The massive proffession reworks?

killfil.3472

@draxynnic.3719 said:Easiest approach would probably be to give their pets a stats reduction, a la Druid,

And laziest. If they are going to stick with pet stat reductions as a tradeoff for druid in the first place, it should be offensive pet stats in exchange for healing power, concentration etc. while adding pet functionalites to the traits to further push it as a support spec.

But I'd prefer a rework to staff, traits and parts of CA, and a tradeoff that revolves around not having a pet for offensive pressure like it used to have before all the nerfs, while gaining support choices that pushes it closer to what other support specs are capable of in pvp/wvw. In PvE it's just a spirit bot anyways, that won't change.

If any ranger elite needs a pet stat reduction, it's soulbeast. All the buffs they get from merging, far outweigh a pet nerf.

The intricacies are all minor buffs. When merged, all effects upon your pet are now transferred to you. I wish Weaver got that treatment! Even when double attuned, they don't get all the benefits from both attunements. Ex: stone heart, pyromancers puissance, zephyrs speed, etc.

Having core ranger be the only spec with full strength pets would make sense.

@Raiden The Beast.3016 said:Drd is just a joke, next to AA dmg nerf, lead attack nerf, pi nerf, ... we got SWIPE ... kitten, drd was already far away from meta but cmon it is a teef lets nerf it

Not every spec has to be super good in every gamemode. Having one spec for each class good in every gamemode is enough.So I don't know what you complain about.

Pve: druid is still meta and condi/power soulbeast are also not in a bad spot and used pretty often.Wvw: soulbeast is a super strong if not still overpowered roamer and Zerg backline farmerSpvp: from my information soulbeast is still pretty good there

Wanna talk about other classes like engi or necro? They are in a far worse spot than ranger is.

Engi: good in wvw/spvp, lackluster in pveNecro: only really good in wvw (where it's going to be hard nerfed) only okayish in spvp and lackluster in pve.

@Nimon.7840 said:

@Raiden The Beast.3016 said:Drd is just a joke, next to AA dmg nerf, lead attack nerf, pi nerf, ... we got SWIPE ... kitten, drd was already far away from meta but cmon it is a teef lets nerf it

Not every spec has to be super good in every gamemode. Having one spec for each class good in every gamemode is enough.So I don't know what you complain about.

Pve: druid is still meta and condi/power soulbeast are also not in a bad spot and used pretty often.Wvw: soulbeast is a super strong if not still overpowered roamer and Zerg backline farmerSpvp: from my information soulbeast is still pretty good there

Wanna talk about other classes like engi or necro? They are in a far worse spot than ranger is.

Engi: good in wvw/spvp, lackluster in pveNecro: only really good in wvw (where it's going to be hard nerfed) only okayish in spvp and lackluster in pve.

Drd = daredevil ...

@Raiden The Beast.3016 said:

Drd = daredevil ...

What about Daredevil? Look at the wvw Sektion. Should still be meta in gvgs

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:

@Nimon.7840 said:Necro: only really good in wvw (where it's going to be hard nerfed) only okayish in spvp and lackluster in pve.

Considering Scourge was meant to get nerfed in the last patch but got buffed instead, this nerf is more than necessary.

Indeed a hugh buff. Now i can't even touch or run across red circles. Before I could do that but i will lose about 30% hp. Last night i tried WvW again after not playing for weeks, the moment i touched those circles, instant downed, and sometimes instant death >.<

I know the team can't buff skills but now they cannot even do a proper nerf?This new team of developers truly don't know what they are doing. Do they even play GW2? Definitely NOT.

The questions are:Does ANet want to balance professions? Yes.

Will they do it? No.

Why? They can't. Not enough dedications, they don't play the game enough to know where the problems are. Their changes are based solely on cries and whines from selective player base where many of these players only want to kill each other professions by calling nerfs to all.

@rng.1024 said:So far they have done:

• Chronomancer
  • Scrapper
  • Daredevil
  • Berserker
  • Scourge

Specializations they feel already have a tradeoff:

• Reaper
  • Druid
  • Tempest
  • Dragonhunter

Specializations that will most likely be next:

• Herald (as facets aren't the profession mechanic)

It would be good if you changed herald and facets to renegade and kalla getting a rework because if one of the balance team people see reworking those ahem things with herald you will have doomed us all to having them replaced with baby dragon eggs that hatch baby dragon npcs that die as soon as something comes near them. As well as baby centaurs that have coloring books they drag around as angry bad people all try to see who can kill the baby centaur before it can get to its coloring book. So then if you happen to live for 2 seconds you are immediately angered by the fact that you have a million and one crayons and they are all different shades of yellow. Friends don't let friends give the balance team any thing to touch which I have a fear that soon mirage and deadeye will next have a giant a red ball that hovers over them so anyone on any map can see where they are and the red ball will mark you too which a new feature where marking prevents clones from being made which rangers I hear have it coming too they won't be able to rapid fire while marked.

@Mil.3562 said:

@"Nimon.7840" said:Necro: only really good in wvw (where it's going to be hard nerfed) only okayish in spvp and lackluster in pve.

Considering Scourge was meant to get nerfed in the last patch but got buffed instead, this nerf is more than necessary.

Indeed a hugh buff. Now i can't even touch or run across red circles. Before I could do that but i will lose about 30% hp. Last night i tried WvW again after not playing for weeks, the moment i touched those circles, instant downed, and sometimes instant death >.<

I don't want to say, that scourge doesn't need nerfs for wvw.But I think the approach is wrong.You nerf targetcap in order to nerf booncorrupts and dmg.But it seems what didn't get into consideration, is that this will also be an instant death to any support scourge build in wvw (yeah, well it isn't even good right now and nerfing it further?)

Also every class has at least one very good build in at least one gamemode

Guard: meta/very good builds in every gamemodeWarrior: meta/very good builds in every gamemodeRevenant: meta/very good builds in every gamemodeSame goes for ranger, mesmer and thief.

Only engi and necro are in at least one gamemode not so good:

Engi: meta/very good builds for spvp/wvw. Lackluster in pveNecro: meta/very good build for wvw. "Only good" builds for spvp, lackluster in pve.

Nerfing some classes for certain gamemodes, where they are strong while not changing other oppressive classes in the same gamemode. Cant be the right way! Especially when those classes aren't as good as the others in pve either.

Example guardian:5-6 meta builds for endgame pve2-3 for wvw2 for spvp

Example warrior:4 meta builds for endgame pve2 for wvw2 for spvp

Compare that to engi:3 okayish builds for endgame pve, but not really good2 meta builds for wvw1 for spvp

Necro:3 okayish builds for endgame pve, but not really good1 meta and one okayish build for wvw1-2 good builds (but not very good) for spvp

Does this seem fair to nerf one build of necro or engi very hard, without nerfing other classes as well, or without buffing these nerfed classes in another gamemode?So guard is allowed to keep 8-10 meta builds overall, while necro gets it's only meta build nerfed.

I know the team can't buff skills but now they cannot even do a proper nerf?This new team of developers truly don't know what they are doing. Do they even play GW2? Definitely NOT.

Will they do it? No.

Why? They can't. Not enough dedications, they don't play the game enough to know where the problems are. Their changes are based solely on cries and whines from selective player base where many of these players only want to kill each other professions by calling nerfs to all.

@Nimon.7840 said:

@Mil.3562 said:

@Nimon.7840 said:Necro: only really good in wvw (where it's going to be hard nerfed) only okayish in spvp and lackluster in pve.

I don't want to say, that scourge doesn't need nerfs for wvw.But I think the approach is wrong.You nerf targetcap in order to nerf booncorrupts and dmg.But it seems what didn't get into consideration, is that this will also be an instant death to any support scourge build in wvw (yeah, well it isn't even good right now and nerfing it further?)

Also every class has at least one very good build in at least one gamemode

Guard: meta/very good builds in every gamemodeWarrior: meta/very good builds in every gamemodeRevenant: meta/very good builds in every gamemodeSame goes for ranger, mesmer and thief.

Only engi and necro are in at least one gamemode not so good:

Engi: meta/very good builds for spvp/wvw. Lackluster in pveNecro: meta/very good build for wvw. "Only good" builds for spvp, lackluster in pve.

Nerfing some classes for certain gamemodes, where they are strong while not changing other oppressive classes in the same gamemode. Cant be the right way! Especially when those classes aren't as good as the others in pve either.

Example guardian:5-6 meta builds for endgame pve2-3 for wvw2 for spvp

Example warrior:4 meta builds for endgame pve2 for wvw2 for spvp

Compare that to engi:3 okayish builds for endgame pve, but not really good2 meta builds for wvw1 for spvp

Necro:3 okayish builds for endgame pve, but not really good1 meta and one okayish build for wvw1-2 good builds (but not very good) for spvp

Does this seem fair to nerf one build of necro or engi very hard, without nerfing other classes as well, or without buffing these nerfed classes in another gamemode?So guard is allowed to keep 8-10 meta builds overall, while necro gets it's only meta build nerfed.

Will they do it? No.

I doubt anyone here is thinking that Guardian is balanced and besides this is just a quick change to something anet made ridiculously broken, I'm sure guardian will get it's nerf when the main balance patch comes around,

As for PvE, necro seems difficult, because while people think they are not good, I've been in fractals with Scourges and reapers and if they know what they are doing it's a very smooth group so I don't necessarily think that necros should be buffed to be honest, anet have said they want to bring the power creep down anyway so the option that is left is bringing the outliers down to a point where each class has different benefits that will help with whatever your doing

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:I doubt anyone here is thinking that Guardian is balanced and besides this is just a quick change to something anet made ridiculously broken, I'm sure guardian will get it's nerf when the main balance patch comes around,

I think core guardian is insanely balanced actually if anything its one of the best balanced core professions in the game. only when you look at the additional stack of firebrand does it look out of line. Core guardian is a very strong profession with multiple build options with several weapons that are quite effective and through all of this they have clear cut weaknesses that are relatively weighted to the strengths of their builds. Even dragon hunter is good too imo. Only firebrand makes guardian imblanced because its too power creeped of an elite to sit on such a stable and strong core base profession.

As for PvE, necro seems difficult, because while people think they are not good, I've been in fractals with Scourges and reapers and if they know what they are doing it's a very smooth group so I don't necessarily think that necros should be buffed to be honest, anet have said they want to bring the power creep down anyway so the option that is left is bringing the outliers down to a point where each class has different benefits that will help with whatever your doing

As for necros they look good when the group is sloppy when the group is very organized their limits are made very clear and its far below what you see in comparison to other professions in alot of matchups. One of the biggest assets of necromancer is that it is naturally more resistant in pve to being 1 shot by things that 1 shot or do heavy damage to alot of other professions and when played by someone with even average skill they will almost always be the last one to go down when things go south sadly this positive is not a valuable asset as people dont bring necros for the off chance that things go south. if things go south its just do a /gg and start over.

If you look at pvp then necro really needs a careful hand of balance as of right now they let wvw balance influence its balance in pvp far too much which is kind of screwing it but thats not calls for a rework but certainly a careful adjustment. The death magic rework was god awful and they had a really good shot here to add alot of things that players lacked in terms of defense or defensive boons or self sustain and they pretty much didnt do this and instead got a little too creative with it which is its down fall its basically just a mini game of making stacks that dont apply for much of anything until you reach and hold 25+ anything under that is just a lesser death magic than before. The loss in most cases is not worth the gain so long as other professions keep in their high state of dps making toughness an un-valuable stat.

The only parts of necro i feel needs a true totally ground up rework is scourge and deathmagic (again) everything else just needs QoL and minor buffs or nerfs.