Elite Spec Idea: The Enforcer (warrior + pistol)

RiyazGuerra.9203

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I want deceptions, traps, or tricks. Really want warrior with dual pistols and smoke fields...

Warrior needs better ranged DPS options and Pistols are whats left to really fill that bill. I just see this flavor working with pistols on warrior. Utilities could even be something new > > > like 'cartridges', load up a smoke cartridge to lay down a smoke field, load up an ice cartridge to lay down an ice field, etc. The lack of fields is another hole in the warrior kit.

I agree with this sentiment. Since tactics has been buffed the need for a support elite spec is diminished and the trapper / tricks build is more appealing as what could be the last elite spec of the class. With this in mind, allow me to present 'The Enforcer'

THE ENFORCER ELITE SPECIALIZATION...I. Features of the elite specialization

A. The elite spec allows for wielding a pistol in both mainhand and offhand

B. Mainhand skills are primarily power-based, offhand are primarily condition-based.

C. For each hand, each set of pistol skills must have one skill that is spammable, ie very short cooldown, that will serve as a primary ranged dps skill. This will allow for builds which are primarily power centered that can wield the pistol on the mainhand and say an axe in the offhand, and condition builds which can wield the one-handed sword in the mainhand and a pistol in the offhand.

D. The elite skill allows for the temporary availability of traps and wells enabling players to increase the maximum number of options available to every build loadout. This elite does not replace primary weapon skills and healing (skill slots 1-6) and serves to complement, not interrupt, gameplay.

E. The traps and wells available to this elite spec will allow for maximum flexibility for the player to assume multiple roles at the same time.
...II. What the elite spec cannot do.

A. Compared to rifle, the pistol cannot do more direct damage dps.

B. Pistol burst dps cannot exceed rifle's Killshot.

C. Pistol range must be lower than rifle.

D. Compared to longbow, any pistol fire aoe must have a smaller radius than the longbow's burst, Combustive Shot.

E. Excel at boon-stripping in any way comparable to Spellbreaker.

F. Excel at directed condition damage in a way comparable to Berserker. The enforcer's damage output can rival and exceed the Berserker's through the sum of its direct and indirect condition damage, achieved through careful planning, patience and readiness to exploit opportunities....III. The weapon skills

Mainhand PistolSkill 1: Oppressive ShotFirst shot: Fire a shot at your target.Second shot: Fire a shot at your target, if it hits apply vulnerability to foe.Third shot: Higher damage than first shot and +25% chance to crit. If target has vulnerability, +10 crit damage.

Skill 2: Cluster BombFire a cluster bomb at a target area. After a 3 second delay or if a foe is in the target area , the bomb will detonate and damage a maximum of 3 nearby foes and apply cripple.

Skill 3: Smoke ShotDetonates a smoke field at a target area. Allies in target area are granted stealth, foes are blinded.

Offhand PistolSkill 4: Hollow Point BulletFirst shot: Fire a shot at your target. Applies bleeding to target.Second shot: Higher damage than first shot and applies burning.Third shot: Fires a shot with +25% chance to crit. If the shot crits, there is a small explosion at the target and burning and torment is applied to all foes in target radius.

Skill 5: Electric NetFires an electrified net that cripples the target. For the duration of the net, target is revealed. If any burst skill lands on a netted target, the net detonates and target and all nearby foes suffer shocking damage and are stunned for 1 second....Going to borrow from Lan Deathrider and make a burst skill for each pistol equipped.

IV. Burst skills

F1 Burst: Ruinous Shot: The utilization is to supply some power-based, unblockable damage as well as mitigate damage output from target and provide an opportunity to supply damage enhancing boons to the source.Fires an unblockable, high velocity shot that applies weakness. If target has vulnerability, applies might to source. If target has vulnerability and crippled, applies slow to target. If target has vulnerability and bleeding, also gives fury to source.

F2 Burst: Chaos Shell: The utilization for this burst is to cash out on the conditions you are stacking on the target by adding adfitional stacks of conditions and exploiting the target to spread conditions to their allies.Fires a shot that dazes target and does +20% damage to barriers.
If target is burning, the shell explodes and forms a flame well at the target location that causes burning to all who stand on the well.If target is bleeding, the shell explodes and applies bleeding to all foes in the blast radius.If target has weakness, the shell explodes and knocks down all foes in the blast radius.If target is netted (pistol skill 5), the shell explodes and triggers a blast of chain lightning that hits 3 adjacent foes....V. Elite skills (yes, you get several options, but you can only equip one)

Subterfuge (player choice): This elite will swap out your last 4 skills (keys 7, 8, 9, 0) for traps / wells for a brief period. The traps and wells it will provide are the same traps and wells that will be available to the spec that can be individually equipped (skill slots 7-9) with the exception of skill slot 0 (the elite skill slot), which will only be accessible to the player by choosing the specific elite variation.

A. Subterfuge: PanicSlot 7: Escape Plan: this well provides stealth to allies and cripple to foes.

Slot 8: Fear Trap: this trap pulses fear and vulnerability to foes.

Slot 9: Indecision: this trap pulses weakness and slow to foes.

Slot 0: The Hail/Fail Mary: this trap applies a single packet of damage to each foe who crosses the target area. This damage packet is a random, direct damage value that ranges from 1000 to 10000...B. Subterfuge: PoliticsSlot 7: Oppo Research: this trap will strip boons from foes.

Slot 8: Jingoism: this well pulses vigor, might, fury, aegis and swiftness to allies.

Slot 9: Misdirection: this kit spawns 5 gyros which orbit the player. Half of the damage directed toward the player character or allies are absorbed by the gyros.

Slot 0: Party Unity: this well pulses healing, regeneration, protection, resistance and stability to allies...C. Subterfuge: ParanoiaSlot 7: Blockade: creates a section of floor that cannot be crossed by foes or penetrated by projectiles.

Slot 8: Surveillance Drone: launches a stealthed gyro that patrols a predefined circular path and reports any relevant information on foes (species, class) it encounters via the minimap.

Slot 9: Thief Alarm: this trap will not only reveal any stealthed foes, it will attach an audible and visual alarm and apply vulnerability and cripple on revealed foes.

Slot 0: Decoy Golem 3000: this kit will spawn a fast moving golem with a large pool of hitpoints and a high toughness attribute. Default golem behavior includes utilizing taunt on foes, using a vacuum burst to pull enemy players, clones, summons, minions, shades, etc. towards the golem which it will then attack. A 'golem mechanic bar', a UI akin to that used for ranger pets, appears with 4 commands

• Attack My Target (F3): command your golem to attack your current target.
  • Guard Me (F4): instructs golem to attack foes you are attacking or are attacking you.
  • Protect All Allies (F5): instructs golem to orbit you and attack any enemy that is attacking you or your allies.
  • Take One for the Team (F6): instructs golem to detonate itself, damaging all enemies in its radius. The golem will then fall face-first to the ground and its body will temporarily serve as a barrier to any enemy marks, wells, and traps hazardous to the player or their allies.

..D. Subterfuge: PandemoniumSlot 7: Affliction Trap: pulses bleeding and poison on foes.

Slot 8: Chaos Trap: pulses confusion and torment on foes.

Slot 9: Ember Trap: pulses burning and immobilize on foes.

Slot 0: Airship Beacon: this trap signals a Pact Airship to fire a searing beam of light on the target area. Foes in the area are blinded, suffer burning damage and knocked down...E. Subterfuge: Jack of All TradesSlot 7: Indecision: this trap pulses weakness and slow to foes.

Slot 8: Jingoism: this well pulses vigor, might, fury, aegis and swiftness to allies.

Slot 9: Thief Alarm: this trap will not only reveal any stealthed foes, it will attach an audible and visual alarm and apply vulnerability and cripple on revealed foes.

Slot 0: Enhanced Ember Trap: pulses burning and immobilize on foes. Any foes that die in the Enhanced Ember Trap spawn an Ember Elemental that follows the player. There is a rare chance to spawn a Fire Djinn instead of an Ember Elemental.,,,I'll just start with this and open the floor for comments. Minor and Major traits to be added later.

edit 01: credit to Lan Deathrider.5910: change from drone to gyro, satellite to airship.

: +1: on the politics package. That got a smile out of me.

Is Pistol 4 also an auto attack? Does each warrior weapon get an F2 or just pistol? What would the traits be like or are those still in the works?

What is the drawback to taking this E-Spec?

I suggest to rename the drones to 'gyros' and satellite to airship to stay in time period with the game.

Some of those elite packages sound fun and great, some sound a little out of left field.

Haha thanks for comment, I tried to pick boons / conditions that are consistent with the particular political theme.

Pistol 4 cooldown is like an auto-attack. The goal was to make either pistol the source of continuous ranged dps. This way, if a melee weapon is equipped in one of the hands, the free hand will have a spammable ranged dps option. If you have a pistol equipped in the mainhand and offhand, that is also a viable loadout since each pistol offers options the other does not.

Traits are still being worked on. I have to get to work now so I'll be working on them during breaks. I would also like to take some time to read / comment on your elite spec.

Yeah I'll rename those, it would be more thematically consistent with the game's current lore.

I listed some limitations in the beginning of the post. The same travails that plague other trapping specs applies here, want optimal dps? Need to lure the fools to your traps. If you do not equip individual traps/wells to your skill bar conventionally and rely on your elite skill variation to be your source of traps/wells, you will be limited by both the time your elite is active and when it is on cooldown. Roughly, I figure the elite skill activation time will last long enough to allow you to place 1 of the more powerful traps/wells and maybe 2 of the weaker ones.

In general though, I really see this spec shining when pairing pistols with melee weapons. Being able to approach a target and spam ranged dps, go into melee, and then back off and spam ranged dps to sustain dps on the target at all times will be such an advantage to an opponent bound by the reach of their melee weapons. Now ranged classes, that is another story...the Enforcer will have tools ('Escape Plan' or Pistol Skill 3) to get into stealth to close the distance.

@RedShark.9548 said:Not a fan of static gameplay like this.Its boring and warrior doesnt rly have the means to force his opponents inside his traps or wells, like dragonhunter has.

What hinders your opponent from just attacking you from range?

If they are all wells then they can be ground targeted. May be more prudent to make them wells instead of traps.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@RiyazGuerra.9203 said:A. Compared to rifle, the pistol cannot do more direct damage dps.B. Pistol burst dps cannot exceed rifle's Killshot.C. Pistol range must be lower than rifle.Why bother with a weapon that performs worse in every way than an already underperforming weapon?

Expect staff ;)

Priest of Balthazar. Every weapon skill applies burning, double stacks on a crit. F2 summons the Hounds of Balthazar. Uses Primal Bursts instead of Bursts for F1. Two bars of adrenaline, Hounds use one bar, Primal Bursts use one bar. Staff Primal Burst: Meteor Impact: Leap into the air and land with a fiery cataclysmic shockwave. Applies 10 stacks of burning for 4s in a 1200 range, with a power scaling of 1.2. Launches all foes it for 600. 10 target cap.

serious, not serious, totally serious, 10 out of 10, would play.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@RiyazGuerra.9203 said:A. Compared to rifle, the pistol cannot do more direct damage dps.B. Pistol burst dps cannot exceed rifle's Killshot.C. Pistol range must be lower than rifle.Why bother with a weapon that performs worse in every way than an already underperforming weapon?

Expect staff ;)

Priest of Balthazar. Every weapon skill applies burning, double stacks on a crit. F2 summons the Hounds of Balthazar. Uses Primal Bursts instead of Bursts for F1. Two bars of adrenaline, Hounds use one bar, Primal Bursts use one bar. Staff Primal Burst: Meteor Impact: Leap into the air and land with a fiery cataclysmic shockwave. Applies 10 stacks of burning for 4s in a 1200 range, with a power scaling of 1.2. Launches all foes it for 600. 10 target cap.

serious, not serious, totally serious, 10 out of 10, would play, traits that inc fire would also boost damage output.

Wizard knight outfit = profit.Adrenaline lvl increases burn intensity.Mantras as utilities maybe .. f2 hounds would be cool >_> really cool.

For pistol, meh.. maybe outside a big expansion, some sorta of gunslinger steampunk cowboy.