Establishing a Foothold - How to get there?

I'm supposed to go to Verdant Bank but I don't know how to get there. I'm in Dry Top and I tried to do the jumping puzzle there but I'm hopeless at it. Is there another way I can get through Dry Top or is that a necessity to continuing the story? I'm just after map completion and going through the storyline. I'm OK with missing some achievements etc. for now. I'm just not sure if the jumping puzzle is just an optional achievement or if I have to do it to continue Heart of Thorns. Thanks!!

@StormyFae.2761 said:I'm supposed to go to Verdant Bank but I don't know how to get there. I'm in Dry Top and I tried to do the jumping puzzle there but I'm hopeless at it. Is there another way I can get through Dry Top or is that a necessity to continuing the story? I'm just after map completion and going through the storyline. I'm OK with missing some achievements etc. for now. I'm just not sure if the jumping puzzle is just an optional achievement or if I have to do it to continue Heart of Thorns. Thanks!!

You are in the wrong map. Verdant Brink can be entered only from the Silverwastes, not Dry Top. Go to the Silvewastes, and then reach the bottom left corner of the map where the Amber Fort is. Immediately west from Amber there is a door with a passage to Verdant Brink. You might have to do the first story mission of the HoT campaign to get access to it the first time.