Looking for a developer response on raids and fractals

Brimstar.9036

@Linken.6345 said:You do know your only supposed to post on forum on 1 account right?

Hmm, maybe I am doing that, maybe I'm not. That's why I like the anonymous internet. ;)

@"Blocki.4931" said:You say that, completely ignoring that the one strike we got was intentionally super easy... Do you really think it won't get harder? It's still supposed to be a level between raids however.

Well, their statement was and I doubt it hasn't changed: "(T4) Fractals are the stepping stone to raids." and not Strike Missions. Strikes are more like an overall entry to instanced content and not "a level between raids".According to the latest info we got the essences will make players to be able to compete in smaller groups than 10 a.k.a. setting a self-restriction like players did themselves over the years with low-man speed running dungeons, fractals and raids.The focus on Strikes is pretty set in my opinion considering we are heading to a one year drought of a new fractal (Siren's Reef was released on January 8th!) and the last raid was a big disappointment for the target audience.For me it's just logical: Fractals need a lot of resources because you have a broader environment with "in between bosses" and trash mobs detached from the main story which means they have their own (so we're back at additional resources to be spent) and for raids it's the same with probably way more fine tuning and development.I just have no hope that there will be quality in terms of challenging content. Even if they make Strikes harder it's a cheap investment due to not having the charm, a special lore or an unique environment. Overall it costs less and can be shipped out in an ls time frame. Sorry, not buying it and they definitely won't satisfy the crowd that wants to have challenging content.

@ugrakarma.9416 said:PvP is much better end-game than raids

Yeah. Its old, well-known truth.When pvp is good then it don't force devs to work on it 24/7.Because you fight against real people there. And every opponent is different. This mode drives itself.While pve is never done. You can't keep pve endgame alive around old content.Doing old pve content over and over again is too boring. Pve is mainly about new content. Which must appear pretty fast to keep people interested.

And GW2 pvp is missing one simple thing: group queue in ranked games...AT's are fine but imo its not enough.

@Xar.6279 said:

@ugrakarma.9416 said:PvP is much better end-game than raids

Yeah. Its old, well-known truth.When pvp is good then it don't force devs to work on it 24/7.Because you fight against real people there. And every opponent is different. This mode drives itself.Except, of course, the point both of you are missing is that pvp is an endgame
for a very different group of players
. The hard truth is that most of the MMORPG players either do not pvp at all, or do it very casually. The number of players that would treat PvP as an endgame is relatively small in comparison.

Just look at GW1: the game that had a relatively good pvp environment and active pvp scene, and was even originally meant as a primarily pvp game with just a pve introduction/lobby. And in the end the pve players still vastly outnumbered the pvp ones.

So, no, in game like GW2, concentrating on pvp would not remove the necessity of constantly introducing new content for pve players at all. Now, that new content doesn't necessarily need to be raids or fractals - but that's a completely separate matter.

@Linken.6345 said:Dident they say that raids and fractals would come out when they are done and not tied to other release schedules?That's just another way to say that they will come out at a slower rate now than they did before.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Xar.6279 said:@Linken.6345 said:Dident they say that raids and fractals would come out when they are done and not tied to other release schedules?That's just another way to say that they will come out at a slower rate now than they did before.

While I fully agree, a thought did come to mind just now: this also means that they simply might not fit the release cadence of 2 months which was promised for the Saga, given how people would immediately complain that there was not a new fractal every 2 living world episodes.

In a way one also has to cut the developers some slack here IF they can stick with the 2 months living world schedule. Everything else we will have to wait and see.

@Xar.6279 said:Yeah. Its old, well-known truth.When pvp is good then it don't force devs to work on it 24/7.Because you fight against real people there. And every opponent is different. This mode drives itself.

Oh, the mode that has been dying since the game's release and currently is probably a lot more dead than raids/fractals? Sounds like a good idea. I have yet to see good and attractive MMO PvP, so I'll stick to shooters if I want to do PvP.

With regard to the topic, I don't expect to see any informative dev response. Unless Tuesday brings something very unexpected, I'll probably just reduce my GW2 activity by a lot - there's no new fun content and the old one is becoming, well, old.

@Nephalem.8921 said:yes no further development. less than maintenance mode probably so there is just nothing left outside of 1h story every 2months. This episode was 3/4 rp walking and listening aswell.

You're right. The game is cancelled. Has been years ago, actually. They stopped development sometime around 2014 if you ask me haha am I right guys can I get some Internet points for my acute observation??

@Blocki.4931 said:

@Nephalem.8921 said:yes no further development. less than maintenance mode probably so there is just nothing left outside of 1h story every 2months. This episode was 3/4 rp walking and listening aswell.

You're right. The game is cancelled. Has been years ago, actually. They stopped development sometime around 2014 if you ask me haha am I right guys can I get some Internet points for my acute observation??

You can stop your sarcastic tone. They said in the interview that no new fractals or raids are coming with the next few episodes. this means at least 6months without a fractal -> close to 1.5years without any new fractal sounds pretty dead. Thats almost expansion cadence for other mmos but gw never got fractals or dungeons with expansions to begin with.

@CptAurellian.9537 said:

@Xar.6279 said:Yeah. Its old, well-known truth.When pvp is good then it don't force devs to work on it 24/7.Because you fight against real people there. And every opponent is different. This mode drives itself.

Oh, the mode that has been dying since the game's release and currently is probably a lot more dead than raids/fractals? Sounds like a good idea. I have yet to see good and attractive MMO PvP, so I'll stick to shooters if I want to do PvP.

With regard to the topic, I don't expect to see any informative dev response. Unless Tuesday brings something very unexpected, I'll probably just reduce my GW2 activity by a lot - there's no new fun content and the old one is becoming, well, old.

What? Yes. I know what is the current state of PvP. Pro scene died around early 2017. But its still more alive than PvE. Because of AT's for example. How can PvP be more dead than fractal and raids since as we all know (since saga announcement) that this kind of content won't be releasing anymore.Gw2 was always about casual PvE. Since 2012. With a small exception from 2015 to ~2017. When they really tried to push raids so hard. But after w4 and w5 it was almost clear that they'll be slowly moving back to casual PvE in this game. And it just happened. As you can see GW2 PvE is focusing on story + strike missions atm.

Even if ArenaNet will focus on hardcore PvE content in the future again (what I doubt). Then I bet they will do it just for a while. Not for a long time.

The only chance for real endgame and challenges in this game are PvP oriented game modes.

@Xar.6279 said:

What? Yes. I know what is the current state of PvP. Pro scene died around early 2017. But its still more alive than PvE. Because of AT's for example. How can PvP be more dead than fractal and raids since as we all know (since saga announcement) that this kind of content won't be releasing anymore.Gw2 was always about casual PvE. Since 2012. With a small exception from 2015 to ~2017. When they really tried to push raids so hard. But after w4 and w5 it was almost clear that they'll be slowly moving back to casual PvE in this game. And it just happened. As you can see GW2 PvE is focusing on story + strike missions atm.

Even if ArenaNet will focus on hardcore PvE content in the future again (what I doubt). Then I bet they will do it just for a while. Not for a long time.

The only chance for real endgame and challenges in this game are PvP oriented game modes.

M8, in no way, no matter how you try to make those imaginary numbers work, is pvp been more popular in GW2 than PvE, ever.

While I disagree with the lack of attention to PvP and WvW, there is a fine line between delusion and reality here. PvE keeps this game alive, mostly casual open world pve. That was always the case, even when raids were higher in the developement cycle and priority and that remains to be the case. Source? -> the continued attention and development resource allocation.

If you want more attention for pvp/wvw, pray that the PvE content draws enough money so that some resources get devoted to PvP and WvW, because that's the only way you will ever see resources for those game modes.

@Nephalem.8921 said:

You can stop your sarcastic tone. They said in the interview that no new fractals or raids are coming with the next few episodes. this means at least 6months without a fractal -> close to 1.5years without any new fractal sounds pretty dead. Thats almost expansion cadence for other mmos but gw never got fractals or dungeons with expansions to begin with.

Where did they say no new fractal or raid with the next few episiodes, last I heard was fractals raids dont release with living story anymore, they are on a separate release cadeance so by that statement we could get a raid/fractal 1 or 2 weeks from now.

@"Linken.6345" said:Where did they say no new fractal or raid with the next few episiodes, last I heard was fractals raids dont release with living story anymore, they are on a separate release cadeance so by that statement we could get a raid/fractal 1 or 2 weeks from now.

They said in an interview that: "Nothing is off the table, but you shouldnt expect them in the next couple of episodes."

https://www.buffed.de/Guild-Wars-2-Spiel-17072/Specials/Gefluester-im-Dunkeln-Preview-1337393/

Not sure if there is an english source.