Armistice Bastion - Strongly recommended for WvW Roamers/Duelists enthusiasts

EremiteAngel.9765

I never regretted buying Armistice Bastion Pass.Apart from the Standard Pass convenience of having all the vendors located in one small area, this gives us 2 other very valuable bonuses.

1. Dueling or watching roamers/duelists from all across different servers in a WvW setting
  2. Keeping tabs on Team chats for your server and helping defend or partake in banter as and when needed
  • Meeting Roamers/Duelists from all the different servers:Armistice Bastion has an Arena that allows for solo/team fights with players from across all the different servers.Roamers and duelists that you may never meet because you're always in different tiers are now gathered in the Arena.

Weekends features duelers across almost every timezone from NA to OCX to SEA (not sure about EU).There are no shortage of duelers.Even if there are occasional empty times, a simple map chat calling for duels usually draws a couple to the Arena.

If you're a roamer/duelist enthusiast and are able to afford it, do buy it when it next becomes available.Saving up to buy it is also very worthwhile IMO.

• Why not just duel in the PvP arena?IMO PvP setting is not the same as WvW setting.WvW has all the cheese builds and stuff that you'll not experience in PvP.

@Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:Its a well made lounge area, but why should wvw players support anet with gems when next to none of that money goes towards improving wvw?

Tbf I wouldn't buy gems for it, I'd just convert gold. Since I only played WvW there was precious little in the cash shop worth buying. I did buy some mount skin pack just to find out that it doesn't work on Warclaw. I couldn't be bothered to try and get a refund; I'm sure it was my fault for missing some fine print, and the level of apathy towards the game the state it is in just made contacting support sound like too much trouble.

Hey guys, its me again.Did you know that you can swap weapons in such a game like gw2? Yes, you can!By default its "~" key, with swap you gain access to different weapon, sigil and skills, that are probably off-CD and ready to be used!Well, if youre playing ele or engi, its kinda scuffed..But dont you worry! You have more skills than any other class anyway, just acces them by using F1->F4 buttons!I recommend using weapon swap, its really helpful and might improve your gameplay!

Hope you enjoyed this guide, leave a like, subscribe and dont forget to ding ding ding the bell button!Cya on the next episode!

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:I never regretted buying Armistice Bastion Pass.Apart from the Standard Pass convenience of having all the vendors located in one small area, this gives us 2 other very valuable bonuses.

1. Dueling or watching roamers/duelists from all across different servers in a WvW setting
  2. Keeping tabs on Team chats for your server and helping defend or partake in banter as and when needed
  • Meeting Roamers/Duelists from all the different servers:Armistice Bastion has an Arena that allows for solo/team fights with players from across all the different servers.Roamers and duelists that you may never meet because you're always in different tiers are now gathered in the Arena.

Weekends features duelers across almost every timezone from NA to OCX to SEA (not sure about EU).There are no shortage of duelers.Even if there are occasional empty times, a simple map chat calling for duels usually draws a couple to the Arena.

If you're a roamer/duelist enthusiast and are able to afford it, do buy it when it next becomes available.Saving up to buy it is also very worthwhile IMO.

• Why not just duel in the PvP arena?IMO PvP setting is not the same as WvW setting.WvW has all the cheese builds and stuff that you'll not experience in PvP.

How do you purchase it?

@Stephen.6312 said:

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:I never regretted buying Armistice Bastion Pass.Apart from the Standard Pass convenience of having all the vendors located in one small area, this gives us 2 other very valuable bonuses.
  • Meeting Roamers/Duelists from all the different servers:
    Armistice Bastion has an Arena that allows for solo/team fights with players from across
    all the different servers
    .Roamers and duelists that you may
    never meet
    because you're always in different tiers are now gathered in the Arena.

• Why not just duel in the PvP arena?
    IMO PvP setting is not the same as WvW setting.WvW has all the cheese builds and stuff that you'll not experience in PvP.

How do you purchase it?

It was in the gem store for a limited time.Its taken off now but hopefully it will make a return soon.

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

• Meeting Roamers/Duelists from all the different servers:
    Armistice Bastion has an Arena that allows for solo/team fights with players from across
    all the different servers
    .Roamers and duelists that you may
    never meet
    because you're always in different tiers are now gathered in the Arena.

• Why not just duel in the PvP arena?
    IMO PvP setting is not the same as WvW setting.WvW has all the cheese builds and stuff that you'll not experience in PvP.

How do you purchase it?

It was in the gem store for a limited time.Its taken off now but hopefully it will make a return soon.Ah, I see that you're not getting a provision off the 2 week passes that's still there or I assume you would have recommended that.

I feel sad now though because some of the duelers know I keep a list of guilds I've beaten in my little graveyard here and many of them don't want to duel me even though I lose 90% of my fights there :'(

Am I missing any good guilds in that list anyway?

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/76122/%E2%80%8D-%EF%B8%8F-eremites-wvw-necromancy-graveyard-%E2%80%8D-%EF%B8%8F

Here is why I did not buy Armistice Bastion:Even though I can easily afford it, still spend a fair amount of time playing GW2 and WvW is my primary game mode.

For open world PvE (or everyone):The Guild Hall did not cost gemsFor instanced PvE (raids, fractals):The Aerodrome & the Mistlock Observatory did not cost gemsFor instanced PvP (sPvP):The PvP lobby did not cost gems

• The other game modes do not have to pay gems just to gain access to friends to play with or wait in queue to play (-sPvP)
  • With Armistice Bastion ArenaNet proved that they have the tech capable of supporting GvG / Arena WvW physics
  • With Armistice Bastion ArenaNet proved that they can produce such areas timely but decide not to do it for unanswered reasons

All of these are examples of dangling goodies to string players along, unfair treatment or outright mistreatment of WvW players.

If that is something you want to support, go ahead and do what Eremite suggests. Buy your Bastion today.

@"EremiteAngel.9765" said:I feel sad now though because some of the duelers know I keep a list of guilds I've beaten in my little graveyard here and many of them don't want to duel me even though I lose 90% of my fights there :'(

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/76122/%E2%80%8D-%EF%B8%8F-eremites-wvw-necromancy-graveyard-%E2%80%8D-%EF%B8%8F

Actually all of them, because its NA list only B)

@"EremiteAngel.9765" said:I feel sad now though because some of the duelers know I keep a list of guilds I've beaten in my little graveyard here and many of them don't want to duel me even though I lose 90% of my fights there :'(

Gotta get it now so I can bury ya in your own graveyard :p

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

Gotta get it now so I can bury ya in your own graveyard :p

I already got buried by all those i listed multiple times ?

@Widmo.3186 said:

Actually all of them, because its NA list only B)

If only armistice bastion was a place to gather both NA and EU WvW players!That would be epic.