Help beating Weavers

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Lately I've been having issues winning these fights.

At least a 95% uptime on 25 might, awesome mobility, awesome damage, barrier and heals for days (i would get them to like 10% and next thing ya know, back up to 100%) and cleanses.

A condi mirage and a DPS ranger couldn't take them down. There was also a self stealth as well (didnt know weavers can do that).

Any idea how to fight these god mode weavers?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:Lately I've been having issues winning these fights.

At least a 95% uptime on 25 might, awesome mobility, awesome damage, barrier and heals for days (i would get them to like 10% and next thing ya know, back up to 100%) and cleanses.

A condi mirage and a DPS ranger couldn't take them down. There was also a self stealth as well (didnt know weavers can do that).

using best food?

Interrupts. Lots and lots of interrupts. There is a particular kind of melee combo weaver that is practically impossible to beat - even if you get them low in hp they just heal up to 100 in seconds, tons of evades, reflects and teleport. Unless you got bursts on very low cd, you're never keeping up with that.

The trick is to interrupt them when low and keep doing it. When I run on my core engie, I can handle most of them ok - even if I'm condi and they are anti-condi and anti-range - but for the ones that are really good you basicly got one shot with moa to beat them and thats it. If you miss (or moa yourself huehue) you may as well disengage cause cd is too high to do it again.

If you fight them with multiple people never ever stack. The AoE combo fields will be what kills you. You'll want to have someone very good at facetanking up front and the rest kite.

Probably my least favorite fight because none of your damage hits hard enough nor sticks long enough to close them out. They don't even have to run to reset. And just pray they arnt camping next to a tower or keep portal...

Its just one of the numerous roaming sustain boon bunker builds that only deals damage because you have to play a glass build to have a chance at killing it. Such a moronic concept, dying to someones excessive healing.

oh right, your question...deal lots of damage and lots of cc.

Boon strip. I wreck them using an interrupt thief with Absorption and Draining on P/P along with boon strip on steal. Sword thieves make short work of boon builds thanks to Larcenous Strike. Let them build up the boons then steal them. Unlike every other boon steal, LS gets the full set of stacks meaning they just loaded up the thief with 25 stacks of might on a spammable burst build.

Stun lock warriors can get it done as well but timing has to be impeccable. Boon Beast builds have a similar weakness.

prone to hard CC / interrupt -> spike damage

Tbh, thats how it usually goes in WvW roaming these days vs. most builds. The sustain part might be different: stealth (thief), ports (mes), evades (DD), unvulns + blocks (warrior), boons (SlB) or all of this together (Holo :# ). And your best bet is to apply a hard hitting spike during a short window after you made the enemy to waste his / her dodges etc. Cant tell the best moment when to strike a weaver though (actually, I stopped fighting them :3 ), maybe after he / she left water attunement?

PS: I only see few roaming weavers, because of the high skill floor, and the ones that remained are good players, so its harder than vs. most SlBs or such, but not because of the class, its because of the better players

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:There was also a self stealth as well (didnt know weavers can do that).snow leopard?

1. Well timed CC: Usually as they use Fire #2 which locks them in animation, abusive CC as a SpB or interrupting their healing combo (that hurts the most)

2. Constant pressure to force them into healing, then follow by bursts.

3. Kiting if you have the damage, like a Rifle DE or a Sic'em soulbeast. Also kiting if you don't have enough cleanses.

4. Boon control: S/d thief or Absorption sigil.

5. Power builds. I use Antitoxin on Weaver and Condi builds are a joke.

6. Some classes can't take down a Weaver. Some Weaver builds can neither take down or be taken down

One of the most boring fights in the game tbh. When I see Soothing Mist pop up when they attune to water, I just disengage because I'd rather not waste my time. If I am roaming on condi, it is such a snooze because of how difficult it is to stick damage onto them, especially if they are using Antitoxin runes (which a lot seem to) because of the extremely strong synergy it has with Ele/Weaver.

However, when I choose to fight them, immobs and chill are extremely potent if I am playing a build/class that has access to them. In my experience, trying to pressure them after they attune to water and use Riptide is a good time to attempt this, before they have time to attune to earth and double blast the water field, or denying them the ability to do so via CC/immob/chill. Usually I only can do anything with that if I have already baited out both Twists of Fate though.

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:There was also a self stealth as well (didnt know weavers can do that).snow leopard?

Also could have reflected a Hunter's Shot if there was a Ranger there and the Weaver was running focus.

If you were fighting near water, I believe they have an aquatic skill that's a Smoke Field. You can Stealth by dropping it near the surface and leaping or blasting it after exiting the water.

As for how to beat it, I've found the most consistent way to do so is with a power Spite Necro/Reaper or a core condi Necro. Core condi Necro has enough armor and health to soak up most of it's damage and a number of ways to send conditions back. Every one I've ever fought as a condi Necro has eventually been forced to run or eventually ran out of cleanses and died. Corrupt Boon, Feast Of Corruption, Spiteful Spirit, Path Of Corruption and Enfeebling Blood are more than enough corrupts to overcome their cleanses. The trick is not to spam them all while the Weaver is spamming their evades. Wait for them to commit to an attack, maintain Chill and corrupts on Stability, always reapply pressure as soon as they cleanse, and spend a lot of your time auto attacking and using minor skills like Grasping Dead and Mark Of Blood. The game is to wear them down and force cleanses so you can reapply your big hitters after they finish a cleanse.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:Lately I've been having issues winning these fights.

Eles, Engineers, Mesmers, Thieves. Pew pew them from afar, and preferably from a rampart.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:There was also a self stealth as well (didnt know weavers can do that).They have smoke field if from water and can blast it, or also some npc allies can have a field they can blast, can't remember which, I think the scouts (the fields don't seem to be visible, but they are there). I don't think there are any runes left that can give stealth procs aside from trapper which they can't use.

Yeah I find fighting weavers are boring. Done so on my druid many times, is a stalemate almost every time. I feel like I should avoid but the dueler in me wants to keep fighting.

As for the Hunters Shot, it went stealth before I got involved. It was fighting the condi mirage first....was also not near water.

On a side note, came across a symbol core guard that was using DH LB and traps and it moved around the general map wayyyyy too fast imo. Rekt my face, hurt like heck amd was very fluid in its abilities (almost too fluid). Would also stow its weapon randomly

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:On a side note, came across a symbol core guard that was using DH LB and traps and it moved around the general map wayyyyy too fast imo. Rekt my face, hurt like heck amd was very fluid in its abilities (almost too fluid). Would also stow its weapon randomly

Something similar has been brought up in the past. There was a lot of discussion of whether the player was using tools not available to everyone that plays legally.

It’s been over a year since I saw it in one of the threads.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:Yeah I find fighting weavers are boring. Done so on my druid many times, is a stalemate almost every time. I feel like I should avoid but the dueler in me wants to keep fighting.

As for the Hunters Shot, it went stealth before I got involved. It was fighting the condi mirage first....was also not near water.

On a side note, came across a symbol core guard that was using DH LB and traps and it moved around the general map wayyyyy too fast imo. Rekt my face, hurt like heck amd was very fluid in its abilities (almost too fluid). Would also stow its weapon randomly

yes indeed. I forget what server he is from. I have talked to him before. He can even use scrapper traits while running as a DH, lolNot sure how he does it. I use to fight him every chance I got because he was the only person I couldn't beat 1v1 after more than one try so I friended him and talked for a while. I doubt he cares if he gets banned. He just roams and takes NWC and holds it so people will come fight him.And no, i never beat him. :(

@Acheron.4731 said:

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:Yeah I find fighting weavers are boring. Done so on my druid many times, is a stalemate almost every time. I feel like I should avoid but the dueler in me wants to keep fighting.

yes indeed. I forget what server he is from. I have talked to him before. He can even use scrapper traits while running as a DH, lolNot sure how he does it. I use to fight him every chance I got because he was the only person I couldn't beat 1v1 after more than one try so I friended him and talked for a while. I doubt he cares if he gets banned. He just roams and takes NWC and holds it so people will come fight him.And no, i never beat him. :(

Well I know what server/guild they are from as I streamed 1 fight. I had a hunch this person was tool assisted (been seeing them more and more from people in specific servers actually). Ran into another a while ago who changed specs while in combat (also a guard/DH...diff server/guild...also remember the guild tag for this one as well).

Also came across a popular guild tag in a server who ran mirage and you could def tell was tool assisted (I usually main DPS mirage). Sad to see that people cant win themselves so they cheat.