Opinions On Infusion Stat Choice

Despond.2174

I thought this would be an easy decision but now I am not so sure.

Basically I have quite a few ascended sets and a perma upgrade extractor. I do open world, T4 fractal dailies, spvp and wvw dailies. Now obviously outside of fractals, I want to get a full 18 set of+5 stat infusions from the WVW vendor. Now while the badges of honor is fine the laurels are limited so I was trying to think of the best universal stat. I am always swapping profs, build types over different content so my first thought was Vitality.

I was then thinking maybe crit since that can technically help some condi builds too instead and that hesitation made me delay my decision. I ;d pref to to buy more than 1 set so given I can freely change these +5s into whatever I am choosing to play I am LEANING towards +90 vit, which is roughly about 1k life.

I realize it's a marginal difference but I do really only want to invest into 1 stat type. I mean the only other option is maybe settle for 2 non fractal sets, get a +90power and a +90condi. I mean that could also help in raids too. That would cost 180 laurels and about 5k badges though. What are your thoughts/suggestions?

https://metabattle.com/

+5 Vitality is not a good choice. Please check the meta builds and you will see that +5 Power is the best choice for Power builds, +5 Condition and (sometimes) +5 Expertise for Condition builds, +5 Healing for support builds. There is rarely anything better than those choices, so don't waste your Laurels on Vitality infusions. (Crit chance is usually manipulated via gear and builds.) If you feel like you don't have enough Vitality, a few Marauder trinkets should solve the problem on Power based builds.

@Despond.2174 said:I do open world

No reason to get infusions for this content.

T4 fractal dailies

WvW infusions are useless for this content.

spvp

This game mode makes no use of infusions or gear.

and wvw dailies

As in you only do the dailies and don't play the mode? Then again, no reason to get infusions.

The WvW infusions have 2 places they are useful in:

• WvW
  • PvE raids

That's it. Given how many WvW builds go for either toughness (for squad builds) or sets with some vitality splashed in (marauder), you really don't want to be using these sets for raiding. The vast majority of raid bosses currently favor power builds, so power infusions would provide the biggest benefit for raiding (and are not totally useless on condi builds).

As far as constantly removing infusions an putting them in other gear, at 24 silver per infusions extractor, that comes out to 3g36s (14 infusion extractors x 24 silver) each time you remove the infusions (on top of the constant hassle). Are you absolutely sure you want to go down that road?

@Cyninja.2954 said:As far as constantly removing infusions an putting them in other gear, at 24 silver per infusions extractor, that comes out to 3g36s (14 infusion extractors x 24 silver) each time you remove the infusions (on top of the constant hassle). Are you absolutely sure you want to go down that road?

Perhaps they own an Endless Upgrade Extractor. :)

In any case, of course you are right that they have to make a smart choice between WvW and Fractal infusion, or get a set of both if they really play WvW, Fractals and Raids.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:As far as constantly removing infusions an putting them in other gear, at 24 silver per infusions extractor, that comes out to 3g36s (14 infusion extractors x 24 silver) each time you remove the infusions (on top of the constant hassle). Are you absolutely sure you want to go down that road?

Perhaps they own an Endless Upgrade Extractor. :)

In any case, of course you are right that they have to make a smart choice between WvW and Fractal infusion, or get a set of both if they really play WvW, Fractals and Raids.

True, had not thought of that one. Good catch.

I guess that would make wvw infusions slightly more interesting for general pve. Still, as someone who has taken WvW infusions for some pve raid characters. It's not something I would recommend or find useful. My favorit WvW characters do have a full set in their gear for WvW.

Thank you for the feedback everyone. When I said WvW infusions I just meant from that vendor since they are +5 not +4 like the pure laurel ones - not that I wanted infusions just for WVW. I was trying to figure out some all purpose set.

It's one of the main reasons I haven't pulled the trigger on the expensive agony set, since I like to play different builds/profs all the time and not get stuck with one. Sure I have my favorites but some weeks I'll just play a different build all together.

I am glad I made this thread because I decided I will get a +5 power and +5 condi set and skip just getting 1 set of vit like I nearly did yesterday - I would have regretted that choice.

Like I mentioned before obviously non-agony +90stats isn't compulsory for open world/wvw/raids where it's only usable but I do have laurels saved up and with the endless extractor now it's quite convenient since I play so many alts to just swap over infusions/runes/sigils among all their different mode sets etc. That little bit of progression is still nice after all these years.

Infusions aren't exactly useful outside of fractals, raids and World vs. World. The only thing you'll want for fractals esp. if you're pushing higher levels is anything bundled with +Agony resist. But you can use influsions to complement your gear if you're open world. +Power if you're running a power setup. +Condi if you're running condition damage. Anything else should be already based on your gear, runes and sigils.

And you were wise not to get +vitality. Skritt recommends against getting these.

@altermaven.7385 said:Infusions aren't exactly useful outside of fractals, raids and World vs. World. The only thing you'll want for fractals esp. if you're pushing higher levels is anything bundled with +Agony resist. But you can use influsions to complement your gear if you're open world. +Power if you're running a power setup. +Condi if you're running condition damage. Anything else should be already based on your gear, runes and sigils.

And you were wise not to get +vitality. Skritt recommends against getting these.

Thanks for your response.

I didn't get vitality I was only saying initially I was thinking about it. I am aware it's only +90stat but when you've been playing for ages you need something to spice things up. I got a set of power WVW infusions in the end, it's great I can swap them freely now. I could have got them ages ago but like with sigils/runes and all my ascended sets it was too much gold/hassle to rebuy extractors, and now I can do it with one shared slot item. :)