QoL Buff and Nerf Wishlist/Request for Revenant Skills/Traits (8 July 2022)

Shao.7236

Remove Kalla stacks.Buff axe 2&3 and reduce their cast time to 0.5 secs as well.Renegade, needs so much work and re-work. I will just pass on it.Herald, Draconic Fortitude, increase fire duration and fire damage by 10%.Herald, Draconic Echo, using a facet skill inflicts 1 stack of burning for 5 secs to all targets in 240 radius.Shield, 5, Crystal Hibernation, not be a self root (and change whatever else to make that work).Mallyx, Pain Absorption, cost reduced to 10 energy and now has a 10 sec CD.Mallyx, Banish Enchantment, instead of removing 3 boons, corrupt 2 boons.Jalis, Rite of the Great Dwarf, 10 energy cost and now has 30 sec CD.Retribution, Versed in Stone, no auto trigger. Now reduced CD by 20% of Rite of the Great Dwarf, in addition to what it already does.Staff AA, remove the orbs. Increase damage by 10%. Will need to change in salvation all the healing orb crap. It does not work anyway.Staff 2, increase damage by 15% (PvE only).

@Catchyfx.5768 said:I see oposite. on 50man squad i usualy see 5 rev max. Hammer is just so bad right now. Change to skill 2 or even 1 would be good. Projectile or not. Rev is now without power blob weapons cuz sword is bad for this.

turning into a projectile = gets reflected, blocked, etc = now useless and dead skill in wvw

turning something into a projectile is how you remove the skill entirely from relevance in wvw, it would now literally deal more damage to allies than enemies, this would be the end of rev which has already seen its core legends gutted in wvw.

they had the pathing correctly working BEFORE the october patch, they simply need to fix whatever they broke in the october patch.

on another note: would be kinda nice if brutality procced with legend change in addition to weapon swap, would mean it might actually get used instead of swift termination which is basically always better right now.

@otto.5684 said:Mallyx, Pain Absorption, cost reduced to 10 energy and now has a 10 sec CD.Jalis, Rite of the Great Dwarf, 10 energy cost and now has 30 sec CD.

Please god no. Mallyx is at the sweet spot right now as far as cooldowns go. It doesn't need them changed anymore or added unnecessarily. Jalis already has 2 longer cooldowns on its skills, adding a 30 second cooldown would be terrible, especially considering it is the legend's stunbreak. Jalis on skill-swap WvW week was trash, this would move it closer to that.

@"LucianTheAngelic.7054"

It was only sped up one time in its history according to the wiki https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Deathstrike

It was added in a non balance patch to be about 25% faster then they sped it up again by 50% for like quarter of a second cast. Im trying to find it but I do recall, Deathstrike to be painfully slow even with Quickness, then it was buffed at least 2 times to be where it's now. They've messed around with that skill so much I lost count.

I think a buff for the PvP version from 2 stacks 8s would be fine, but WVW roaming Rev doesn’t need a night gen decrease. Easy 25 is still fine for WvW roaming for the class and in zergs you get 25 might from allies anyway.

For Incensed they're looking at preventing solo 25 might generation, so might as well suggest them something that makes sense and won't gut it too much.

If pulsating pestilence is the issue you’re trying to fix then just move or get rid of opportune extraction; it’s not even a good trait to begin with and cRev would certainly benefit more

Sure, Diabolic Inferno only adds like 1k, but it would still end up a 1k nerf if you had to choose Yearning Empowerment over it. Plus, Yearning Empowerment also gives +20% damage to torment, which is a direct modifier to the main damage source. I don’t think, based on the numbers, that +20% burning would be enough to make it top torment, but perhaps with baelfire runes it would be? Hard to say. Still think it would be a net nerf tho

That trait is also super useful since it always steal stability first if any, pretty huge nerf to remove it. Just trying to make Corruption work properly since all traits are minorly okay or useless/counter productive to the nature of the gameplay. I'm sure with all the Burning, it would actually just move things around or improve them slightly.

@"zaswer.5246"In devastation we have ferocious strikes and vicious lacerations in the same column, i think they should change ferocious strikes or take it out for other trait because both are self dmg increase traits that ,if you compare, even in pvp i think VL is much better . So maybe increasing FS to 350 could be better.Ferocious strikes is just slightly better if you have 100% crits with anything but two handed, something they made impossible and so should be reworked.

Also i think assasins presence should be changed to another legend , i understand Devastation is shiros trait line but if you look at it closely you can see all the other traits in it give personal buffs while AP is a group buff so putting it in invocation could be better and maybe changing it ,to put an example: Legendary presence : in accordance with the legend you are in this moment you give a buff to you group. Shiro being 150 feroc/power, jalis 150 though ,ventary 150healing power, mallynx 150 condidmg, glint 150concentration,kalla 150feroc/expertise.

They'd have to remove one trait of Invocation and I'd prefer not, because they're all useful in one way or other.

Also while agree that sword 4 would be good with a block i think you could make shield block better(letting you move for example) and make sword off be purely offensive with the risk of not being able to block . Pls make sword 3 animation a bit faster or smooth as i think that the "cast" or animation is too slow and seems akward (at least with my charr)

Shield is not moving anytime soon and it's honestly no big deal. Same for Sword 3, it's tell is meant for counter play along the common Quickness. Sword 4 needs to come back however.

Regarding true nature i think glints one is great while the other ones are mostly usseles , i mean theyre not bad but either other classes or ourself with other skills can make something similar or better so maybe it should be changed to get something more unique from other legends.Maybe shiro giving a bit more att speed ,jalis i dont know ,ventari cleansing condis ,and mallynx pulsing condis (triing not to get it broken) . But to tell the truth i think that core revenant f2 turning into facet of nature would be better , i mean a not upkeep skill that replenish 30 energy and gives a buff like the ones we already have for 10 seconds or so , it would make it a fresh air between all the glints upkeep ,maintain its use and also help revenants with energy sustain. In mallynx i would merge the heal and pain absortion because you usually have to use them together (as i have seen)

True Nature upkeep should be buffed to consume 2 instead of 3, it works great as it is otherwise, should not be touched as the effects are quite amazing.

I agree that needing to be under 10 energy to get that 25 extra is difficult in pvp if not impossible so i agree in that trait chaning and maybe getting a trait that increases our energy cap .

Revenants can jump on people and deal a ton of things at once, the 50% cap is for balance, that's why it's combat only.

And one last thing , i understand that revenants have 10 skills in stead of 5 but we have a lot of skills that are used only in certain circunstances and in others are useless so please make one skill more per legend or let us use racial skills .Racial skills weren't added probably because it'd be too complicated.

@otto.5684Remove Kalla stacks.

Kalla stacks are for people to keep momentum.

Buff axe 2&3 and reduce their cast time to 0.5 secs as well.

Why buff axe? It's fine right now.

Renegade, needs so much work and re-work. I will just pass on it.

Renegade is in a good spot, the hate is just unwarranted and it's not used like it should most of the time.

Herald, Draconic Fortitude, increase fire duration and fire damage by 10%.

That 10% Health is there to make Infuse Light relevant. No need to change it.

Herald, Draconic Echo, using a facet skill inflicts 1 stack of burning for 5 secs to all targets in 240 radius.

That's unnecessary of a buff.

Shield, 5, Crystal Hibernation, not be a self root (and change whatever else to make that work).

Shield 5 doesn't need movement, it needs team utility.

Mallyx, Pain Absorption, cost reduced to 10 energy and now has a 10 sec CD.

That's a big nerf to Mallyx, not needed.

Mallyx, Banish Enchantment, instead of removing 3 boons, corrupt 2 boons.

Too easy to spam and could make Mallyx OP pretty fast. Removing more is still somewhat better also.

Jalis, Rite of the Great Dwarf, 10 energy cost and now has 30 sec CD.

That's a big nerf to Dwarf.. Just no.

Retribution, Versed in Stone, no auto trigger. Now reduced CD by 20% of Rite of the Great Dwarf, in addition to what it already does.

Just.. It doesn't help, too much nerf.

Staff AA, remove the orbs. Increase damage by 10%. Will need to change in salvation all the healing orb kitten. It does not work anyway.

If orbs actually tracked, it would work. Right now the ceiling of effort is too high.

Staff 2, increase damage by 15% (PvE only).

Staff doesn't need to be stronger than Dual Swords, it's in a good spot and should stay in that good spot.

@"Tammuz.7361"turning into a projectile = gets reflected, blocked, etc = now useless and dead skill in wvw

turning something into a projectile is how you remove the skill entirely from relevance in wvw, it would now literally deal more damage to allies than enemies, this would be the end of rev which has already seen its core legends gutted in wvw.

they had the pathing correctly working BEFORE the october patch, they simply need to fix whatever they broke in the october patch.

Core legends are fine..

I had yet to edit that CoR should be more like a progressive frontal rectangle skill like Blunderbuss from engineer rather than an "actual" projectile. They could always give it a non reflect factor because of the nature of it's function while not being so terrain dependant, it's dumb and pointless.

on another note: would be kinda nice if brutality procced with legend change in addition to weapon swap, would mean it might actually get used instead of swift termination which is basically always better right now.

Brutality should stay as it is so that Quickness is predictable. It's more productive that way.

Just to add my 2 cents. Since it looks like that we are never going to copy back conditions with EtD, the heal skill should remove conditions completely. Pain absord needs to get a rework, maybe not even a big one but something like insta cast stunbreak blindand current condi transfer to ourself removed cause its old desing. I would really like to see banish corrupt boons as well as right now we have 0 condi coverage. Thats it about Mallyx

@Scoobaniec.9561Just to add my 2 cents. Since it looks like that we are never going to copy back conditions with EtD, the heal skill should remove conditions completely. Pain absord needs to get a rework, maybe not even a big one but something like insta cast stunbreak blindand current condi transfer to ourself removed cause its old desing. I would really like to see banish corrupt boons as well as right now we have 0 condi coverage. Thats it about Mallyx

I don't know how Mallyx was played pre-hot but as of now the playstyle is meant to be stacking conditions on self then transfering to counter pressure. So removing conditions is not something that Mallyx needs.

Empowering Misery does need baseline Resistance so that Demonic Defiance is less mandatory but the idea is to keep as many conditions on yourself then sent them back, doing that to Mallyx would be an unnecessary nerf and also make it a copy of Consume Conditions.

@phokus.8934 said:Shield needs a rework or at the very least, remove the root on 5.

Removing the root will make it superior to Warrior block, it would need a cooldown higher than even Chronomancer has and that's a bad idea given the flow of the profession. Being able to move barely does anything given Herald has so much utility, it's fair.

What the shield could use is teamwork oriented buffs that would make the root a give away for the team to stick around, such as the suggestion given that the skill effects are done in a radius.

Renegade outside of raiding is complete dog kitten, including the shortbow. It’d be nice to not be pigeonholed into Herald for pvp.

I can teach you how to play Revenant and Renegade if you really feel stuck to Herald, it's a lie that there's no option for the profession in PvP, there's plenty to do that Herald can't achieve.

@"Virdo.1540" said:Jalis' Healing could give some barriere depending on the removed conditions. Its pretty weak due to its looong cast time

Totally agree to that, although it does have weak total healing, that's because of the tankiness, traits and also the access to another heal skill. Barrier would simply reinforce players to use at a good time, just like Empowering Misery which is what Anet should encourage because most of the Healing skills on Revenant have a special condition that makes them much better at certain opportunities than others, it's a fun aspect.

As it stands Soothing Stone "is" good enough but it's the very conventional kind that pressure isn't gonna be re-applied fast in all sorts. It deserves that buff because the latter would require player skill and timing in a way that isn't significant enough to be overpowered.

It's regardless well known that a lot of times when the skill is done, the healed damage is already back because pressure is often absurd as Jalis is meant to take that much and we all know how superior that makes Infuse Light in that regard vulnerability aside, the Healing skill is often used in a pinch and this would alleviate how it's easy to turn around a Jalis fight because it's based on a lot of momentum.

So yeah, remove all conditions for barrier would make people stop complaining about Revenant and it's weakness to them when not a Mallyx user. Even when I am not a Mallyx user myself, it happens that I have nearly all conditions of the game on me because of the ability to tank, it's really hard to get out of those situations as anything else but Mallyx, so power users should really be given the opportunity to be rewarded when they pull off their healing at the right time, like I said it's doable right now but it's unreal how convenient it has to be and the reward being bare survival or half alleviation of the damage.

@Shao.7236 said:

@Scoobaniec.9561Just to add my 2 cents. Since it looks like that we are never going to copy back conditions with EtD, the heal skill should remove conditions completely. Pain absord needs to get a rework, maybe not even a big one but something like insta cast stunbreak blindand current condi transfer to ourself removed cause its old desing. I would really like to see banish corrupt boons as well as right now we have 0 condi coverage. Thats it about Mallyx

I don't know how Mallyx was played pre-hot but as of now the playstyle is meant to be stacking conditions on self then transfering to counter pressure. So removing conditions is not something that Mallyx needs.

Empowering Misery does need baseline Resistance so that Demonic Defiance is less mandatory but the idea is to keep as many conditions on yourself then sent them back, doing that to Mallyx would be an unnecessary nerf and also make it a copy of Consume Conditions.

What part of the kit says the playstyle is to stack conditions on yourself when all you have is 1 GM trait to transfer on legend swap, not linked whatsoever with Mallyx itself?Both heal and pain absort are coming from old desing

Back pre HoT Mallyx skills worked like corruption for necro. All skills provided self harm conditions and EtD was copying 1 stack of all conditions on you with 3sec duration. For example 1 stack of burn for 3sec, 1 bleed for 3 sec immo for 3sec, fear for 3sec etc (i managed to fear 1 necro for 9sec this way or immo a mesmer for 12sec). Right now theres nothing that would support said playstyle

@Scoobaniec.9561 said:

What part of the kit says the playstyle is to stack conditions on yourself when all you have is 1 GM trait to transfer on legend swap, not linked whatsoever with Mallyx itself?Both heal and pain absort are coming from old desing

Back pre HoT Mallyx skills worked like corruption for necro. All skills provided self harm conditions and EtD was copying 1 stack of all conditions on you with 3sec duration. For example 1 stack of burn for 3sec, 1 bleed for 3 sec immo for 3sec, fear for 3sec etc (i managed to fear 1 necro for 9sec this way or immo a mesmer for 12sec). Right now theres nothing that would support said playstyle

Because as the design suggest, you feast on anguish.

You absorb people's pain or pain given to you and are rewarded with it at your own benefit to use. The names are big give aways even with Herald as the Facets are one part of the legend/subject of the entity and so on Demon takes away pain to feast which is also more effective than Pain Absorption but grant no Resistance which means both need to be used strategically and when you express the True Nature of it, you spread it all out to the enemies.

You are Empowered by the misery others that you take from others as well as those that give it to you.

https://i.gyazo.com/ef8f8904a90fb885f618daf4846b889b.gif

The way you explain it tells me that very far back then it was much more simple, but I don't expect it to work today given the conditions game did change drastically. I still can't find the info that supports your mentions on the wiki though.

@"Shao.7236" said:

You absorb people's pain or pain given to you and are rewarded with it at your own benefit to use. The names are big give aways even with Herald as the Facets are one part of the legend/subject of the entity and so on Demon takes away pain to feast which is also more effective than Pain Absorption but grant no Resistance which means both need to be used strategically and when you express the True Nature of it, you spread it all out to the enemies.

You are Empowered by the misery others that you take from others as well as those that give it to you.

https://i.gyazo.com/ef8f8904a90fb885f618daf4846b889b.gif

The way you explain it tells me that very far back then it was much more simple, but I don't expect it to work today given the conditions game did change drastically. I still can't find the info that supports your mentions on the wiki though.

Thats more to do with lingering design from HoT beta if we're honest.

HoT beta saw that all utilities on mallyx, heal skill included, self-inflicted condition. To boot, EtD copied a condition every pulse, and several traits (at the time) either healed you, gave increased damage (bolstered anguish), or increasing critical chance (maniacal persistence) based on conditions currently on you. Anet gutted this play style piroir to HoT launch by removing the condition copy on EtD, and removing on self-inflicted conditions, and then later removing the increased damage per condition/critical chance because "anti-synergy with group play".

It wasn't until a year later (june 26, 2016) they actually added the condition copy back in the form of pulsating pestilence, which didn't transfer until 2 years after that.

Mallyx design in current, in regards to pvp, is either by face tanking a condi spec and transferring 6 condi via legend swap&herald f2 or by spamming skills under EtD for super torment pulses. If the intention of anet is to take condi off allies and transfer them then it isn't working as the cost vs what u actually put out isn't enough, especially in a mostly power based meta (yes mirage and necro exist but theyare the exception, not the rule). In regards to PvE, there isn't enough condi output from enemies for this even be remotely relevant. So it fails on every front.

I would like to see the "empowered by conditions" playstyle return for mallyx but self-inflicted conditions would have to make a return, and traits would have to be reworked such that the buffs that the inflicted conditions trigger would have to have durations unattached to the conditions on you. For clarity-only example: being inflicted with a condition gives you a stack of a buff that increases your condition damage by 5% per stack for 10 seconds (example only). Something like this, I can't see it working any other way personally.

A boon duration & condition damage stat-spread would also go a long way to encourage it as well but that could have unforeseen balance problems with other classes.

@Shao.7236 said:

@phokus.8934 said:Shield needs a rework or at the very least, remove the root on 5.

Removing the root will make it superior to Warrior block, it would need a cooldown higher than even Chronomancer has and that's a bad idea given the flow of the profession. Being able to move barely does anything given Herald has so much utility, it's fair.

What the shield could use is teamwork oriented buffs that would make the root a give away for the team to stick around, such as the suggestion given that the skill effects are done in a radius.

Renegade outside of raiding is complete dog kitten, including the shortbow. It’d be nice to not be pigeonholed into Herald for pvp.

I can teach you how to play Revenant and Renegade if you really feel stuck to Herald, it's a lie that there's no option for the profession in PvP, there's plenty to do that Herald can't achieve.

I'm going to disagree with you that it'll be better than warrior shield. You don't need to change anything with shield if you remove the root. If they brought back the defiance bar then sure, keep the root. But considering the state of the game, the skill needs to be brought back to the Mendoza line at least.

Also going to disagree that you think Renegade is remotely on par with other specs. Herald is the class meta and by a large margin. Why would you gimp yourself by not playing it?

@Ertrak.9506 said:

@"Shao.7236" said:

HoT beta saw that all utilities on mallyx, heal skill included, self-inflicted condition. To boot, EtD copied a condition every pulse, and several traits (at the time) either healed you, gave increased damage (bolstered anguish), or increasing critical chance (maniacal persistence) based on conditions currently on you. Anet gutted this play style piroir to HoT launch by removing the condition copy on EtD, and removing on self-inflicted conditions, and then later removing the increased damage per condition/critical chance because "anti-synergy with group play".

It wasn't until a year later (june 26, 2016) they actually added the condition copy back in the form of pulsating pestilence, which didn't transfer until 2 years after that.

Mallyx design in current, in regards to pvp, is either by face tanking a condi spec and transferring 6 condi via legend swap&herald f2 or by spamming skills under EtD for super torment pulses. If the intention of anet is to take condi off allies and transfer them then it isn't working as the cost vs what u actually put out isn't enough, especially in a mostly power based meta (yes mirage and necro exist but theyare the exception, not the rule). In regards to PvE, there isn't enough condi output from enemies for this even be remotely relevant. So it fails on every front.

I would like to see the "empowered by conditions" playstyle return for mallyx but self-inflicted conditions would have to make a return, and traits would have to be reworked such that the buffs that the inflicted conditions trigger would have to have durations unattached to the conditions on you. For clarity-only example: being inflicted with a condition gives you a stack of a buff that increases your condition damage by 5% per stack for 10 seconds (example only). Something like this, I can't see it working any other way personally.

A boon duration & condition damage stat-spread would also go a long way to encourage it as well but that could have unforeseen balance problems with other classes.

Well put tbh. I also forgot about the fact that Mallyx skills were getting stronger with more conditions on. None of that is the case anymore. Found the list of beta Mallyx skills and traitsgw2-revenant-mallyx-skills.jpg

gw2-corruption-revenant-traits1.jpg

As we can see current pain absort and heal are relics of the past that need to be updated

@Scoobaniec.9561 said:

@"Shao.7236" said:

Well put tbh. I also forgot about the fact that Mallyx skills were getting stronger with more conditions on. None of that is the case anymore. Found the list of beta Mallyx skills and traits
gw2-revenant-mallyx-skills.jpg

As we can see current pain absort and heal are relics of the past that need to be updated

if thats really coming this way to mallyx and corruption, then i can see having fun with those both :3

I've been playing a lot of shortbow renegade in pvp and it’s actually pretty good with just a few things holding it back.

The worst bug and the thing that gets me killed the most is that you can’t cast summons from no port spots (or on to no port spots). You get a no path to target error, which while kiting often means death.

You already covered shortbow pretty well so need to rehash that.

As far as QoL, I would love to see the cast time of the Kalla elite be lowered. 1 sec is just too long. A reduction in the upkeep cost would be nice, but the cast time is brutal.

Also, increasing the duration of Kalla’s fervor would make upkeep less of a hassle. Currently without hitting anything, with the middle grandmaster trait that extends duration, you have a 2 sec window to recast f1 to maintain might stacks and kalla’s fervor, which is just too short. You already have a cast time, 10 sec recharge, and energy cost to use f1 and if you miss that 2 sec window you get nothing.

@Ertrak.9506 said:

@"Shao.7236" said:

Just going to say right away that Revenant can face tank all forms of damage, not just conditions.

How is it not working? It does exactly the same as Necromancer, you can't have any better even though it is in many situations.

I don't see how it's not inflicting "enough" damage when the entire setup is an oppressive and defensive aspect, saying that people just have to spam skill is half truth also in PvP when in no regards to your mention that people will let that happen freely, the strategy is to work with your other skills while you can still inflict torment, not just "spam" like nobody would stop you. The damage is extremely high and it's a big lie to say that it's not viable, if we have to nitpick from the only thing I shared, I can make an entire montage of all the things I've done on with Viper's on Revenant and Sage's on Herald, that I've also fought many of the best and actually won more than a few.

Another thing people miss out on the "transfer" aspect is that it has "Maximum Target of 5" to Both" which means you can do a total of times 5 the effect of the skill, so 15 conditions transfers on a single legend swap while F2 does 10 and up to 15 also with Core Value in both perfect scenarios. The likely hood of it happening isn't as high in PvP but possible in certain objective fights which also Call to Anguish contributes to make those much easier to do, but given that already doing it to 3 people, 9 conditions is more than enough. In WvW blobs that aspect is quite chaotic and can make huge impacts into the fight if everything lines up mostly okay as with the Demon Facet it's possible to affect 10 allies passively, Pain Absorption is mandatory to begin with before using it.

Also to mention that Pain Absorption does not remove more than 1 is because it grants 2 seconds Resistance to allies which is already a lot compared other classes that barely gets any at all. It can be improved to 4 seconds and be permanent on self with proper gear, that's extremely strong and the reason why it's so low.

@Scoobaniec.9561 said:

@"Shao.7236" said:

Well put tbh. I also forgot about the fact that Mallyx skills were getting stronger with more conditions on. None of that is the case anymore. Found the list of beta Mallyx skills and traits
gw2-revenant-mallyx-skills.jpg

That appears counter productive compared to the new Mallyx and very very very weak to anything power.

I don't know why you would want all of this back, compared to what we have now. Mallyx before the rework was a relic of that past that I still made it work to top 100 PvP which was unecessary hard and now I can actually breath and capitalize on people by make them easy target with CC's, actually Mallyx CC is one of the best team setup you can do out of stealth with one bursty AoE class like power Firebrand or Mesmer one shot, it's quite incredible.

Also.. Being able to heal up to 10k is far from being weak.. It only needs a baseline Resistance rather than a separate ICD.

@Kalsa.1580 said:I've been playing a lot of shortbow renegade in pvp and it’s actually pretty good with just a few things holding it back.

The worst bug and the thing that gets me killed the most is that you can’t cast summons from no port spots (or on to no port spots). You get a no path to target error, which while kiting often means death.

You already covered shortbow pretty well so need to rehash that.

As far as QoL, I would love to see the cast time of the Kalla elite be lowered. 1 sec is just too long. A reduction in the upkeep cost would be nice, but the cast time is brutal.

Also, increasing the duration of Kalla’s fervor would make upkeep less of a hassle. Currently without hitting anything, with the middle grandmaster trait that extends duration, you have a 2 sec window to recast f1 to maintain might stacks and kalla’s fervor, which is just too short. You already have a cast time, 10 sec recharge, and energy cost to use f1 and if you miss that 2 sec window you get nothing.

I completely forgot that was a thing with the no port spots, yeah it's rather dumb. Not sure there's anything to be game breaking when it's just a summon. Maybe to avoid stupid slop casts?

For the elite it's kinda hard to say, I would love to see a faster cast and less upkeep given you get some much healing, but that damn thing is really strong too.

At best, I'd probably lower it down to ¾, but that upkeep does keep how good it is in check, would remove -1 at best.

@Shao.7236 said:

I don't know why you would want all of this back, compared to what we have now. Mallyx before the rework was a relic of that past that I still made it work to top 100 PvP which was unecessary hard and now I can actually breath and capitalize on people by make them easy target with CC's, actually Mallyx CC is one of the best team setup you can do out of stealth with one bursty AoE class like power Firebrand or Mesmer one shot, it's quite incredible.

Also.. Being able to heal up to 10k is far from being weak.. It only needs a baseline Resistance rather than a separate ICD.

What? Mallyx in bw2 was a beast. Lterally no condi build, even necro specced for boon corruption stood any chance and thats before all the sustain buffs we got in recent years. Notice that pain absort had self blind which you could pulse every second to all enemies in ur radius. How spamable blind is weak vs power? Honestly speaking once you gathered conditions nobody could keep up with cleansing, even the legendary DD eles who were op back in the day had to back off. Pulsing 7-9 conditions at once to enemies was not rare at all.

If we brought back bw2 Mallyx to current state of the game he would dominate in pvp. I dare to say that due to these spamable conditions like nearly perma weakness, blind and so on he was superior vs power builds as well. But the cost was clear - Mallyx being much harder to play. Rn its faceroll torment bot with no interesting mechanic

@Scoobaniec.9561 said:

@Shao.7236 said:I don't know why you would want all of this back, compared to what we have now. Mallyx before the rework was a relic of that past that I still made it work to top 100 PvP which was unecessary hard and now I can actually breath and capitalize on people by make them easy target with CC's, actually Mallyx CC is one of the best team setup you can do out of stealth with one bursty AoE class like power Firebrand or Mesmer one shot, it's quite incredible.

What? Mallyx in bw2 was a beast. Lterally no condi build, even necro specced for boon corruption stood any chance and thats before all the sustain buffs we got in recent years. Notice that pain absort had self blind which you could pulse every second to all enemies in ur radius. How spamable blind is weak vs power? Honestly speaking once you gathered conditions nobody could keep up with cleansing, even the legendary DD eles who were op back in the day had to back off. Pulsing 7-9 conditions at once to enemies was not rare at all.

If we brought back bw2 Mallyx to current state of the game he would dominate in pvp. I dare to say that due to these spamable conditions like nearly perma weakness, blind and so on he was superior vs power builds as well. But the cost was clear - Mallyx being much harder to play. Rn its faceroll torment bot with no interesting mechanic

I'll explain.Back then is back then, it's no longer the same today. Today if you re-introduced this playstyle with Mallyx, it would get annihilated by the avoidance and skills every professions have gained over the years. The concept is interesting but doesn't not work today, fact is people are still hating the CC that allows Mallyx to inflict some form of pressure and setup to it's benefits is beyond me since the past AoE was pointless until someone had the absolute necessary need to step into it and the cost was really high compared to now ways to inflict Torment.

The old EtD was counter productive by being unblockable and unblindable because everything else you did would miss 75% of the time.The old old EtD is much worst because now you're asking yourself to rely on 3 seconds delay pulses to inflict conditions that are merely damaging and be solely based on what's on you with little resistance, which is copying so you'd die by condition pressure shortly after.

The first Mallyx has 0 burst and damage application is too slow to be viable, the energy cost is disgustingly high to do anything even you adjusted it to today, second Mallyx had even more counter productive measures until Transfers were introduced it could stand a chance with kitting.

Today we have predictable utility, sustain and actual damage that can significantly harm someone without being locked out by our self harm and energy against anything that's not condition while what's condition has enough evades to just laugh at the intervals needed to apply anything worth while.

FYI, Weakness is still spammable, Blindness is doable with timing and in no way was it spammable back then, more like every 3 seconds which is nothing to work with when you'd lose it by your own doing with little resistance or the pulse of the AoE.

Looking at it, it's cool but it's a big unrefined mess that I'm glad has changed so that we can easily counter pressure threats with less RNG and more planning.

Nostalgia is getting to you.

@Shao.7236 said:

@Shao.7236 said:I don't know why you would want all of this back, compared to what we have now. Mallyx before the rework was a relic of that past that I still made it work to top 100 PvP which was unecessary hard and now I can actually breath and capitalize on people by make them easy target with CC's, actually Mallyx CC is one of the best team setup you can do out of stealth with one bursty AoE class like power Firebrand or Mesmer one shot, it's quite incredible.

I'll explain.Back then is back then, it's no longer the same today. Today if you re-introduced this playstyle with Mallyx, it would get annihilated by the avoidance and skills every professions have gained over the years. The concept is interesting but doesn't not work today, fact is people are still hating the CC that allows Mallyx to inflict some form of pressure and setup to it's benefits is beyond me since the past AoE was pointless until someone had the absolute necessary need to step into it and the cost was really high compared to now ways to inflict Torment.

The old EtD was counter productive by being unblockable and unblindable because everything else you did would miss 75% of the time.The old old EtD is much worst because now you're asking yourself to rely on 3 seconds delay pulses to inflict conditions that are merely damaging and be solely based on what's on you with little resistance, which is copying so you'd die by condition pressure shortly after.

The first Mallyx has 0 burst and damage application is too slow to be viable, the energy cost is disgustingly high to do anything even you adjusted it to today, second Mallyx had even more counter productive measures until Transfers were introduced it could stand a chance with kitting.

Today we have predictable utility, sustain and actual damage that can significantly harm someone without being locked out by our self harm and energy against anything that's not condition while what's condition has enough evades to just laugh at the intervals needed to apply anything worth while.

FYI, Weakness is still spammable, Blindness is doable with timing and in no way was it spammable back then, more like every 3 seconds which is nothing to work with when you'd lose it by your own doing with little resistance or the pulse of the AoE.

Looking at it, it's cool but it's a big unrefined mess that I'm glad has changed so that we can easily counter pressure threats with less RNG and more planning.

Energy cost were not that big and pulsing changed to 1 sec interval later on. The list of skills you see are from the small HoT beta before elite specs were added. If you search up for bw2 vids from 2015 you can see how powerful it was. If you could put bw2 Mallyx vs current you can bet bw2 one with perma resistance would always win. Also ur main source of damage should be weapon skills themself either way, utility is just.. utility

Regardless the point still stands that heal skill and pain absord are from the old Mallyx desing when they actually made sense and its is no longer the case as Mallyx on his own cannot copy/transfer any conditions in his kit

@Scoobaniec.9561 said:

Energy cost were not that big and pulsing changed to 1 sec interval later on. The list of skills you see are from the small HoT beta before elite specs were added. If you search up for bw2 vids from 2015 you can see how powerful it was. If you could put bw2 Mallyx vs current you can bet bw2 one with perma resistance would always win. Also ur main source of damage should be weapon skills themself either way, utility is just.. utility

Regardless the point still stands that heal skill and pain absord are from the old Mallyx desing when they actually made sense and its is no longer the case as Mallyx on his own cannot copy/transfer any conditions in his kit

Neither could the old one get rid of any conditions, the old one would lose because it would overwhelm itself while the other just counter pressure and apply more damage.

There would be no such thing as perma resistance with two Mallyx fighting each other either, even with the buffs old Mallyx would lose because it has no control while the new can toss him around easily.

To sustain with Resistance is half the story, Resistance is to allow manipulation of conditions.

You could buff old Mallyx to ridiculous levels, it would still lose by the simple fact that the self harm will always get the best of it. The moment old steps out, it will already be hindered by his own conditions while the newer will make sure it stays that way as well as giving back what came from the old.

We have a central pull for a reason, Axe 4 is unblockable for a reason, Sword 5 applied conditions for a reason. They're all gap closers that contributes to the short radius of transfers.

Both PA and EM are fine as they are because they still contribute to reward players risking their lives to counter pressure with big stacks. Doesn't matter if they're still the same from before or after.

@Scoobaniec.9561 said:

I didn't play Rev during this period, but to be honest on paper it sounds really hard to balance, and I can see why they would change it. The point about cleansing invalidating its potential is totally worth merit; in group play, cleanses are over abundant, and there is definitely a lot of anti-synergy there. At its strongest, it sounds stupidly strong and unfun to fight, at its worst, it sounds ineffective and easily counterable by ripping/corrupting Resistance and hardpressuring.

I would argue that it is overly simplistic to narrow Mallyx down to a simple torment bot. Yes, there is a certain level of truth to it--it is undeniable that it can dump out a ton of torment--but the kit has a lot of utility otherwise, and though the legend is most synergistic for condition builds, it is still very effective at what it can do: focused boonrip, group condition management, and high-impact crowd control. I see your point about how it is a bit awkward to not have condition transfer or copy built into the legend, but I just don't see there being room for it anymore without a complete rework, which I'd rather not happen because the legend is at a really good spot now. Both Pulsating Pestilence and True Nature have huge impact as is, although I would like to see an offhand weapon with an Arcane Thievery-esque effect to bring in condition manipulation beyond Mallyx.

• 2 weeks later...