Tweaks have made it so the weapon is actually as good on it's own without having to rely so much on an off-hand, increased diversity for Revenants.
- Duelist Preparation needs to be brought back into the mix ahead of Shackling Waves and work like Counterattack from Ranger Greatsword, putting the simple gameplay and damage down significantly, providing some sustain without losing any of that damage. Taking out the "Must rush and jump only on everyone at once." type of mentality, we have Deathstrike for that.
- Deathstrike needs to be slowed down slightly and have it's effects rolled back. This drastically nerfed Jalis stance because the conditions were used to cover Weakness, now Power Shiro/Dwarf is almost useless to play compared Condition Mallyx/Jalis. Chill and Slow were also there to make the final hit possible and less risky, now it's clunky and still missing sometime but the fast skill also often desync which makes evading it stupidly clunky as the old one usually had the player moving to update with the first hit. Also it's common that Deathstrike is used with Phase Traversal, Quickness compensates for how usually slow the skill was compared to the past, which now is really stupid fast.
- Quickness needs to affect Echoing Eruption, it's one of the main damage output that cannot be helped which is already quite telegraphed. Leaps like Weaver and Holosmith already can be sped up, so this is no limitation whatsoever. Note: Only affect the animation, the actually hits should be the same speed as they spread out.
It's perfect, it hits that sweet spot where you can make it work with pretty much anything but also exceeds at what it's meant to do. In PvP/WvW it's not really much of a condition weapon, but it works.
It's in a great spot with the changes it's got, I know a lot of people got upset at the changes to the 2nd skill, I did too but this makes the whole weapon less trivial as well as adding value to the 5th skill, balancing it for already how strong it is and Revenant has a whole having so many accessible CC's. The 3rd skill was also no exception, extremely strong before, now there's some actual input to it.
- 5th Skill to do the same amount of damage as 2 and 3 in PvE.
- RESTORE THE OLD TARGETING FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. The PvP/WvW damage nerfs were /fine/ but making it dysfunctional is not, registry has a LOT of issues. Fix the sound too and lower it's cooldown to 8 seconds, no reason to be so high when everything else besides it just as strong and easier to land.
- Spirit Boon resistance was nerfed wrongly, 1 second is not enough to play without Demonic Defiance. Make it 2 seconds again.
- Incensed Response needed to be nerfed, I agree with Anet's reasoning, but not like this. Roll back the nerf and either reduce the Might Duration or the amount of Might gained. Do it for WvW as well, not just PvP, the synergy is broken on Herald, that's it. Otherwise it's useless.
- Charged Mists requirements are too high and makes it purely a PvE trait until the required energy is increased to 20-25, it's already hard enough to keep the energy low while being effective and stunbreaking at the same time, traits should work together not against each other. If you really want to make it casual, have no requirement at all and just grant 25 energy on legend swap in combat, players are giving up on instant invoking effects/critical chance for this, it wouldn't break balance at all.
- Roiling Mists was nerfed along many things, including Incensed Response which was too much, it hit Core Revenant greatly and not so much for Herald nor Renegade. It needs to be brought back the way it was.
Good changes were made, there's not much to talk about.
- Demonic Defiance is weak and better off reworked as something else such as gaining health off every different conditions applied to like the older Replenishing Despair however without an ICD, given Empowered Misery gets the changes it deserves.
- Permeating Pestilence added delay is a good idea for counter play, but lowering it to 2 is a bit excessive. Rarely are proper conditions transferred now, this needs to be 3.
- Fiendish Tenacity was broken and yet not nerfed properly, it shouldn't give Resistance at all, only improve it with the healing factor, that's why you need to restore the old durations on the other skills so Revenant doesn't have to invest so much in what is so little. Game was fine before those traits were introduced, clearly it became a problem after this one appeared.
- Close Quarters is a very low bonus to trade off Planar Protection, considering it destroy projectiles at range, it applies Weakness at close. Make the trait damage reduction distance based and up to 20% from the furthest which would be more reasonable given that there's nothing to gain from being "Close Quarters" with it.
- Spiritual Reckoning ICD is high for how short the boon is. Either increase the boon duration to 5 seconds or Reduce the ICD to 5 seconds. Preferably the ICD would be better for the uniformity of most traits Revenant have.
- Eye for an Eye Might is not great, asking for Revenants to be stunbreaking is a big loss of damage that Might won't compensate for and so should be 5 seconds of Retaliation instead because most Revenant stunbreaks take time and leave great exposure of the player by the exception of Riposting Shadows, the trait really has to be godly to justify not taking Dwarven Battle Training, this would make it compete with it. In fact, even Retaliatory Evasion is considerably better because evading the CC is more rewarding. If players really care about Might, Vicious Reprisal is a thing and will grant the same amount of Might overtime with said boon.
- Versed in Stone the toughness benefit in PvP is too low, should be at least as high as Armored Attack like on Warrior.
- Steadfast Rejuvenation is being nerfed way too much, it's first state was already weaker than Versed in Stone in skillful practice, making the trait irrelevant won't change people's mentality over healing.
This traitline is actually good and fairly varied, the only problem is orbs. Please Anet, either rework the traits based on orbs altogether or make the orbs track players. There's too much visual clutter or RNG to make it viable. Fragments are already random enough, strange to also not have self increased healing but that's probably fair given how that goes with bunkers.
Skills / Stances
Very good addition that contributes in keeping Revenant relevant in the game, it wouldn't be the same without it since it was extremely hard to play otherwise. There's just this one bug with Versed in Stone not counting towards Rite of the Great Dwarf from Ancient Echo which really needs to be fixed, considering how often it's used. For both Shiro and Ventari it would be very useful to work accordingly.
- Project Tranquility should "tether" the Tablet and "follow" the player until Ventari's Will is used where manual control is took until Energy Expulsion is used to reset it back to tether. This is an important change that needs to be looked into with how clunky it is to handle, have the players will lose the benefits of using anything that relates to a healing skill such as Blindness from Blinding Truths or runes that provide extra benefits from using it often, it balances the playstyle out.
- Purifying Essence absolutely needs to be a stunbreak, make it happen so that the legend can finally step out of the Glint/Jalis combo's, it sucks to be so limited. There is too much CC in the game to say that one legend should not have one. Even if the Tablet can be handled while stunned among other things, the pressure is too great, Ventari bonuses are all outgoing, there's nothing to recover from a stunlock the moment a whole entire zerg decides to focus the user entering the stance. While at it, an additional condition for a total of 4 and 30 energy to unify around the other stunbreak skills.
- Empowering Misery needs to have Resistance as baseline without trait, it's such a ridiculous idea to ask players having many conditions on them to quickly lose everything again. Runes don't replace the trait for the skill as poison is still effective with 'em. The trait is mandatory which is bad, it's only picked up because without it the healing becomes extremely expensive with Pain Absorption that is a /team/ oriented skill, not solo. Even with 1 second, it'll be greatly buffed after all the nerfs Resistance has got. As a notice, if you're not going to change this, at least bring back Spirit Boon to it's original duration, this one was actually good enough to allow Mallyx players playing differently.
- Soothing Stone should grant 586 (0.15) Barrier per condition removed. Rewarding well timed uses of it rather than barely surviving under pressure. Post about it here https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/89103/soothing-stone-is-out-of-date#latest
- Inspiring Reinforcement was overnerfed, sure you can nerf the duration per pulse, however it's cooldown should have remained untouched and it's initial Stability always had 2 seconds because of the delay in between pulses, currently there's a gaping hole in between the initial and pulses which is really bad for Revenant. If anything bring back 2 seconds and make pulses occur every 2 seconds, that'll nerf it right to be counterable with 2 CC's over all professions rather than those which can inflict them quickly at also the benefit of not losing Stability right away for not standing in the road like before however at a lesser degree.
- Rite of the Great Dwarf already went over that on https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/87579/rite-of-the-great-dwarf-its-time-to-put-it-in-line-with-the-other-skills#latest as td;lr, the casting takes too long and ruins the flow. A buff to 1 second or even ¾ cast time would fine tune the legend to perfection with it's abilities because in a whole second a lot can happen already, Revenant doesn't need to be so telegraphed.
- Envoy of Exuberance is.. Alright, but please make the hitbox bigger, move faster as well as fixing Aegis blocking the skill.. Also the sending/returning energy to grant Protection consistently from to teammates/users, it has potent uses but those needs to be polished.
- Crystal Hybernation with such a big root might as well maybe make blocking 4 seconds, just like the same amount of pulses (Not sure on that one). Those pulses should also affect allies in a radius of 360, make Herald be more support oriented so that most can finally stop complaining at how selfish of a skill it is even though there's many like it in the game.
- Core Value needs to also improve passives by around 50%. It's a weaker choice otherwise.
- Facet of Nature—Assassin Life Steal Damage: 80 (0.0666) and Life Steal Healing: 128 (0.0333), given this would make it also more effective for teammates since it uses the affected player's power/healing power and not the Herald's.
- Facet of Nature—Centaur heals for 707 every 3 seconds.
- Facet of Nature—Demon transfers 2 conditions every 3 seconds.
- Facet of Nature—Dwarf gives 15% damage reduction.
- Facet of Nature—Dragon gives +30% boon duration.
- Elevated Compassion should heal up to 5 (Capped) times the amount based on the number of boons granted just like Resilient Spirit except to teammates only.
- Draconic Echo needs it's pulses reduced to one, restore Facet of Chaos protection and leave it alone.
- True Nature is the best change Herald has seen in it's entire existence, I'm very glad Anet has done it but that nerf on Assassin for the radius is terrible, just remove the damage and restore the radius on it. Keep things uniform please. Edit: Reduce the upkeep to 2 across all game modes, 3 is too much to make the player want to keep it's passive for a while in PvP/WvW.
- True Nature—Demon is extremely low risk high reward in it's current state, the radius is too big and should be comparable to True Nature—Assassin, finally conditions are removed even if no targets are around which is extremely unfair compared the high risk medium reward of Permeating Pestilence. This would easily tone down the complains about Herald Condition being too strong. There is a very small tell by itself already for this skill too.
- Infuse Light is a strange one, given that it can be instant casted if prepared. It seems like it would be better off as a similar anti-burst like Warrior's Endure Pain at 2 seconds of effective time, but have it's base healing increased to compensate. 3 seconds really favors conditions and AoE damage sucking and that can be very unhealthy. I do believe this facet should have a comparable cast time to Empowering Misery, being currently low makes the skill too versatile, lack of commitment and easy to fall back on, players should be rewarded for the preparation and plays over the upkeep, not use the Legend like it's half a Warrior. Even if it can be read on the status bar, it's the trade off for having it at instant disposal for instant healing. That said, it'll be justified to keep it's toxic ability to free heal in big team fights.
- Gaze of Darkness changes are great, even though it was bugged for a while. The radius increase is quite welcomed but if the Revealed cannot be applied unless the foe is in stealth, I and most people would agree that they'd prefer the old one because prevention does a lot more than just hoping to time it right as Stealth is used, people can evade it. Also please, decrease it's cooldown to 20 seconds, 25 is too much and it makes the legend unable to keep up compared core legends. It'll make more sense if Infuse Light gets nerfed properly too.
- Chaotic Release is an odd one, but it does deserve a lower cooldown at 30 to 25 seconds. Most core legends have more, reliable CC's that are not as costly. Again revert the protection nerf, it's unwarranted and ruins uniformity with the skills. Tackle Draconic Echo instead and reduce it's pulse to only only one in PvP/WvW, the nerf on protection is also terrible and non sensical, revert that. It'll also make more sense if Infuse Light gets nerfed properly.
- Bloodbane Path increase the hitbox and velocity of the projectiles so that they consistently hit on targets that are idling on different slops. I can understand the meaning of having to hit a target that isn't moving, but missing even when standing still sometimes? That is not really nice.
- Sevenshot needs to be a beautiful circle of arrow that projects in a concentrated dot in front of the player rather than forcing the player to have the perfect distance, timing and accuracy to land full damage while it's cool looking but a worthless design at any range that doesn't respect it. The new changes work great too, but the skill is definitely too good now, should the cooldown be 10 seconds. Nerfed co-efficient to be similar over Deathstrike is good, honestly it's still a tiny bit too high.
- Spiritcrush directional requirement is terrible, there shouldn't be a need for line of sight when arrows are shot strategically in a portal regardless. Bloodbane Path doesn't so why this one? A small cooldown increase to 10 seconds might also balance the shortbow better since it's really good with the new Sevenshot.
- Scorchrazor increase in CD does well for balancing it, but still clunky with it's influence on movement, should be fixed.
The traits are balanced and have trade offs, shouldn't have to change them.
Soulcleave's Summit needs to STOP being nerfed in numbers for PvP and should be fixed properly by adding 0.25 intervals per hit while making sure the original values are restored.
Citadel Bombardment cooldown is the only one that stands out as why is it even so high in PvP/WvW? Should be the same that PvE has, the ordnance is pretty RNG and players have a rather small hitbox.
Hitting the nerfs in the right place with the wrong values, better can be done. The attempts at toning down Resistance were very bad, forcing players to take every traits to achieve not even half of what was possible shows it, it was fine until the new trait was introduced, it's clear what the problem was. Hammer has been useless for an awful long time and it's not because of the stats or cooldowns, the skill FAILS to hit more than not. Just bring back the old one with uniform damage and 8 seconds CD then be done with it.
Edit: Added Facet of Nature 22 Nov. 2019
Edit: Added Ancient Echo 7 Dec. 2019
Edit: Added Elevated Compassion 12 Dec. 2019
Edit: Reflected on the new changes 27 Jul. 2020
Edit: Reflected on the new changes 22 Dec. 2020
Edit: Some changes on Infuse Light and Mace 31 Dec. 2020
Willing to help with anything Revenant related.