Light puzzle completions in Bjora Marches not counting for the meta

Completing the light puzzles in Bjora Marches is not updating or counting for the meta even though they are listed for the meta. Also, I had to complete 3 of them twice to get the achievement for each one. In other words, I got the Luminary achievement before I got the achievement for each puzzle.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ArenaNet Staff

There are two achievements associated with those: the individual, "Light the [area]" achievement, and the collective, "Luminary" achievement. The individual ones are daily achievements and reset at the same time as other dailies. The "Luminary" achievement does not reset and tracks if you have ever done the individual achievements.

@"Keaven Freeman.6157" said:There are two achievements associated with those: the individual, "Light the [area]" achievement, and the collective, "Luminary" achievement. The individual ones are daily achievements and reset at the same time as other dailies. The "Luminary" achievement does not reset and tracks if you have ever done the individual achievements.

The one in the Southern Mountains doesnt seem to work, the 2nd mirror seems to be in the wrong place, no matter what setting i have the mirror at the light just stops, and will not bounce at all, its hitting the frame of the mirror.

@"Unholey.3264" said:They definitely all work. I had just made another thread about this a couple minutes ago before seeing Keavan's response. I thought they got rolled back but like he said apparently they just reset daily. https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/92534/most-recent-patch-caused-rollback#latest

I cannot get it to work at all, the 2nd mirror doesnt bounce the light, it just stops dead on it no matter what position the mirror is in, this is the first time ive tried this achievement aswell.

@"Keaven Freeman.6157" said:There are two achievements associated with those: the individual, "Light the [area]" achievement, and the collective, "Luminary" achievement. The individual ones are daily achievements and reset at the same time as other dailies. The "Luminary" achievement does not reset and tracks if you have ever done the individual achievements.

I did all 4 Lighting the X achievements, got the Luminary title, but the Asgeir one, Lighting the Legacy is now grayed out like I didnt do itProof: https://imgur.com/a/YA5vtbK

@Ayrilana.1396 said:What's the point of them resetting daily if you don't get any AP from them nor any other reward?

There are 5 different achievements - 9 AP in total that you get for doing all of them, and each of them give a chest with minor rewards at the end, which you can only open for about 15 seconds while you have a certain buff on your bar.

• ArenaNet Staff

@Ceriph.3518 said:

@"Keaven Freeman.6157" said:There are two achievements associated with those: the individual, "Light the [area]" achievement, and the collective, "Luminary" achievement. The individual ones are daily achievements and reset at the same time as other dailies. The "Luminary" achievement does
not
reset and tracks if you have
ever
done the individual achievements.

I did all 4 Lighting the X achievements, got the Luminary title, but the Asgeir one, Lighting the Legacy is now grayed out like I didnt do itProof:

As I said, the individual "Lighting the [area]" achievements reset at the daily-reset time. Therefore, they will display in the achievement panel as not done. However, this does not reset the meta tracking of ever having completed these achievements. The "Luminary" achievement (which tracks the completion of all the light puzzles), and the "Whisper in the Dark Mastery" achievement (which tracks the completion of all episode achievements) do not clear your record of ever having competed these "Lighting the [area]" achievements because they mark off that you've done it at least once.

@Miss Lana.5276 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:What's the point of them resetting daily if you don't get any AP from them nor any other reward?

There are 5 different achievements - 9 AP in total that you get for doing all of them, and each of them give a chest with minor rewards at the end, which you can only open for about 15 seconds while you have a certain buff on your bar.

I'm talking about the achievements, not the chests. Unless the achievement not being completed is a prerequisite for doing the puzzles and opening the chest, I don't see a point for them resetting. Even more so as the chest really isn't any different than those from jumping puzzles, mini dungeons, post-HoT hearts, or even the PoF hero points, which makes it seem like an odd design choice.

• ArenaNet Staff

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

I'm talking about the achievements, not the chests. Unless the achievement not being completed is a prerequisite for doing the puzzles and opening the chest, I don't see a point for them resetting. Even more so as the chest really isn't any different than those from jumping puzzles, mini dungeons, post-HoT hearts, or even the PoF hero points, which makes it seem like an odd design choice.

You don't get the chest if you've already done the puzzle that day, correct. I didn't decide what to put in the chests at the end of the light puzzles, so I can't speak to why they give out what they do, but the chests were always intended to be daily reward chests.

@Keaven Freeman.6157 said:

You don't get the chest if you've already done the puzzle that day, correct. I didn't decide what to put in the chests at the end of the light puzzles, so I can't speak to why they give out what they do, but the chests were always intended to be daily reward chests.

Just did two of the puzzles after the daily reset and the chests were still open. The second the first orb hit the shrine, the rest of the orbs disappeared. All achievements did reset. Are the chests themselves on a 24 hour cool down?

Edit: I did the southern and forest ones.

We're are talking about achievements here, not the chests.

• Lighting the Forest (1AP).
  • Lighting the Frozen Pass (1AP).
  • Lighting the Legacy (1AP).
  • Lighting the Mountains (1AP).

The problem here is that they give us APs and then reset, making us jump from +4APs to -4APs on reset.I bet this was not intended and it's a bug, either make the achievements not resetting or remove the APs from them to avoid confusion.

@signarokkaos.4035 said:

@signarokkaos.4035 said:Is the idea of the AP that you lose 4 Ap daily ? I can understand daily achievement but losing 4 ap each day doesnt make sense.

You don't lose AP.

I lost 4 ap at reset then gained 4 back.

Did you notice any doubling of AP? Like I did one of the puzzles again and got the achievement and got 1 AP again. Changed maps and now I have 2 AP instead of one (achievement still only states 1). Have only done daily stuff so far today so no new AP to gain otherwise.

The achievement panel does not really differentiate those achievements from other one time completable achievements, and on top of that they each give 1 AP which is lost upon reset, so the whole system is acting a bit weird.

EIther make those into the daily category and make them 0 AP, or make them into repeatable achievements would be a better UI display.

I can verify that the chest themselves are on a 24-ish cool down.

As far as losing AP when the achievements reset, I believe this to be false. I just completed one of the achievements again and received no AP. Just because it says 1AP doesn't mean that you're losing 1AP when they reset.

I re-logged into the map and gained 1AP. Looks like something is going on in regards to that.

@Keaven Freeman.6157 said:

@Keaven Freeman.6157 said:There are two achievements associated with those: the individual, "Light the [area]" achievement, and the collective, "Luminary" achievement. The individual ones are daily achievements and reset at the same time as other dailies. The "Luminary" achievement does
not
reset and tracks if you have
ever
done the individual achievements.

I did all 4 Lighting the X achievements, got the Luminary title, but the Asgeir one, Lighting the Legacy is now grayed out like I didnt do itProof:

As I said, the individual "Lighting the [area]" achievements reset at the daily-reset time. Therefore, they will display in the achievement panel as not done. However, this
does not
reset the meta tracking of
ever
having completed these achievements. The "Luminary" achievement (which tracks the completion of all the light puzzles), and the "Whisper in the Dark Mastery" achievement (which tracks the completion of all episode achievements) do not clear your record of ever having competed these "Lighting the [area]" achievements because they mark off that you've done it at least once.

In the "Whisper in the Dark Mastery" achievement, they were marked as incomplete for me. Also, I see potential abuse with those AP being added and subtracted to get achievement chests and such.