Please Give Chronomancer Wells A Rework. It Will Give A Green Light for Other Healers Too.

fatnorn.3065

This will improve the viability of the Chronomancer as a boon support class in endgame PvE and will give a green light to other healers besides Firebrand. I hope with this suggestion, it will really create a balanced gameplay by allowing other support professions to strive in the endgame and not just the Firebrigade duo.I personally think the Wells (formerly Gyro) rework to be a wonderful new mechanic for Scrappers.

1. I would like to suggest the same mechanic to be implemented on Chronomancer wells. (and Necromancer wells too while you're at it, just to be fair). Rather than placing it on the ground, it would be a wonderful mechanic if the Wells actually follows the Chronomancer (similar mechanic on Scrappers). That way, Chronos can distribute boons in a more user-friendly manner, particularly Alacrity, the same way Renegades do with 'Orders From Above'. This rework might considered to be a nerf to 'Gravity Well', but no harm done as most DPS and Boonshare Chronos are often in melee range anyway.

2. Please fix 'All's Well That Ends Well' from the Chronomancer traitline. Instead of making the wells heal allies when it ends, please enlarge the radius of the wells. It is absolutely redundant for the wells to heal allies when we would already have a healer in the party. The same way 'Righteous Rebel' from the Renegade traitline enlarges the 'Orders From Above' utility from 240 to 360. Please make 'All's Well That Ends Well' trait to do the same; enlarges the Chrono wells from 240 to 360.

3. Instead of the Chrono wells distributing boons when it ends, please rework the wells to distribute the boons as it pulses. That way, party members wouldn't have to waste time standing on our wells waiting for it to end.

That's all my suggestions. I am hoping that with these rework suggestions, other support roles will become more viable for players to pick and rely on and not just the Firebrigade duo. Other healers like Druid, Tempest, Scourge, etc will surely benefit from this rework as it will instantly make them more favored by most pick-up groups as long as it is paired with a Chronomancer.

While I generally agree with you on the idea of following wells, you still suggested some short sighted stuff:

1. World doesn't revolve around DPS and boonshare chronos in raids, buddy.
  2. No, dont do that. Thats like saying remove any boon given by any spell because "we have 25 might, fury, quickness" anyways. The game doesn't revolve around raids, you know that? It's a good trait. Don't.Also, you seem to want Chrono's to be renegade 2.0. Again, don't. Class diversity is good, should stay and honestly should be dived deeper into. GW2 classes are more and more becoming one grey blob of everything doing the same of everything.
  3. Again, dont just look at it only from a range perspective. Benefits on the end of the wells bring proper gameplay. Dont make everything "convenient" for raiding and 10 players standing on one spot afk for 6 minutes.

Please, can everyone that's suggesting changes to anything on these forums please take at least 5 minutes before posting to REALLY think about what they want to change and why.

@"Arien Geijtenbeek.7061" said:This will improve the viability of the Chronomancer as a boon support class in endgame PvE and will give a green light to other healers besides Firebrand. I hope with this suggestion, it will really create a balanced gameplay by allowing other support professions to strive in the endgame and not just the Firebrigade duo.As much as Kitty hates chronos still being somewhat go-to for many LFG raid squads, this time she needs to object to the nerfs you're suggesting.I personally think the Wells (formerly Gyro) rework to be a wonderful new mechanic for Scrappers.

1. I would like to suggest the same mechanic to be implemented on Chronomancer wells. (and Necromancer wells too while you're at it, just to be fair). Rather than placing it on the ground, it would be a wonderful mechanic if the Wells actually follows the Chronomancer (similar mechanic on Scrappers). That way, Chronos can distribute boons in a more user-friendly manner, particularly Alacrity, the same way Renegades do with 'Orders From Above'. This rework might considered to be a nerf to 'Gravity Well', but no harm done as most DPS and Boonshare Chronos are often in melee range anyway.A horrible idea as it'd kill chrono's tank ability at many raid bosses. Currently you can place the wells just so that they hit you and the squad on large hitbox bosses but if you changed them to chrono-centered like scrapper wells are, tank chrono would lose ability to boon properly at half of the bosses where you'd need a tank and since supports are the best option for stuff like baiting agony rings, chrono wouldn't be able to provide boons at bosses like Cairn. And chrono wouldn't be able to provide boons from range which is one of its big selling points atm. Gravity Well would also be totally ruined. Chronos and necros are better off with ranged wells while scrapper can have the melee well. Just gotta learn to position those wells properly on casters (which is one thing that makes a huge difference between good and bad chrono).
  2. Please fix 'All's Well That Ends Well' from the Chronomancer traitline. Instead of making the wells heal allies when it ends, please enlarge the radius of the wells. It is absolutely redundant for the wells to heal allies when we would already have a healer in the party. The same way 'Righteous Rebel' from the Renegade traitline enlarges the 'Orders From Above' utility from 240 to 360. Please make 'All's Well That Ends Well' trait to do the same; enlarges the Chrono wells from 240 to 360.And that would totally kill the already obscure build known as "heal chronomancer" since 1/3 of its heal output and all ranged heals are on wells. (2/3 coming from summoning clones with Illusionary Inspiration)
  3. Instead of the Chrono wells distributing boons when it ends, please rework the wells to distribute the boons as it pulses. That way, party members wouldn't have to waste time standing on our wells waiting for it to end.Chrono wells distributing boons when it ends allows people to walk into the wells to get boons and it's either their own mistake/chrono's bad well placement if they don't stand on the well when it pops. If you turned them into pulsing, people would usually miss the first or last pulses. If you've ever used Shadow Refuge for stealth on heal-thief, you know how bad this idea is. And it's not wasted time if the chrono positions the well where the squad will most likely be standing at when the well ends.That's all my suggestions. I am hoping that with these rework suggestions, other support roles will become more viable for players to pick and rely on and not just the Firebrigade duo. Other healers like Druid, Tempest, Scourge, etc will surely benefit from this rework as it will instantly make them more favored by most pick-up groups as long as it is paired with a Chronomancer.Sorry to say, but your suggestions would do the exact opposite.

...Kitty never thought she'd see the day when she'd be defending chronomancer like this.

@"DesiRe.1348" said:

1. World doesn't revolve around DPS and boonshare chronos in raids, buddy.Agreed. Though I have to point out I mentioned end game PvE and not particularly raids.

2. No, dont do that. Thats like saying remove any boon given by any spell because "we have 25 might, fury, quickness" anyways. The game doesn't revolve around raids, you know that? It's a good trait. Don't.

3. Again, dont just look at it only from a range perspective. Benefits on the end of the wells bring proper gameplay. Dont make everything "convenient" for raiding and 10 players standing on one spot afk for 6 minutes.Yes I agree with you on this one. Based on other people's feedbacks on my discussion from both this forum and other social media platform, I have decided to suggest something new which goes as follows; The Chronomancer wells would heal players by default and no longer by traitline. But the 'All's Well That Ends Well' remains changed based on my suggestion. The new 'All's Well That Ends Well' trait would change how the wells work according to my post suggestion with its healing benefits removed. That way, we players have freedom on which mechanics to pick for a more interactive gameplay. Want the wells to work like before, ranged and healing? Pick a different trait.

Overall, I humbly thank you for your imput. The feedbacks and opinions are very beneficial for this public discussion.

Please, can everyone that's suggesting changes to anything on these forums please take at least 5 minutes before posting to REALLY think about what they want to change and why.But I have to lecture you on this. When you enter the forums and you wish to create a thread. There is a button you should click. What does that button say, my dear?It says DISCUSSION. Meaning the community is free to post a DISCUSSION and everybody can discuss on a certain topic based on their perspective and brainstorm with it before everything comes into a single conclusion. People do not just take 5 minutes before posting something, they would spend half an hour to an hour, proofreading and making sure they have shared their suggestive points before other people can share theirs. If you want people to immediately post CONCLUSIONS, this is not the place. And we have no rights to do so as that would be the job for the developers of this game.Therefore, you WILL see posts and discussions that you may agree, and some you may not agree. That is the nature of this forum. People have rights to share their insights but you too, have rights to respectfully share yours.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Many thanks for your contribution to this discussion, @LadyKitty.6120 . I humbly agree with your feedbacks. If i may, I would like to point out few minor things.

@LadyKitty.6120 said:As much as Kitty hates chronos still being somewhat go-to for many LFG raid squads, this time she needs to object to the nerfs you're suggesting.I have mentioned Endgame PvE and not particularly raids. I am aware that raids and fractals are completely different hence, group composition differs. Im delighted to know chronos are still a go to profession for many LFGs, but i have to point out that things are not the same for Fractals.

In fractals, we Chronomancers are no longer preferred as people preferred the simplicity of alacrity distribution from renegades. But the drawback is the fact that renegades couldnt provide quickness the way Chronomancers can. Hence, the healer firebrand steps in to fill in the spot. And thus, healers like druid, tempests and scourges are also no longer preferred as they couldn't provide quickness. With Chronomancers being more efficient in giving both quickness and alacrity, people too, could benefit from Druids and their spirit buffs, Scourges and their barriers, and Tempests with their lethal blow mitigations from Rebound.

A horrible idea as it'd kill chrono's tank ability at many raid bosses. Currently you can place the wells just so that they hit you and the squad on large hitbox bosses but if you changed them to chrono-centered like scrapper wells are, tank chrono would lose ability to boon properly at half of the bosses where you'd need a tank and since supports are the best option for stuff like baiting agony rings, chrono wouldn't be able to provide boons at bosses like Cairn. And chrono wouldn't be able to provide boons from range which is one of its big selling points atm. Gravity Well would also be totally ruined. Chronos and necros are better off with ranged wells while scrapper can have the melee well. Just gotta learn to position those wells properly on casters (which is one thing that makes a huge difference between good and bad chrono).And that would totally kill the already obscure build known as "heal chronomancer" since 1/3 of its heal output and all ranged heals are on wells. (2/3 coming from summoning clones with Illusionary Inspiration)

I agree on this kitty, thank you for giving me the realization to this. As mentioned on my previous reply, based on other people's feedbacks on my discussion from both this forum and other social media platform, I have decided to suggest something new which goes as follows; The Chronomancer wells would heal players by default and no longer by traitline. But the 'All's Well That Ends Well' remains changed based on my suggestion. The new 'All's Well That Ends Well' trait would change how the wells work according to my post suggestion with its healing benefits removed. That way, we players have freedom on which mechanics to pick for a more interactive gameplay. Want the wells to work like before, ranged and healing? Pick a different trait.

Chrono wells distributing boons when it ends allows people to walk into the wells to get boons and it's either their own mistake/chrono's bad well placement if they don't stand on the well when it pops. If you turned them into pulsing, people would usually miss the first or last pulses. If you've ever used Shadow Refuge for stealth on heal-thief, you know how bad this idea is. And it's not wasted time if the chrono positions the well where the squad will most likely be standing at when the well ends.

A solid point really. Perhaps the boons will not pulse, but with the suggested 'All's Well That Ends Well' mechanic selected, it could work the same way support Scourges give barriers when they pick 'Harbinger Shroud'. It takes time before the wells distribute the boons to allies but in a larger radius around the Chronomancer. Without the suggested 'All's Well That Ends Well' trait being selected, everything remains unchanged and the wells would be ranged and heal allies by default.

Sorry to say, but your suggestions would do the exact opposite.

...Kitty never thought she'd see the day when she'd be defending chronomancer like this.

Sincerest apologies dear Kitty if my thread discussion made you feel that way. Being a dedicated Chronomancer in this game ever since the release of Heart of Thorns, I would never have intended to destroy the profession the way you assumed I would. I would want nothing more but to merely make my profession gameplay more enjoyable for other players. My initial plan of posting this discussion is to help cater what the community desired for smooth runs. People find renegades to give better alacrity than chronos. but they dont give quickness so thats when healer firebrand steps in, due to that, healers like druid arent preferred anymore. I just wanna make things fair for other dedicated healers out there to do their thing without persecution from elitists.

Nonetheless, I love your inputs, do share any more suggestions or points you have in mind for this discussion if there is any before this thread is closed. I look forward to your replies.