GIVE CHRONO SHIELD A FULL BLOCK / FIX CHRONO SHATTERS / FIX WELLS

SeikeNz.3526

since you need clones to shatter make every shatter slow the enemy even if only for 1s

remove deja vu from echo of memory make it a fullblock and summon a phantasm for every attack blocked with maximun of 3 phantasms, if you get hit by a projectile you summon a ranged phantasm, if melee a warrior phantasm, its already have a big cooldown as a trade off

lower tides of time cd to 30s

make wells give boons for every pulse not only at the end

Well of Action - 3s quickness+alacrity+Swiftness per pulse, Remove slow call it Well of SpeedWell of Recall - 3s Fury + 5 Stack of might per pulse, remove chilled rename it to Well of ActionWell of Calamity - add 1s Slow, 2s of chill and 3 stack of vulnerability per pulseWell of Precognition - Add 3s of Protection per pulse

split distortion from continum split and let you use it without shatter with a fixed 3s of revert only, the cooldown is already long enough 105sthe new distortion give you 1s inv per clone and superspeednow we have a chrono fixed

I just wished they wen't back to the old shatters. It's pure hate to the class to do this and not to anything to mirage. They should have made both or none. I vote go back to the original, but given that we have been asking for this for almost 6 months now, I don't think it's ever going to happen. The main problem of the 1 illusion requirement is that the illusions die too quickly and you rarely get a chance to shatter anymore, especially since they are bound to the enemy you had targeted when you summon them. If you are being attacked by multiple enemies, and that one dies, then you are out of luck, out of illusions, out of shatters, and pretty useless.

@YtseJam.9784 said:I just wished they wen't back to the old shatters. It's pure hate to the class to do this and not to anything to mirage. They should have made both or none. I vote go back to the original, but given that we have been asking for this for almost 6 months now, I don't think it's ever going to happen. The main problem of the 1 illusion requirement is that the illusions die too quickly and you rarely get a chance to shatter anymore, especially since they are bound to the enemy you had targeted when you summon them. If you are being attacked by multiple enemies, and that one dies, then you are out of luck, out of illusions, out of shatters, and pretty useless.

to tell the truth i dont care much about the clone req, the problem is with continuum split, you need clones to use it but you need to waste your skills to generate clones... so you can only use it when your skills are on cooldown making it useless and only useful for a little extralife if you use it when you are full, what is not the case most of the time, you also can die while in continuum split.then you have mesmers and mirage that can shatter without clones what make chrono a weaker mesmer since they dont really have distortion and have a clone req to shatter without any trade off.

right now chrono dont feel like a elite class that change the gameplay

@Justine.6351 said:Why nerf Chrono double block skill, I don't understand how that would be an improvement?

because if you use shield you don't do any damage at all because phantasm is what make mesmers do damage, i would trade deja vu for phantasm spam based on how many atks you blocked.it will look like an illusionary counter with a fullblock, phantasm spam and higher cooldown

right now if you spam the phantasm after the 2s cast it does a very low damage that cripple your dps alot, if you block you don't do any damage at all, don't summon a phantasm, waste chronophantasma trait and you lose your phantasm on the weapon, so why pick shield if you can just go sword that have a block with lower cooldown and a phantasm spam?

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

@Justine.6351 said:Why nerf Chrono double block skill, I don't understand how that would be an improvement?

because if you use shield you don't do any damage at all because phantasm is what make mesmers do damage, i would trade deja vu for phantasm spam based on how many atks you blocked.it will look like an illusionary counter with a fullblock, phantasm spam and higher cooldown

right now if you spam the phantasm after the 2s cast it does a very low damage that cripple your dps alot, if you block you don't do any damage at all, don't summon a phantasm, waste chronophantasma trait and you lose your phantasm on the weapon, so why pick shield if you can just go sword that have a block with lower cooldown and a phantasm spam?

uh I pretty sure you spawn a phantasm as long as you fully channel shield 4, twice, regardless if you block or not. Shield looks to be more defensive while sword more offensive. If you want to play sword, play sword.

@Justine.6351 said:

uh I pretty sure you spawn a phantasm as long as you fully channel shield 4, twice, regardless if you block or not. Shield looks to be more defensive while sword more offensive. If you want to play sword, play sword.

yeah you are right about that but it will summon only 2 low damage phantasm at max ;(, even if sword is supposed to be dmg you can block way more with sword because of the low cd, you can chain block with scepter, while on shield you can't

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

yeah you are right about that but it will summon only 2 low damage phantasm at max ;(, even if sword is supposed to be dmg you can block way more with sword because of the low cd, you can chain block with scepter, while on shield you can't

sword only does a single block then a short evade. Shield blanket blocks for 2 seconds and then another 2 seconds.

@Justine.6351 said:

sword only does a single block then a short evade. Shield blanket blocks for 2 seconds and then another 2 seconds.

sword and scepter traited, you can chain block with a very little vulnerable time, with shield you can't because of the huge cooldown, so sword is still better because you can do better damage while doing the chain block with the scepter

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

sword and scepter traited, you can chain block with a very little vulnerable time, with shield you can't because of the huge cooldown, so sword is still better because you can do better damage while doing the chain block with the scepter

so use your 2 weapons and let me keep my 1 shield.

@Justine.6351 said:

sure you can use whatever you want lol, im just saying that shield is worse if you pick it for block

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

sure you can use whatever you want lol, im just saying that shield is worse if you pick it for block

Shield 4 is worse than scepter 2 + sword 4 kk

@Trepidation Lost.3469 said:Or just undo the changes. I’d rather they do that. Won’t ever play chrono again as it is.

Pretty much this. A year ago right before they removed boonshare from SoI, it was PERFECT. After that nerf, it was still playable. Now being that this is the only spec I actually enjoy given Chrono is literally the reason I play this game as every other MMO out there is high off of cookie cutter formulas making this the one MMO I actually enjoyed, I have not touched this game since July. The rework makes this spec abhorrently unfun and borderline unplayable. Semantics, yes it is playable. It is SO playable that everytime I tried to shatter ingame, I wanted to shatter something irl

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

@YtseJam.9784 said:I just wished they wen't back to the old shatters. It's pure hate to the class to do this and not to anything to mirage. They should have made both or none. I vote go back to the original, but given that we have been asking for this for almost 6 months now, I don't think it's ever going to happen. The main problem of the 1 illusion requirement is that the illusions die too quickly and you rarely get a chance to shatter anymore, especially since they are bound to the enemy you had targeted when you summon them. If you are being attacked by multiple enemies, and that one dies, then you are out of luck, out of illusions, out of shatters, and pretty useless.

to tell the truth i dont care much about the clone req, the problem is with continuum split, you need clones to use it but you need to waste your skills to generate clones... so you can only use it when your skills are on cooldown making it useless and only useful for a little extralife if you use it when you are full, what is not the case most of the time, you also can die while in continuum split.then you have mesmers and mirage that can shatter without clones what make chrono a weaker mesmer since they dont really have distortion and have a clone req to shatter without any trade off.

right now chrono dont feel like a elite class that change the gameplay

Yeah that is one of my biggest issues too, and the fact that the clones disappear too fast a lot of the times doesn't give you a chance to even use your skills. I had to switch my build now to use Mimic and Decoy so I always have a fast way of popping a clone and shattering, and even with those, I sometimes don't get a chance to shatter.

I suggest adding a minor trait for chrono that says something like this: "Your clones exist outside time itself, and are slow to fade away. If your target is dead, fading clones can be detonated on a new target for a limited duration. (Default 5 seconds)" Basically means that clones don't disappear right away with Chrono, instead they stay around for 5 seconds and pick up on a new target if you press a shatter skill. However, after 5 seconds they still fade away regardless.

If shattering is more difficult for chrono, it should also be more reliable once you get clones out.

I also think that continium split should grant distortion for 2 seconds instead of 1.