[merged] Legendary Gear and Templates

@Kate Soulguard.7132 said:Anet, please change this. I worked hard for legendary items but if this is how it's going to be, I need to shelf them and use Ascended. There is just no way I will be able to keep track of all of this stuff.

Yes, let's hope they'll have a heart and change it for the sake of sanity. If, for instance, you take a break from the game, there is no way you will recall which upgrades went where, and it's even worse (much, much worse) when you use legendary upgrades on top of it instead of regular ones. It's insane! :cry:

@Linken.6345 said:Are you sure that infusion aint shared on another templates armor or accessories?

@Ashantara.8731 said:This. [snip!]

Y'all are great! I love all the helpful replies! Thank you both.

YES. It is definitely a bug. I'm redoing my instructions:

Needed:1 Legendary Greatsword1 Legendary Staff4 +9 Infusions

GET NAKED:1) Remove all armor.2) Remove all weapons. Even underwater. Everything.3) Remove all accessories / rings / amulet / back item. Everything.4) Repeat across all templates.5) Triple-check that you are BARE NAKED.

Once you're there, start from the Hero: Equipment screen.1) Equip LGS in Template 1 Primary2) Equip LS in Template 2 Primary..........two +9 Infusions un-equip.3) Un-equip LGS..........LGS no longer has infusions slotted.4) Re-equip LGS.5) Apply one unlinked +9 infusion to the LGS, slot 16) Apply one unlinked +9 infusion to the LGS, slot 27) Flip to the staff in Template 2 Primary.8) Apply one unlinked +9 infusion to the LS, slot 19) Apply one unlinked +9 infusion to the LS, slot 210) Un-equip LGS..........Template 1 will show that THREE +9 infusions are linked.11) Un-equip LS.........All templates will now show ONE +9 infusion linked..........There will be ONE +9 infusion in regular inventory..........There will be ZERO +9 infusions on the LGS..........There will be TWO +9 infusions on the LS.One +9 infusion will be stuck in template limbo.

@Blockhead Magee.3092 said:Give us a 'turn if off!' button already. I'm still stunned that it took so long for them to develop such an inferior system. I still want alliances completed, but this template fiasco really reduces my expectations.

lol, it took that to lower your expectations?You must be a tough nut to crack.I gave up after the first SOON

edited to agree with Blockhead Magee.3092Yes, off-button is a must.

@Kate Soulguard.7132 said:

@Linken.6345 said:Are you sure that infusion aint shared on another templates armor or accessories?

@Ashantara.8731 said:This. [snip!]

Y'all are great! I love all the helpful replies! Thank you both.

Forgot to mention, and just so you know: even if you select an available infusion from your inventory, the game will always pick one from your equipment storage instead, if there is one available to use.

Did you use unequip or unequip from all templates?

I'm beginning to think it has to do with 2 handed weapons as I verified this with a guildmate that had a longbow. I wasn't able to reproduce the issue of stats resetting and sigils popping out when using a 1 handed legendary weapon (sword , axe) and unequipping from a single equipment template.

My theory is that if you use the weapon on multiple templates and it is set to different stats, there's no stat priority (there should be to whatever template is active) so it flips it to statless when unequipped.

Regardless it seems like a debugging nightmare if you factor in legendary runes and sigils...

Hi, so I've finally completed my first full set of legendary armour... HOORAH!

I'm now trying to work out how to get the legendary armour out of the equipment tab storage part, without removing it from the equipment template... I think that's the feedback from this thread is that it is really difficult or impossible? And that the equipment templates, aren't true templates.Has anyone worked out how to remove the armour, so that you can easily shift it onto another toon (like ascended gear), but come back to your previous toon and still have the old equipment template set up?

I've spent hours on continual gear/ stat selections/runes/infusions set ups each time I swap instead of playing the game.My achievement of finally getting legendary armour, seems a lot less exciting now, it has taken the shine off what initially was a very shiny feeling!! :-(

UPDATE: Whoohoo! They did fix it. I just unequipped a piece of legendary armor that I use in two loadouts with the same infusion but different exotic runes. Upon unequipping it, I received the piece with the infusion and rune still equipped and the stats I had selected for the loadout that I had active when I unequipped it. The rune from the second loadout was ejected into my inventory (I assume that with a legendary rune, the stats would have also remained as selected in the currently active loadout).

This is great! =) My sincere thanks to the devs. :+1:

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Infusion.7149 said:Ashantara , it seems to be stealth fixed. I don't unequip legendary weapons or armor often because of hassle but I tried it and it kept the stat and upgrade inside when ejected to inventory

Fantastic! :) That's what I thought I saw. I'll go test it again right away. Thanks.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:Even though they are fixing things, the situation isn't entirely resolved until they make it so that taking legendary equipment out of the build storage and putting it back in remembers its configuration.

It does now. Read the post above yours.

So if I take the legendary equipment off, put it on a different character, change its stats in its equipment template, then put it back on the first character, the legendary equipment will have its original stats without having to reselect them all?

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:So if I take the legendary equipment off, put it on a different character, change its stats in its equipment template, then put it back on the first character, the legendary equipment will have its original stats without having to reselect them all?

As mentioned, I only tried it on the same character. However, with the recent change, I don't see why putting it in the bank and then on another character shouldn't preserve its stats - unless you meant the game remembering the different stats on each character, which isn't possible, because we don't have real templates, only loadouts. As soon as you remove the item from a loadout, the loadout won't remember its last status quo.

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:As soon as you remove the item from a loadout, the loadout won't remember its last status quo.

Which is entirely what the loadouts should do in regards to legendaries.

No, it shouldn't, because it's a loadout, not a template. And yes, I wish we had equipment templates instead of loadouts, but we don't. We don't have build templates, either, except the templates storage to the left that is limited to 27 slots per account.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:As soon as you remove the item from a loadout, the loadout won't remember its last status quo.

Which is entirely what the loadouts should do in regards to legendaries.

No, it shouldn't, because it's a
loadout
not
a template. And yes, I wish we had equipment templates instead of loadouts, but we don't. We don't have build templates, either, except the templates storage to the left that is limited to 27 slots per account.

Its labeled as a template, so I'm going to use that language to ask for the features that a template should. Calling it a loadout is giving them an out and making excuses for them. If we want actual template features, then we need to put them to task.

I'm encountering an odd bug I've never experienced before involving the off-hand slot.

I have a legendary focus in two of the equipment builds with the same configuration. While using the first equipment template I put a new weapon into the off-hand slot to replace the focus and its infusion and upgrade pops out into my inventory for an unknown reason. The second build still has the infusion and upgrade in it and when I remove that it goes into my inventory empty.

It was at this point that I noticed the infusion and upgrade in my inventory refuses to go onto the focus in my second equipment template but the focus will take an infusion with a link icon.

So I tried taking everything off and then start putting on trinkets into the second build. As soon as you put on the second trinket, they start spitting out infusions into my inventory wanting to only equip infusions with a link symbol despite already being in use. Doing this I discovered it seems like it only wants to use infusions already on a trinket. So my focus must also be doing the same wanting infusions already on weapons or the armor.

In conclusion:Its trying to use a copy of what's on the other equipment build. This makes swapping weapons from inventory real tedious when I need to use a shield real quick instead of the focus.

Solution:Let us put more items in the equipment storage so that it doesn't spit out upgrades or just let templates remember the last configuration an item had last time it was equipped.

• 3 weeks later...

FIX THE KITTEN TEMPLATES OR REMOVE THIS KITTEN. I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO REAPPLY MY SIGILS AND INFUSIONS TO EVERY LEGENDARY WEAPON EVERY TIME I NEED TO SWAP A WEAPON FROM INVENTORY. THIS IS VERY INCONVENIENT. (Frankly, it sucks kitten.)

GOOD JOB ON PUNISHING PEOPLE WITH LEGENDARIES, GOOD WAY TO FOSTER A HAPPY COMMUNITY!

Dont EVEN tell me I need to BUY more templates EITHER KITTEN YOU AND YOUR GEMSTORE

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...