in the game for years (maybe even since ever, I joined in 2015). It is beyond unexplainable that it was taken out, while supposedly adding extra functionality/feature. And now we have to wait till "early in the new year." Really?! How about you take the whole thing out, fix it, then put it back in the new year, instead of implementing something clearly was not ready? And ask us to wait..?!

Who knows, but with the spaghetti code this game has, it may not be possible to do even that.