Do you think alliances will ever come out?

Ysmir.4986

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should remember the context of the first Alliance announcement - at that moment Anet was busy to create the "Illusion of work" on GW2 while all its forces were focused in developing other projects.

The Alliances statement came out of nowhere. I don't recall the community speaking about it before the announcement. The demands of the players were related with balance / build diversity / map reworks / transfers / server stacking. And then - BANG! We will give you Alliances. The universal medicine. When? - When ready. How it will work? - Like the current system. The servers will be named "Worlds". All the other aspects will remain. How this will make WvW better? Be patient and you will see.

My conclusion - The Alliance statement was an attempt to give the players the illusion that GW2 still has full support. In fact, my opinion is that Anet not even started to work on Alliances. If we press them we may have a result - something worsening the actual state of the WvW, but not for free as until now - most probably we should pay.

Alliances will just kill WvW as an open-world game mode. Professional alliances will have their own voice chat and their own raids with hidden tags. And casual alliances won't have enough manpower. I would really like to see some data from Anet, so if there is a casual alliance of up to 500 ppl, how many will be online at prime? In my experience it will be like 20-30ish ppl, thats not even close to a zerg + roamers / scouts, you would need 50-60. So how is this supposed to work out?

At prime you have alliance A making their own kind-of-E-sports-Meta-only-private-raid, you will still have some private guild raids with hidden tags of course looking for some scrims, and the rest of the players is farming pips and waiting for their daily veteran warg to pop up? Thats just a dead „open-world“ game mode, when everyone runs in their own private guild / alliance / clan / house / whatever, and the majority of players in your world is randomly shuffled every 8 weeks.

Sry, but this idea of worlds with randomly shuffled alliance A + alliance B + solo guilds + fill-up randoms feels just dumb.

It may work though imo, if Anet would generate worlds not by linking the entities randomly, but only within the same tier. So, E-sports alliance A would make its way to T1 over time, casual alliance B would go to T4 and random players that dont contribute much per hour played would find themselves in T5. That would sort the same kind of players with same attitudes / skill levels / playstyles together.

If they wait long enough, there will only be 6-9 "guilds" left anyway. It will all take care of it's self. Alliances have been formed already, that is what the server transfers that happen every 2 months is about. So while I marked "NO" it's simply because it's already in the works. (via 'the community') I expect nothing else to come of it.

@Svarty.8019 said:

@enkidu.5937 said:Sry, but this idea of worlds with randomly shuffled alliance A + alliance B + solo guilds + fill-up randoms feels just dumb.But but.. What about Guild Pride?!

Is that still a thing? :3 Just my personal taste, but what makes (made) WvW special for me is this huge team of 1000 ppl and battles of 50 vs. 50. In such an open world mode Im just not interested in joining a guild, playing with the same 30 faces and fighting 12 vs. 12. I can do that in other games, that are stand-alone and thus have better balance + more content etc.

So, of course there are ppl that want to play in small teams with the same 30 faces over the years, and to make this work, for guild-focused ppl and the others as well, Anet should stop splitting the community more and more with merging languages, re-linking etc.

I would really like to see some numbers from Anet. Lets say 150 ppl online at prime time:

• 50 do private guild raids
  • 50 do solo or random small scale stuff (dailies, roaming, scouting, afk at spawn while cooking their dinner etc.)
  • 50 want to zerg, speaking different languages, PPK vs. PPT, casual vs. meta players etc.

So, I somehow understand what Anet is planning: they want to give us tools to better organize ourselves with other ppl that have the same attitude / skill level / play time etc. But I doubt that the numbers work out this way. It could work when they close 1-2 tiers and double the amout of players per server. But I guess, most ppl dont play that much as they did some years before, and if they play then it is at prime time and reset. So, when fusing more servers, prime time would be overstacked af, and off time would still be somewhat empty. And I remember the first year of WvW, were you had to wait 1 hour to join at reset, and ppl were driven to EotM or doing trade or craft stuff while waiting.

@Blocki.4931 said:Why would you think they're not coming? We've got updates often enough, we know it's their main priority right now. It's been 2 years since they told us at the infancy of the concept and it hasn't been a high priority at all until not too long ago. How fast did you want them to push that system out? A week after announcement?

Is this an actual joke? Most gaming companies would've had this done by now.. heck, an indy game I was playing put an alliance system in their game faster. I bet they have like tops 1 or 2 guys working on it but most the time those guys get pulled to living story so it's 0 most the time. WvW is their last priority prove me wrong.

I think they will eventually get it done but it will be too late to matter. WvW may have already slipped past the point of no return as a lot of players simply won't come back for any reason.

Out of all my friends that played from the beginning for years, only one remains playing with me and that is because there really isn't anything else out there better in this style of gameplay. None of my other friends have any interest in returning regardless of the features put into the game. Most didn't even try PoF.

No alliances will not come out, its been nearly 2 years, and we have had nothing, in the August announcement, they skimmed over Alliances with a, " We arent ready to talk about it yet, but we will give you an update in a few months" well 4 months later and still nothing,

I believe they are playing endgame with WvW now, i dont think they truly want to put any development time towards it, sure we have had a new dev show up, ( seem that all before in the past, they come and go ) but its more lip service at this point than actual change, they know by ignoring WvW it sinks lower and lower everyday, people leave, guilds leave, it becomes dead, this will allow anet to merge more servers to "fix population inbalance" or just close WvW completely, and stating that there arent enough players interested in it anymore,

I seen someone on twitch the other day ( who used to play GW2 ) playing another game that had massive WvW ( or realm vs realm ) and it was like 100v100v100 and no lag at all, and honestly it looked amazing, its content people want and will play, but gets ignored for PvE/gemstore, if you want real change to WvW figure a way for Anet to make gems from it, and it will be developed in a blink of an eye.

I personally believe that WvW and PvP will both be axed from the game next year, and they will just push on with living story/PvE in general, you may say that skeptical but anyone who has been here since launch will know that things just never change.

Is there even any reliable info on how this would look like and how it would improve the WvW? I've been playing for almost 2 years now and I read often the forums about this saving grace for WvW and still have no idea about how the system would work. So am I missing some big piece of info that everybody is aware of or is this just some myth that everyone have their own opinion on?Also if this is something that caters to already organized guilds and communities it will be more likely the final downfall of WvW. WvW needs new blood and catering to the existing hardcore fans will not help it.One thing I have always missed in GW2 WvW is server pride. People just hop servers looking for greener grass. And they are just making it worse with links. Add some fluff stuff in the game that caters to the winning servers. Easy addition that caters to all, guilds and solo casuals alike. Server hoping should have serious consequences; a harsh but effective one - WvW rank should not transfer between servers, aka WvW server rank. Also just reducing the amount of servers would help.

They can barely make any pve content and have no vision for anything. Not even playing pretend anymore. All that is left is money grabs from the gem store.

The problem with this game has always been that they keep making new content and then abandoning (such as dungeons). It seems fractals and raids will go the same way. Considering WvW isn't even a blip on the radar, we have no chance whatsoever.

@hunkamania.7561 said:

@"Blocki.4931" said:Why would you think they're not coming? We've got updates often enough, we know it's their main priority right now. It's been 2 years since they told us at the infancy of the concept and it hasn't been a high priority at all until not too long ago. How fast did you want them to push that system out? A week after announcement?

Is this an actual joke? Most gaming companies would've had this done by now.. heck, an indy game I was playing put an alliance system in their game faster. I bet they have like tops 1 or 2 guys working on it but most the time those guys get pulled to living story so it's 0 most the time. WvW is their last priority prove me wrong.Perma stealth braindeadeyes still one-shoting or almost-one-shoting for 2 years now. I guess its quite clear that its not (EDIT: not only) a priority problem, they are just stupid / ignorant af, and dont have a clue whats going on.

Priority would be like "Ok, we have some good stuff to add, but it will take quite long to implement it."

But WvW is "We have a great idea, wich is to merge french speaking servers with german speaking servers",or "Lets introduce theef portal to exploit porting in and out of keeps at will even more.",or "Lets nurf scourge so it can hit 10 targets now",or . . . .

@Svarty.8019 said:

@hunkamania.7561 said:WvW is their last priority prove me wrong.

Why wouldn't it be?

Even if every map was capped every night, it's only be...4x maps80x map cap (probably/approx)4 NA matchups + 5 EU matchups = 9x matchups

2880 players MAXIMUM.

you say its low population -> low priorityI say its low priority -> low population

In the first years, WvW was so overpopulated that they introduced EotM as an overflow map.