Light puzzle completions in Bjora Marches not counting for the meta

@Keaven Freeman.6157 said:

@Keaven Freeman.6157 said:There are two achievements associated with those: the individual, "Light the [area]" achievement, and the collective, "Luminary" achievement. The individual ones are daily achievements and reset at the same time as other dailies. The "Luminary" achievement does
not
reset and tracks if you have
ever
done the individual achievements.

I did all 4 Lighting the X achievements, got the Luminary title, but the Asgeir one, Lighting the Legacy is now grayed out like I didnt do itProof:

As I said, the individual "Lighting the [area]" achievements reset at the daily-reset time. Therefore, they will display in the achievement panel as not done. However, this
does not
reset the meta tracking of
ever
having completed these achievements. The "Luminary" achievement (which tracks the completion of all the light puzzles), and the "Whisper in the Dark Mastery" achievement (which tracks the completion of all episode achievements) do not clear your record of ever having competed these "Lighting the [area]" achievements because they mark off that you've done it at least once.

Hello there,

the system appears to not be working as intended.Here's some documentation:https://imgur.com/a/YJDR20H

EDIT:after completing a puzzle and changing the map, the missing AP from that puzzle get added aswell.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just adding my confirmation that this is indeed bugged. Did the four light puzzles yesterday (proof is that "Luminary" is completed), got +4 AP. Logged in today, they are all incomplete (in the "Whisper in the Dark Mastery" as well as the individual "Lighting the x" achievements), except the "Luminary" achievement, and I lost the 4AP from the individual ones.

Just did one of them again today, that one now shows as complete, but I was awarded no AP, until I switched maps, then I got +1 AP (which will most likely be gone tomorrow). Aaaand yep. Daily reset just happened, the "Lighting the x" achievement I did is reset, and I got -1AP.

Funny thing also: "Luminary" isn't part of the Whisper in the Dark Mastery, but the four individual Lighting the x ones are. Feels like that has something to do with this issue. Like someone deciding there weren't enough achievements for the Mastery and switched "Luminary" for the four "Lighting the x" ones, but forgot they were supposed to part of the daily schedule, and so they reset (and stripping people of the 4AP daily).

I came here because of the same issue. I had 2/4 puzzles done for Luminary and they all got greyed out and showed 1 AP available. If they're a daily reset, they shouldn't have those AP showing.

I can see a potential issue in people being able to hit a major AP target number twice in two days. Either they get unlocks that should have taken 5 or 10K more AP to get, or their wardrobe gets screwed up.

Still having this problem. I have completed the Lighting puzzles 3 times now. This time I took screenshots showing my AP before I logged out after having completed them today, and after I logged back in 2 minutes later. They clearly show the 4AP pt loss. So by doing the puzzles 3 times (12 puzzles, 12 AP), I haven't actually earned any of that AP but have apparently just been wasting my time.

Oh also, the rollback of AP happens on logout, log back in, not on daily reset. When you log back in that is also when they show back up as uncompleted achievements, it is not happening at daily reset as intended. Sorry to be salty, I hope this is helpful.

https://imgur.com/gallery/mFa3TD5

@Keaven Freeman.6157 said:

@Keaven Freeman.6157 said:There are two achievements associated with those: the individual, "Light the [area]" achievement, and the collective, "Luminary" achievement. The individual ones are daily achievements and reset at the same time as other dailies. The "Luminary" achievement does
not
reset and tracks if you have
ever
done the individual achievements.

I did all 4 Lighting the X achievements, got the Luminary title, but the Asgeir one, Lighting the Legacy is now grayed out like I didnt do itProof:

As I said, the individual "Lighting the [area]" achievements reset at the daily-reset time. Therefore, they will display in the achievement panel as not done.

What is the point of them resetting if they don't give any extra AP or any other reward past finishing them the first time? This is like making the JP achievements reset daily. It's completely redundant and needlessly confusing.

There is actually a bug with the "Lighting the [area]" achievements and the meta achievement.

I did Frozen Pass, Legacy and Mountains yesterday and the day before that. If I look at the meta achievement now (Whisper in the Dark Mastery), these three achievements are no longer completed.

The meta achievement also states that I have completed 15. But if I count the ones that are completed according the the meta achievement, I have only 12.So it looks like it tracks the three achievements I mentioned I did yesterday, but reset them on the meta achievement anyway. Which smells like a bug to me.

It also looks like I have lost AP since yesterday, as another person wrote.

Also, if the "Lighting the [area]" achievement resets every day, shouldn't the AP reward say 0 and not 1 if I have done them once already? Shouldn't those achievement state that they are "infinite" aswell, as many other achievements like them?

@roederich.2716 said:it seems like an untidy solution atm.

What happens if i have 4996 Achievements Points and make the Light Achievements to reach 5k Achievements Points. Do I get the 5k Chest with 400 Gems and next Day i am back to 4996 AP and can farm the 5k Chest again?

Free 400 gems per day baby!

Good question. They should fix this ASAP imo...

That's annoying. Completed puzzles on reset and got the 4 AP's back. Logged out and after patch i'm -4 AP's again. Now when I try to do the puzzles again it says "You've completed this light puzzle today. You can do it again but there will be no additional rewards for it." Now I have to wait for reset to get the 4 AP's back!!

@"Daysleeper.5769" said:That's annoying. Completed puzzles on reset and got the 4 AP's back. Logged out and after patch i'm -4 AP's again. Now when I try to do the puzzles again it says "You've completed this light puzzle today. You can do it again but there will be no additional rewards for it." Now I have to wait for reset to get the 4 AP's back!!

You won't get the +4AP back, until they fix the bug. You'll just go +4AP during the day, and then -4AP at reset. I'm close to a reward-chest AP score at the moment, so I'll give that a try and see if it does actually reward you with multiple AP reward chests too. If it does, Anet has their hands full to sort this out.

Please label the 'Lighting the [area]' achievements as Repeatable/Infinite, if they are reset daily. I couldn't tell that from looking at the achievement, so just thought it was a bug and it wasn't counted when I did those light puzzles. It should be treated similar to 'Additional Secrets of the Khan-Ur' achievement in Bound by Blood, in my opinion, to keep things consistent.

@"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:This is what happens when you don't make a separate achievement for the daily completion.

Agreed. If it was intended to reset daily (as it seems likely that it is) it should have been labelled as such. There's a "daily" section for a reason. Make it award 1 AP first time, and either set it to repeatable with 0 rewards, or have it reset each day making it clear that it gives 0 AP on subsequent completions.

@"Keaven Freeman.6157" said:There are two achievements associated with those: the individual, "Light the [area]" achievement, and the collective, "Luminary" achievement. The individual ones are daily achievements and reset at the same time as other dailies. The "Luminary" achievement does not reset and tracks if you have ever done the individual achievements.

As I understand, the light puzzles are meant to be repeated daily, fine. But IMO, for clarity purposes, it would be better to remove the 1 AP from the achievement window upon first completion of said puzzle (just like "Agent of entropy" for instance) ;)